20 somethings

Good luck Wednesday weighers!

Oh dear hope you get seen soon Scarlett :(

Snowing again today which I like but having such a &*$£ day at work!! Really wish I could change jobs but i'm on 2 months notice which is hard, as I can't afford to leave before i have another job.

Hope the rest of you are ok! x

Oh the scales are so cruel! I hopped on them this morning so I'm not weighing blind and for a split second they said 10st 11 before bumping back up again. They're digital and usually don't show a number until they're settled so that was very mean of them!

Oh no Scarlett! Glad you're getting it checked out. Sounds like it's definitely an experience to add to your mum's list.

Christie - it's great when people start noticing! No one noticed mine until I was past a stone. You'll get that half stone back in no time!

I think my work clothes are getting baggy and thats what is noticeable, my joggers are baggy too and I had to tighten by belt another hole the other day to keep my jeans up, all these things keep me going, hopefully after christmas I wanna try and get myself as many losses as possible rather than the yoyoing ive been doing so far

Woo that's great Christie :) what a nice feeling!

Emily- shows how close you are! Stick with it :)

Oh Jo that's rubbish, what do you do? We had a dusting of snow here in West Sussex this morning but all gone now. That's the type of snow I like to be honest though!

Waited an hour and 3/4 in minor injuries, was a bit worried about the tingly fingers and cold hand but did some tests and said the nerves were all as they should be,but what prob happened was the needle scratched a nerve which is why its still sore, but it will just take a few days to heal. As for the bruising its still spreading! Been advised not to do any heavy lifting and be careful for a few days,plus ice packa which frankly I can't think of anything worse while its so cold but if it will help I better follow the advise! Managed to get quite a bit done in the house in the end so boss doesn't need to know I was out for a bit. At least today has gone quickly, wish the weekend would hurry up! Off to football on Saturday and really looking forward to it always a good laugh and nice to have a whole day with mike :) x

ForumRunner_20121205_140615.png
Bruise update! Lol

Glad the nerve isn't damaged scarlet. They sound utterly useless at your hospital! All in all it sounds like a good day though :)

Christie, that is fab news :) it took several stone for me. haha. most people know i'm losing weigh though. Today a lady in Tesco goes "I SAW YOU IN THE PAPER! WELL DONE!" to me. How bloody embarrassing!

Jo that sucks about work. Hopefully you'll find something right for you soon.

Just a diddy half lb off this week, which is fine after being so bloated these past few days and the big loss last month. I tried a coat on in the terrace (a gorgeous shop by me) and it was SOO NICE! Oh I felt fabulous in it. but it was reduced (yes reduced) to £99 so I wanted my mum to see it. I thought I could get it out of the birthday and christmas money my grandad has sent down for me. I'm currently stealing mum's coats because mine are too big. It was SOO yummy though.

Ooh hope you get the coat Fran! And well done on half pound loss. Haven't weight yet I'm on way home from work. So tired we're doing our Christmas play at the mo and had to do two dress rehearsals today poor kiddies were exhausted! One performance tomorrow and two on Friday, ill be glad it's over!

Down a pound this week again. 1 pound to my Christmas target, but thats mostly due to a few good losses when i started it, losses have really slowed down lately! Still, got to keep it going!

Well done on the losses girls, hopefully losses all round this week!

Aww thanks girls. Good luck for next week Ciara, You can do it!

I showed my mum the coat online, and it was £79 (£20 less! than in the shop). I rung up to ask the lady to put it to one side for tomorrow (the lady's suggestion) and mentioned it was £20 less online thinking it was a mistake. She got the website woman (it's all sisters that run the business) to call me back and they will give me it at the online special price (woop) and (because we go in so often they recognised me by my voice) so she said she'll put the smaller size to one side too just in case. Haha.

Bargain, maybe you should go for the smaller size so it lasts longer especially one that costs that much, id want it to still look ok on me at target too lol

Well done on the loss Fran and also fab news about the coat! We need a pic of you in this coat when you get it!

Well done on the loss ciara! And so close to 1.5stone too! You can get it next week!

Aww Jenna I always found the build up to meet the parents things awful too. Hope it goes well, its never as bad as you think! Hope the job is going ok though even though I know its been hard work xx

I've had an "open fridge, inhale food" kind of day, feel a bit sick cos I've eaten far too much. Can't warm up either! Brrrrrr hot shower and early night for me after I'm a celeb. Might get mike to warm me up if I stop feeling sick ;) hehe

Well done ciara, I'm on my phone so don't have the patience to read v far back lol! Wishing it was the weekend, we've open day tomorrow afternoon and Friday afternoon which means talking to parents...I don't want to especially as its so informal! Boke!

Just read the end of that, good luck meeting with parents! I hate it. But have to remember most of them are fine and are as nervous about talking to you :)

1lb off for me this week - which I'm thrilled with! I didn't stay for group as I had a playdate with a 6 week old baby. :D

Little Theo is gorgeous. Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of him but he is still teeny tiny and adorable. He slept in my arms for the whole 2 hours, so I know I got his really good side, but it was lovely. Really good to have a catch up with my friend but I felt so grown up all of a sudden!

Just stopped at the big Sainsburys and found a world of treats! So many flavours of Mullerlight! Currently downing a mint one - omg my personal heaven! I also emptied the freezer of LM sausages - there were only 3 boxes left! I had a big stock up on superfree ready for a good week of Extra Easy. I'm ditching my cereal bar/HiFi habit this week too to encourage myself to mix it up a bit. Bring on the 10s!!

Well done to all my fellow Weighers!

Scarlett - your arm looks so sore! I'm glad the nerve isn't damaged. I don't think the ice will do much more than slow the spread of bruising but follow their advice and get yourself some arnica.

Fran - how great to be recognised! The shop lady sounds lovely! I hope you get the coat!

I also had a chat with my consultant and another member about my target and they suggested I set my target higher because I 'might look ill' if I lose much more than another 1.5 stone. I just spoke to my OH about it and he said he's worried I'll get too skinny. I've got a stone to go just to get my BMI into the healthy range but I see what they mean. I'm going to see how I feel in a stone's time.

Going by bmi doesn't work for everyone, just remember that. Whatever looks and feels comfortable :)

To give you all a laugh. I've just watched IAC the coming out show and rosemary lost over 2.5 stone. I said god, I'd love to go away for 2 weeks and loose that much! My dad looked at me in horror and said you couldn't, there really would be nothing left of you!! I said erm yep there is..over 3 stone to go. He looked horrified lol! I asked him to guess my current weight, so he goes ok then stand up...so I stood up and he said top end of 9 stone? PMSL I wish!!! I told him my starting weight and he didn't believe me. Later I asked my brother and he thought I was 10 stone odd. Men eh?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Yay Emily! You will be in your 10s for Christmas! Babies are lovely when they sleep. Did he do the snuggling thing? Ahh I love it. When Nate wants to snuggle he hunts for a patch of bare skin to snug on. Winter layers are driving him mad. At 6 weeks theo is probably smiling which is fun too. :)

Jo, it isn't just men, ny whole group is the same. They tell me off when I say how much more I need to lose, and don't believe me when I tell them it only just gets me into a healthy bmi. My mum was shocked when I told her my stats too. Apparently at my bmi I should measure a lot bigger. So I know where both you girls are coming from, but i have a lot more to lose before I have to worry about moving my target!

Back