20 somethings

Hello girls!
Camz hope u manage to get away from the loo soon!! Rest that tummy up!!
Sweet that's amazing for 2 weeks off plan, I'd have gained a stone haha!!
Lyrical the kids often get those marshmallow pots that are a penguin, luckily they eat them so quick I don't get a look in ;)
It's so cold and dark and I'm shivering like crazy, off to Lily's parents evening soon! Oh by the way for anyone interested new look have an offer on online for today only. 25% off everything! I just ordered myself a new hat like a penguin and some black leggings! The code is VC25NOV33 xx

JESSICA, are you trying to destroy me? haha! Hope the parents evening goes well, make sure you let us know how you get on!

Just had dinner, it's not helping with the bloating...I feel about 22 months pregnant lol! If my scales are not down in the morning I may propel myself off the treadmill tomorrow...I know I shouldn't serial weigh but must they go up just to pi$$ me off?

Well girls.. 1lb off tonight, which is pretty decent considering I find it hard to lose anything while I'm sick. Here's to a good week ahead for us all! I'm so tired! School runs again today and Santa shopping too, so been flitting here and there all day. Even had to jog half way home with the kids, since we were running late. Poor son kept falling behind. He's sooooo not the sporty type. He's more the "stay in all day on the PS3" type. haha
I've gotten a day off school runs tomorrow though, since OH has said he'll do all three trips, bring them down, collect the baby, bring her home, and then back down for the other two later.
Fire is blazing, and am planning on watching some of Stephen King's The Stand later on. Haven't seen it in years.
Bought the Christmas recipe book in group tonight..some fab recipes in there!

Ooh mandy nice one in scoring the day off. I'm being let off doing the weekly shop this week. woo hoo. I still have to plan all the meals and write the list but mum said no, I wasn't to do the shopping this week because I've been doing it every week. Means I'm saving myself about £100 yehaw.

Have fun at parents evening Jess, I'm the same as you, id gain a stone in a week! Mum only gained 2.5lbs on this cruise, dad says 8lbs for him but I think it is closer to 12.

This marshmallow talk kills me. I LOVE marshmallows. I learned how to make them last year and they were even more wonderful. I can polish off a whole bag of marshmallows. I love them so much.

Anyone got fun plans tonight?

Jenna yes bloating sucks, rennie do a good product

Brilliant loss. Mandy! Well done :) That sounds like a lovely evening, and fantastic that the oh is doing the school runs. Things like that take so much time out of your day even though they don't seem like 'big things'.

I'm off tomorrow again too (God I sound like SUCH a waster...I never bloody work haha) so will probably be doing more Christmas shopping (I think I'm addicted and gyming it. I have officially decided tonight that my perfect occupation would be housewife. Have just tidied up after the family again (lazy gits) but I would just enjoy having a wee house that I could cook and clean in...I'm becoming obsessive with the cleaning (maybe I just need a job as a cleaner instead of a housewife hmmm?!) I now just need to work on finding a rich Mr haha!

I'm going to try that saltwater flush tomorrow Fran (tmi), went to Tesco today with the intention of buying sea salt, that was the ONE thing I had to get when I went in...spent 38quid and forgot the effing salt ahh!
Check you out getting a week off the shopping woop!

Mandy well done on the loss!! And enjoy your day off tomorrow!! I'm also having a day off school run in the morning as its my bday tomorrow and OH says I can have a lazy morning in my jarmies :p
Jenna what's this salt thing you're talking about?
I'm just back from parents evening and currently Cabbaged on the sofa, blanket and remote in hand and I don't plan on moving till bed. Parents evening went really well. Lily has settled into reception brilliantly, only 2 comments.. She is sometimes bossy with the other kids haha!! I knew this would be the case as she can be very bossy at home, both me and mrs bates lils teacher think it could possibly be her height!! She towers above everyone in her class. She's 4 and is in 7-8 clothing! Very tall and slim like her dad who's 6ft4! An also said she is doing amazingly with her letters and reading and writing but is struggling with her numbers so we need to work on them some more. She's a little star and I'm very proud xxx

I don't know what that saltwater thing is, I am thinking I should be grateful. I do the spend loads but forget the one thing I need ALL the time! Another reason I love doing it online, you can add stuff to your shopping up until midnight before delivery. Yay.

Wonderboy is dancing to in the night garden post bath. It is so cute. His gifts are pretty much all bought, just struggling with everyone else. Ahh. Last year I got one brother a subscription to empire that I need to cancel. I might get him a jumper, he likes clothes but has terrible taste... He follows trends rather than what suits him so often looks like a tit.

Oh and as for whoever asked me for toad in the hole syns the answer is a hell of a lot. Haha. Super looking forward to it though.

If you have a wee nosy in the colonic irrigation thread in the off topic section you'll see it. Basically its 2 tablespoons of sea salt in a litre of luke warm water. Apparently once you drink it you're meant to lie on your right hand side for half an hour and then prepare yourself for the day in the bathroom lol. Apparently it clears out your system more than simply eating a high fibre diet as it takes toxins etc. Who knows if it's true! Only time shall tell.

I am currently considering burning my sisters Christmas presents, I honestly can't stand the sight of the wee effer at the minute. Someone rescue me and buy me a house to get away from her? Pleeease!

I might try that, Jenna... currently (restarting the great poo debate) all blocked up again! Argh!
Just had dinner, my cheat meal, which was unsurprisingly, taco fries again lol. Left some on my plate and then fancied it again so reheated it in the microwave. OMFG the sheer amount of grease that came out of the cheese!!! I mean it was only enough cheese to cover the palm of your hand, and I had to have at least 4 tbsp of greasy oily goop on the plate. Won't be eating it again...totally put off.

And if marshmallows are a problem, you might want to think about hooves and tendons. Yes, hooves and tendons. They're used to make gelatin...and gelatin is used in a LOT of things. Like marshmallows, and chewy sweets, and some yogurts! Mmmmmmmmmm, hooves and tendonnnnnnnns.... nom-nom.

I wish stuff like that put me off...you could probably tell me that horse $hit went in to certain foods and I'd still eat them as long as they tasted nice haha! Definitely worth giving it a go, Mandy! Apparently it's just like a DIY colonic.

I wish I could have a cheat meal, apparently I can't get away with it anymore ffs!
Being brave in the morning and changing up breakfast...mixed fruit and a muller light. Bought Tesco frozen summer fruits today so will be using some of those. Hope they're nice as frozen fruit is much cheaper and will obv last longer than fresh!

The frozen fruits do go a bit soggy, but still edible! I haven't eaten anything with gelatin (that I know of) since. Not even a Basset's Jelly Baby lol I used to love those!!

xMandyDx said:
I might try that, Jenna... currently (restarting the great poo debate) all blocked up again! Argh!
Just had dinner, my cheat meal, which was unsurprisingly, taco fries again lol. Left some on my plate and then fancied it again so reheated it in the microwave. OMFG the sheer amount of grease that came out of the cheese!!! I mean it was only enough cheese to cover the palm of your hand, and I had to have at least 4 tbsp of greasy oily goop on the plate. Won't be eating it again...totally put off.

And if marshmallows are a problem, you might want to think about hooves and tendons. Yes, hooves and tendons. They're used to make gelatin...and gelatin is used in a LOT of things. Like marshmallows, and chewy sweets, and some yogurts! Mmmmmmmmmm, hooves and tendonnnnnnnns.... nom-nom.

I wish I had your problem, I've never been off the toilet all day! My stomach is really swollen, I've got horrible cramps, and there can literally be nothing left in me (sorry, too much information!) got a feeling I won't be in work tomorrow, grrr!! I HATE being off sick!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Mandy that doesn't bother me one bit.... I wish it did but it doesn't. That grease sounds gross. You'll have to find a new treat.

I don't know how that salt water is supposed to work. Salt leads to fluid retention and bloating. I'be taken something this evening for that problem. They don't seem to work well on me. I was pumped full of laxatives in hospital but I told them I couldn't "go" there but I could guarantee I would go at home. And that is just what happened. Haha. Silly body it doesn't like non-home loos. I can feel some movement.

Oh and jenna as for serial weighing I was having a quick look this evening and someone turned the light out on me! Gutted, but thought it'd amuse you.

Jess that's great news about your girl! What a wee brainbox.

Ahha that's brill that you're being kept from the scales. Normal salt causes you to retain water but because it's sea salt it's different...it explains it all on the link in the colonic thread and it made sense at the time lol!

Aww Laura, that's wick but there's absolutely no point in torturing yourself by going in if you're not well. You need to take time to feel better. Work comes second to your health.

I know, my class are covered for the afternoon as its my PPA so at least it's just the morning that needs covered! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Feel better soon, Camz. It's horrible when you feel like that. I bet you're even terrified to eat anything in case it just goes right through you. Tell you what... boil some rice, and drink the water from it. It will bind you up a bit.

Fran, I can imagine you standing in the dark on the scales. No more sneaky peeking haha.

Jess, what a lovely little girl you have, and a wonderful report! She's probably bossy because the kids are so much shorter than her and she feels like she's older than them. :)

Thanks girls, I'm very proud, oh camz I wish I couldn't keep off the loo!! Other way round for me hahaha. Sorry tmi!! I do hope you feel better soon!
Welcome ciara xx

Back