20 somethings

Aww Fran, the poor quails... glad Nate didn't see that! Can you put down a concrete base which extends just out under the fencing area? That way you can be sure no more rodents can dig into it. You can then cover the ground with soil or wood shavings or whatever you need to.

Yay congrats on the job Lyrical! Big discussion but I'm sure you'll both come to a mutual decision in your best interests :)

Erm, I knew I would gain this week...deserved to, but I didn't deserve 3.5lb on! At least I don't think so... Oh well... it's over and done now. I bought two lovely new recipe books in group, a Red recipe book and an entertaining recipe book. Recipes look lush, so I'm looking forward to trying them out. I think I'm going to try some Red days this week, and even, dare I mention it...a couple of Fast Forward days too. I need to seriously kick this gain's (and the rest of the Christmas gain's) arse! I'm really hoping that if I put in a really, REALLY good week, I can lose between 5 and 8 lb.

Congratulations on the new jobs Scarlett and Lyrically, that is really great news :)

Welcome Clover!! I left my group recently as I found myself getting bored and there was no support from the C in or out of group so I am doing home WI’s and I get so much better support on here than I ever did at group so I hope it works out better for you this time, have you found a new group that has a better C?

Oh no Fran!! That poor quail, are the others ok? A fox got in my rabbits hutch a couple of years ago and the poor little thing didn’t stand a chance. Hope you’re ok and you can fix it and so pleased Nate didn’t have to see that.

Mandy that really sucks so good luck for this week but remember how we felt at the weekend, you will get the target by the end of the year!!

Thankyou for all the welcomes!

So sad about the quails :( glad Ur little one didn't see it, hope it doesn't happen again, what a worry.

Congratulations on the job too, me and my partner had to make a similar decision as he got offered a job in London, we lived in Devon, I decided to stay as im at uni but have applied for a transfer to a uni up there, and he took the job. It was too good to miss, his career is set now. Miss him though! However we are used.to long distance. Hope u reach a mutual agreement and are both happy xxx

Welcome Clover!! I left my group recently as I found myself getting bored and there was no support from the C in or out of group so I am doing home WI's and I get so much better support on here than I ever did at group so I hope it works out better for you this time, have you found a new group that has a better C?

No I didn't bother, it was a while ago now, I talked about it in my diary (link below) it can be a waste of money if u don't feel.supported xx

Well done emily x im sure u will figure out whats best for u both x

Argh! Had a **** day today, why do people deliberately set out to piss u off!

I told u my work are twats too lol I finally start standing up for myself after nearly 5 years of putting up with **** from people and now im 'going about things the wrong way' even though im not even doing anything really just winding one colleague up in a funny way, this is a person who constantly makes digs at me and gives me attitude all the time so deserves it, the way my manager said that was as if shes been telling all sorts of **** to him which id believe because she does it all the time, a couple of weeks ago she asked me to cover on till so she could do some paperwork that she is in charge of doing so I said ye thats fine aslong as u know I have my break at 11 (which was an hour away) anyway she disappears for ten minutes into the cash office where this manager was and another colleague and told him I was making excuses not to go on till and that she works with a bunch of lazy, useless morons! This was the day I first started winding her up cos it pissed me off so much that she could be so *****y as to make **** up and talk about us like that!

Sorry for all the swear words in there x

Thanks for all the kind words ladies. Nate didn't see it... he was too busy trying to get into the pond when I said he wasn't going into see the birdies. They just got one. turns out it could be a weasel, apparently they will just kill and remove heads for the hell of it. It bugs me, if it was an animal needing food I could understand, but it is just to kill :( as it isn't my garden and my parents are looking to sell I can't concrete it, it's just some gravel and then under that is base rock or whatever it was mum called it, they seem to have dug through from next door. lord bloody knows how, I just found the tunnels. I have moved more breezeblocks so hopefully I have twarted their last way in. I managed to cut off all the others. I'm so sorry a fox got in your hutch star. Foxes are *******s, they got some of our chickens so we had to move them. Again, I can understand for food, but they kill everything.

Mandy I'm sorry to see you had such a rotten gain, you can know that a lot of it will be "fluid in the system" which you can flush out soon enough. I know how determined you are right now so I am sure you can have a wonderful loss this week.

Emily that's wonderful they think so much of you (get you you little superstar!). I hope you and your OH can work out what is best for the both of you without too much stress.

Christie that stinks! A woman where I used to work tried to get me fired by getting her sister to write a letter of complaint about me full of lies. The manager, the territory manager and the flex manager all said they were doing bugger all about it because my boss and I proved it was all lies. She'd done it with loads of staff members before but I was the first one where they could prove it was lies. HURRAH. it was funny, when the police came round to speak to me (about cctv capture and could we get footage of something from across the road - nothing thrilling) she kept nosing through the office door, and being the mature person I am I asked the police man if I could play with his "hitty-stick". It was quite amusing the next time she was nosing in and I pretendingly threatened to bash her with the hitty-stick. AHAHAHA. Not overly mature but hilarious! And there was no way she'd write another letter about me, especially when the police officers were laughing knowing I was joking around. These people are SO petty, but they never prosper. When she realised I was going no where mrs "I've-been-here-for-17-years" handed in her resignation.... the day after I went on holiday. It feels like hell at the time, but you can get through it. :)

Other than the quail incident food and body magic have been on again today :) sciatica seems nearly all tick-a-dee-boo :)

Oh and then after a crap day at work I come home to a t*wat of a lodger who thinks he owns the place! My oh was watching football and normally thats all our lodger watches but because his gf was here aswell he asked my oh if he could have the control a sec so my oh assumed he was just checking summat on the planner and the cheeky bugger turned it onto music channels and kept the control! U just dont do that if someone is watching something, hes only lived here a few months, anyway when I got home then I changed it back to football, we went out the kitchen to check the food in the oven by the time we got back he had turned it over again and had the control by him again so we left it til our food was done then grabbed the control while he was having a fag and I kept it by me then the rest of the night so he couldnt do it again! I should have put a really crap programme on and made them suffer!

Everyone kisses her ass all the time just cos shes the only full time cashier they give her all the responsibilities and expect us to treat her as senior even though shes useless and ive been there longer and know more than her as does alot of others, she can do no wrong in the eyes of management and I will be telling them this in my review cos no doubt it will come up again!

Oh how annoying! You never change the channel if someone is watching something. How rude.

I was lucky, our management HATED her, the territory manager was asking my manager to keep an eye out for how to get rid of her. Even her handing out fags for free (so essentially stealing!) wasn't enough! Yours sounds like an equal pain in the ass. She made out she was senior too, and whoever rose above her was subject to one of her letters *rolls eyes* She was so embarrassing. when the area manager came by she said to our site manager "jon, there's a darkie here to see you" i'm stunned she didn't get her arse handed to her then.

Will see if anything else is mentioned, im hoping to be gone before long end of april will be 5 years of working there, id rather not still be there by the summer and definately not by the time I get married

She hates people who go on dole as she always says why should she work to pay for others to do nothing so to wind her up after the cash office *****ing she did I told her I was gunna quit, move to brum and live on the dole for a while as I thought id earnt a rest after 5 years of **** lol she *****ed to management about that too haha

God I can't believe how many petty people are out there!!! I do remember now how you have said before it's pretty bad there. I really hope you manage to find something soon as if you feel anything like i do now its awful. I wish people would remember the phrase if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all!

The people I work with most are to set in their ways and i am the 6th person in this job in a year which says so much, obvs. didn't know that at the time, but they are a pair of racist, sexist, discriminative (sorry bad spelling!) idiots who don't believe in equality, treating their staff well or even providing a clean safe work place & they don't believe in staff benefits such as sick say 'because why should we pay someone to sit on their arse all day' being their exact words. Their main problem is i work the hours they set me. So stupid!

But to then have to come home to that grief, no wonder you feel like you do! I really hope you have a better day today x

I didn't really sleep last night, have been up since 4.30 tossing and turning so am pretty tired to start the day but i will stick to plan no matter what and hope you all have a good day

Well I have to see her all day today :/ but at least I know she wont be in tomorrow and I will be doing banking at some point today so I can get away from her for an hour or so

My place dish out sick pay like its nothing to certain people, another girl I work with is conveniently going out with one of the managers and is pregnant (they got pregnant within two weeks of starting going out), she hasnt been to work for more than 1 day a month since she got pregnant, never rings up to say she isnt coming in, just assumes she doesnt have to cos people know shes pregnant and now has been signed off for another 3 weeks cos she apparently hurt her back, her bf bumped up her contract more hours so instead of the extra hours being given to people to cover her when she doesnt turn up they are being paid to her for not working and they are doing it on purpose so that they get as much money out of it as possible, she has told work that she will be returning after her maternity leave but ive heard her and him talking about how she wont b unless they threaten to take her maternity pay back and then she will come back for the minimum amount needed to keep it and then leave! Some people really take the piss

Wow!!!!!!!

I think we should start our own company and make it a place where people are treated with respect and decency, i think it should be based in the Caribbean, what do you say? Anyone else want to join up lol

On a serious note, good luck for today. I am just about to set off myself to fingers crossed we both have a good one x

Back