20 somethings

aww your boy is absolutely gorgeous sammy, i love those cute lil cheeks so adorable

aww your boy is absolutely gorgeous sammy, i love those cute lil cheeks so adorable

Thanks hunny, he's our little cheeky chappie! :D xx

Hi everyone I'm 26 and have restarted sw from the land of oz. I started on the 24th July and lost 4lbs in the first week or so then went on a boozy hen night last saturday. I've been really good since then but I have sneakily weighed myself before official weigh in and have gained. WI is tomorrow and I know I shouldn't keep checking but it's so hard. I'm finding it difficult out in Australia cause things are made differently, I read on the Aussie thread that baked beans aren't free which is a nightmare as they are my staple food! I did start the 30 day shred this week and am planning to do day 3 today even though I can barely walk. I'm more motivated than ever though so hopefully I will lose the 3 stone to target this time and stay there.

Thanks CH2B and Fran, maybe you’re both right I just need to get the tape measure out as I haven’t measured myself. I did sneakily weigh myself on my scales at home this morning and they have all these fancy settings and since I started my body fat percentage has reduced by almost 2% so that must be good. I think you’re right CH2B physical changes are more motivational that those on the scales but I can’t really tell yet, I think I’ll be due a change soon so I’ll just keep going as this is long term for me and Fran I think you’re right too with all the walking you’ll be healthier than those not doing exercise even if you weigh more. I just want to get my first stone off, I've 7lb to go and would love to do it by the end of the month. When I joined I hoped to lose around 2.5 stone by the end of the year and though I know it's possible I'm starting to doubt myself.

Welcome to Sparks, love your job would love to do something like that! How did you get in to it?

Also welcome Kirsty, congratulations on such a good first week, don’t worry if you do have a gain as if you get back on plan it’ll come off and it’s important to enjoy life and it’s not like you’ll be on a hen do every week. I was the same; I would weigh myself all the time the first couple of weeks so I hid my scales somewhere it’s a pain to get to them so I only weight myself out of class once a week about half way between weigh ins. Baked beans are free in the UK so I’m sure they should be in Australia too, what brand etc do you have out there? I’ll happily look them up but all beans are free as far as I am aware and I can’t see that being different just because you’re in a different country.

Are both of you doing this with a group or just on here?

Also what is 30 Day shred? It sounds like those who do it have great results…..I could do with some great results.

I do believe in Slimming World and know it works so good luck to all of us.

Hi stargir1 I'm just doing it on my own there isn't any sw groups in oz yet. The baked bean thing was just something I found on here I'm still eating them but if I have trouble losing weight I'll have another look at it. 30 day shred is a DVD by jillian michaels off of biggest loser. It's 20 minutes long and there's three levels to do over 30 days. You can watch level 1 and 2 on you tube. It's very hard though so it must work. I've read about people losing lots of inches doing it.
I've just made some speed food soup so hopefully that'll set me up well for next week.

The 30 day shred is fab cant fault it 7 inches lost in just 9 days out of 30 I kick myself for stopping but had a lot of family stress to deal with at the time and there was just no way I could continue with that aswell, I could definately feel the difference when I pinched my hips lol and my back fat went completely! Sadly its back lol but hopefully will be banished again soon since back fat in a wedding dress is not pretty lol you can watch some of them on youtube but the dvd is only 4.99 on play.com and is worth every penny, im doing sw at home alone, borrowed the basic books from someone but dont have the full directory unfortunately so thats why I joined here for tips aswell as support :)

Oh and welcome kirsty :) I have relatives in oz, wouldnt personally go there myself as id be too scared out of my mind that somehow I would see a snake lol my biggest fear! Maybe sydney would be ok lol x

I dont expect to lose much on my first weigh in a week monday as next friday I have a works outing at the beer and cider festival lol already paid for before I decided to do sw but nevermind got to still have fun x

Oh man completely jinxed myself there, sat casually outside asda enjoying my last tikka wrap before I start sw and low and behold someone is sat casually with a snake round his neck like its a scarf or something and completely normal, I dragged my OH away as fast as possible x

I didn't think they had groups in Oz yet but you'll get all the support on here and I am happy to look up values of things for you (and for you to CH2B) But regular baked beans in tom sauce are 100% free as I enjoy them and have them often. They're good for you too as they're low fat and high fibre so are quite a good thing to have as part of your diet other than the obvious side effects if you have too many lol ;)Speed soup is meant to be good too though I haven't tried it as I do love tomato soup. I think you'll have a good week and even if no loss this week you definately will next with that work.

I'd love to visit Oz one day but I'd like to do it after losing weight as I really want to be able to enjoy it. One of my boyfriend brothers lives in Brisbane along with his partner and two very young children so he has been there and really liked it. I would love to live there for the more relaxed way of life not to mention the nicer weather :)

Thanks for both of you for letting me know what 30 Day shred is, I have heard of her and as it's less that £5 I'll order the DVD and give it a go esp if it's 20 min as I find it easier to go for shorter burst of hard work rather than long ones as I have a long way to go before I can say I am fit :) Plus I've nothing to lose by trying it and I am willing to try anything really to help me shift some pounds of the lb type rather than the £ type haha

CH2B I hate snakes too but I really hate frogs/toads so that rules out the caribbean (sorry not sure of correct spelling) as I have heard too many stories from people who have been there and have seen giant frogs all over the place....

Ordered it, £4.89 on Amazon and I'd forgotten I have a gift certificate balance online so I got it for free :clap:

I didn't want to pay for delivery so it'll take a few days to arrive but I look forward to trying it

Omg you will totally be swearing at her lol but its worth it, i couldnt do even a girly push up let alone a normal one so i did one on my knees rather than my feet but still had great results and now i can do the girly one most of the time but i use nearly 6lb weights (as thats all my OH has thats small enough) when u shud use 3 or 5 lol :/ i used to use 2 litre bottles of water which is ok if they are easy enough to hold but on some of the excercises they were a bit slippery lol maybe if i had filled them with rice or something instead of water they would have been great substitutes for weights as they wouldnt be so wet lol alot of people start with using tins of beans lol

Haha I can't wait, I have just been reading some of the reviews online so I think I am in for some pain :) What a bargain and if, no when, it works I will be very happy about it. I can't do push ups either but I'll give it ago. Luckily I have some weights already but that is the only negative I would say as it doesn't make it clear you need weights but I like your water or tin of beans etc idea. But 6lb weights, from the sound of what I'm in for by the second day I'll not even be able to lift 1lb lol

it does help with the bingo wings so its worth it for me lol just one very useful tip lol make sure you do all the cooldown straight after lol when i got to day 10 (the day i stopped doing it) i did level 2 and felt great so afterwards without doing the cooldown i jumped on the treadmill for 15 mins then did a semi cooldown lol next day woke up in agony as i had pulled a muscle in my chest, was in pain for 3 days then lol

lol will make sure to do it all but I imagine I am going to be pretty sore every day :) The only bad thing with ordering online is the wait as I want to start now but I do have a bit of a summer cold mixed with hayfever so it's prob best I have to wait those few days as I want to be on full health before starting it.

Anyway on a more important note it's the weekend!!!!!!!!

Has anyone else been watching the Olympics? I have become pretty addicted to it lol

The soreness wont last long lol

I have been watching alot of it suprisingly as before it started I couldnt care less, then when it started I couldnt help myself lol

CH2b said:
Oh and welcome kirsty :) I have relatives in oz, wouldnt personally go there myself as id be too scared out of my mind that somehow I would see a snake lol my biggest fear! Maybe sydney would be ok lol x

Thanks CH2b I have been in Brisbane a year and not seen one snake other than in Australia zoo! (I've jinxed it now) or spider for that matter. There are a few lizards though. The weather and lifestyle out here are worth it all to me!
Stargir1 good luck with 30 day shred. I'm probs having a day off from it today cause I'm off to work and can barely walk, maybe I'll do it afterwards. I've been watching a bit of the Olympics but we only get highlights as it's on during the night here, I miss the bbc coverage cause we can only watch Australian dominated events, I miss being able to pick what sport you watch. Anyway it's still great and feeling pretty proud to be British!

The soreness wont last long lol

I have been watching alot of it suprisingly as before it started I couldnt care less, then when it started I couldnt help myself lol

Lol yeah only 30 days haha I reckon I'll be aching everyday :)

Me too, I hate sport, usually find it really boring but I have been watching it all day everyday and totally love it but I did enjoy last weeks events more than this weeks but now I don't know what I'll do once this has ended :)

Thanks CH2b I have been in Brisbane a year and not seen one snake other than in Australia zoo! (I've jinxed it now) or spider for that matter. There are a few lizards though. The weather and lifestyle out here are worth it all to me!
Stargir1 good luck with 30 day shred. I'm probs having a day off from it today cause I'm off to work and can barely walk, maybe I'll do it afterwards. I've been watching a bit of the Olympics but we only get highlights as it's on during the night here, I miss the bbc coverage cause we can only watch Australian dominated events, I miss being able to pick what sport you watch. Anyway it's still great and feeling pretty proud to be British!

Thanks hun, I will be giving it my best shot once it arrives, in general how are you finding the 30 day shred?

BBC Coverage has been good and I can imagine as the aussie team haven't done that well the press out there may not have been very in depth and with it being in the UK it's dominating everything.

Even if there are spiders, snakes or lizards I would still choose to live in Australia over the UK (we have all of those in the wild here after all), there are of course lots of good things about here but I would love the almost guaranteed good weather and relaxed way of life. If it wasn't for the fact my parents would never forgive me for moving to the otherside of the world I wouldn't hesitate to make the move :) It's strange to think you're just getting up now and we're all about to be heading to bed but for once we have had a couple of days of nice weather so it's not too bad here right now.

I would love to live in america though but a lot more murderers there so maybe not so safe lol im happy here for now anyway with the weather atm although it wont last very long :/ exercising in this weather is not great anyway lol

Back