20 somethings

Oh wow two of us being nominated is ace! Not sure i like the idea of being in the local paper though.... hope that's not something i have to do if i win! Good job hunny, hope you win! xx

aww im sure they would only do it if you wanted them too anyway i doubt they would make you as thats not really going to help anyones self confidence really is it lol

lol that's a good point :) xx

Aww, thank you both. I have my fingers crossed for you too. I know it is hard with a little one, mine is 16 months and I am considering a straight jacket, just not sure whether to get it in his size to restrain him or my size because i'll have gone nuts! You should be very proud. The fact you have only been at group for 6 weeks and have made a big enough impact to be nominated is a big thing too!

CH2b, sorry you hate work so much. If they do say anything about it looking like you have lost weight just shrug and say "oh really? you think? thanks" and then walk away. haha

Oh ours is all suicide and floods :/ quite depressing sometimes but i guess thats news for you, we definately dont have slimming stories lol they would rather cram it full of adverts first before considering normal peoples lives lol

Wow I haven't been able to log in for a couple of day but it looks like I've missed loads!!

Congrats on those who have been nominated for their groups woman of the year award, what great news and you must feel so good!! Fingers crossed you both win and you'd both get my votes as you're doing so well.

Also well done on the losses posted in the last couple of days :) I had WI on Tuesday night this week and lost 1.5lb so am really happy with that after a 1lb gain last week. I am still motivated and will keep going but I find it hard sometimes in group when someone who started the same week as me and one the week after have both lost twice as much as me in the same time so I’m feeling a bit :sigh: about it, I know I shouldn’t compare as everyone loses at different rates and I am pleased for both of them but I want to see some better results for me as even when I stick 100% and I exercise hard 3-5 times a week and only lose around 1lb or 1.5lb a week and in seven weeks (with a blip in the middle as I lost a very close family member so priorities and options changes and gained 2.5lb over 2 weeks) I have only lost 7lb in total. So still have 5st to go.....

@CH2b – May is quite soon and will be here before you know it but if you stick to plan 100% you will see results and who knows how big they will be, plus if you speak to the people in the wedding dress shop before you go in they should be able to help you as I know quite a few larger brides that have got married in the last couple of years and had no issues in the right shop. It’s great that your partner loves you no matter what and makes you feel good about yourself, that is so important as I had a ex who destroyed my confidence and kept telling me I was fat even when I was a size 10!! No wonder I put on so much weight with that idiot ruining my confidence lol. I also know what it’s like to work somewhere you hate, not my last job the one before, I worked with some really nasty people and hated it so leaving there was a great feeling, all I can say is rise above it and remember you don’t have to like your colleagues so when you leave you will never have to see them again.

@ Franalamadingdong – hello and welcome to this thread, you’ve done brilliantly since the start of the year so this looks to be really working for you and I look forward to hearing any motivational tips etc that you can share with us :)

@tryingtolose – Sorry to hear of the rubbish time you’ve been having recently so I hope things can get better for you soon and don’t worry about the gain as it’s only small and you can easily get it, and more, off again. Staying motivated is hard but when you see the scales go down again and once your personal life gets a bit better I am sure you’ll be inspired again. In the meantime do you have a particular favorite ingredient? If so we may all be able to share some recipes with you to help you want to keep going.

Welcome back hun x are you measuring as well as weighing? Maybe these other women who are losing more arent exercising as much or not at all therefore not gaining muscle like u will be over time, I wouldnt worry too much when I started calorie counting in feb I did it for 4 months and didnt lose a single lb but when I did the shred for 9 days during that 4 months I lost 7 inches but still no weight loss. I prefer to measure, it boosts my confidence alot more than weight loss as it means my physical shape is changing x

Well I've just been shopping as Ben needed some new jeans and there was a sale on, so I thought i'd get some new jeans too as my size 20's are falling down. Found a new pair for £7 and they're a size 16!!! They go on and do up, which is the first time a size 16 has got past my thighs in a long time! I have a slight muffin top at the front still, but give it a couple of weeks and I think they'll look perfect! So pleased! xx

Thats great hun xx

My thighs are one of my biggest problem areas lol and bingo wings :/ lol

New jeans are always exciting Sammy. I've gone down from an 18 to a 16 too, which feels great :D

Hey!
Im 23 so I hope you don't mind if I join in! I've been married 2 years next month and have a 3yr old and a 1 year old, I teach antenatal classes and I've just completed my first week.

I think that's everything! x

welcome hun xx is that -4.5lbs in your first week? thats great well done! cant wait to officially start on monday :)

Welcome sparks and welcome back stargirl, thanks for the encouragement, i'll try to think up some motivational tips for you. I suppose what gets one person going doesn't work on another. I'm sure we will all get where we want to be. It is hard not to compare yourself. the people who joined when i did had huge losses, but i just plodded along and it has come off. CH2b is right, inches can come off when lbs don't, that body magic could be shaving those inches off. i weigh more but am much smaller than other ladies i know, it's all because i have always walked everywhere so i've a lot of muscle mass.

Well done sammy and bubble wrap. I am a 16 dress too. bought a fitted denim dress size 16 today (fensca) and i bought a knitted type dress size 14 yesterday (I think that one was just a fluke). it feels amazing doesn't it? *does a 16 dance for us all*

My baby boy just rolled over for the first time in his cot so I missed it! Ah well, here's some pics of what else he's been learning this week :D

jack nutter!.jpg

Bless Sammy, he'll be doing it plenty more times don't worry :) my son always did things the instant my back was turned. little monkies. was it a front to back or back to front roll?

It was back to front, I heard him moaning and thought he'd lost his dummy so went up to give it him and he was on his belly moaning because he couldn't get back on his back! He just started moaning again a minute ago and it's getting close to when he usually has a feed so I went up expecting to feed him and he'd done it again! But when I turned him over he was still asleep and just moaning about it in his sleep lol! Tomorrow i'm putting him on his play mat and watching him with the camera ready to record him, watch he wont do it then just because i'll be watching, little bugger lol xx

Awww he is soooo cute Sammy! I miss my two being little - they are 4 and 7 now. They've been at their dad's this week :( so I've taken to opportunity to gut the house, and gotten rid of pretty much all the baby stuff except the cot and a box of tiny neutral baby clothes (just in case) but I think my baby days are over. On one hand it's great knowing I won't have to start again but at the same time, I can't believe I'm never going to give birth and nurse a baby ever again :cry:

aww thanks bubble :) I think he's cute too. haha Fran, that made me laugh, Jack has done a tiny chuckle in his sleep once that i've seen, but not a full on laugh yet lol xx

Back