20 somethings

Well, I lost a pound. A bit disappointed because my scales told me 3 yesterday but its another pound down. Went to sainsburys and bought loads of scummy fruit, got to go to mon win next week as fly on tues so I will aim for 2.5lb off this week. It will be the biggest loss I will have had since starting sw so it's a major challenge, but I so want me stone sticker before holiday! Any tips ladies? Xxxx

Well, I lost a pound. A bit disappointed because my scales told me 3 yesterday but its another pound down. Went to sainsburys and bought loads of scummy fruit, got to go to mon win next week as fly on tues so I will aim for 2.5lb off this week. It will be the biggest loss I will have had since starting sw so it's a major challenge, but I so want me stone sticker before holiday! Any tips ladies? Xxxx

My biggest tip miss would be fish!! Whenever I was having a slow time I would have what I call a fish week to give myself a boost, fish every night for tea, salmon was a favourite, tuna, cod, whatever you fancy! I'd always haw a big loss on fish week and I got my whole group doing it! Oh and well done on the loss!!! Don't be too tough on yourself, it's a loss! Xxxx

Ah Christie that's tempting! I don't envy u.

aww fran that's so nice I love it when that happens and it must really spur u on and keep u positive.
Well done Clare that's great, don't be disappointed I'm sure more will be off next week, u have done great remember.

ah jess I'd be screwed I hate fish! Really wish I liked it but really can't stand it. How are u feeling Hun? X

Ah Christie that's tempting! I don't envy u.

aww fran that's so nice I love it when that happens and it must really spur u on and keep u positive.
Well done Clare that's great, don't be disappointed I'm sure more will be off next week, u have done great remember.

ah jess I'd be screwed I hate fish! Really wish I liked it but really can't stand it. How are u feeling Hun? X

Ahh I love fish!! Had tuna pasta for tea tonight haha. I'm feeling alot better today, my wound is improving, still got the machine on for another few weeks but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now I'm improving! I'm seeing my surgeon tomorrow too so hopefully he's happy with my progress xxx

Dy-ing! :( pity party at my house, feel so poorly :( not been like this in a long time xx

Aww sammy :( is it the bug that makes you feel like you have a hangover to start with? that bad boy lasted AGES round here.

Jess that is fabulous news. So pleased for you. knowing there will be an end soon makes such a huge difference

I love fish but it leaves me so hungry still I end up eating even more. totally planning fish pie this week since someone else mentioned it today. nom.

Muzza, it was lovely. To be honest, these days someone says something most weeks. It is such a small place round here and they're all a bit blunt and clumsy with what they say so often you wish they hadn't have said anything at all. Lol.

Claire, my best tips are to keep it simple, plan your meals, and to not put so much pressure on yourself. It is easy to say I'm going to run 20 miles a day and join 5 classes at the gym and cut out bread, and cheese, and have 0 syns. and I've seen people at group do it... for a few weeks but it is so much pressure they can't maintain it and end up going the opposite way. Just building up the activity going through the awards one by one, and just keeping everything simple and to suit your lifestyle will make it so much more maintainable and lead to long term success. It's not as quick or as exciting, but it is effective.

Definitely planning, exercise, lots of water and lots of superfree. That's my plan for this week anyway lol I lost half a pound but scales have been threatning a gain all week so I'm happy with that.

Glad you're improving Jess :) Think I'm having tuna pasta tonight and one of my indulgences at the moment is salmon and eggs at the weekend!

Feel better soon Sammy x

Thanks ladies :) have planned the weeks meals, apart from Sunday lunch, not sure what to have and I'm on call this weekend so can't do a full SW roast :( thanks jess, I've included lots of fish in it as its my fave ATM :) and I have discovered a new craving for blackberries, sure this will help!

I'm not wanting to be crazy over the top with it for too long, just my mini target was to get a stone before I go on holiday and now I'm so close but yet so far! One week of crazies before holiday and then back to it to aim for club 10 or more before Cornwall holiday in July :) hehe, fran there's no way I'd be doing a 20 mile run or 5 gym classes if I had time, i would die!! Dog walking and hopefully some swimming is my limit at the moment!

Glad your feeling better jess, hopefully your in the mend now :)

Feel better soon sammy, there's a horrible bug going round ATM, I had it last week and I really hope you manage to shake it off soon :)

My weight does not seem to be shifting no matter what. Really upset

Aww don't be upset x Have you been keeping a food diary, that might help xx

Thanks fran, it did feel a bit like a hangover to start with actually, constantly nauseous and if I try to eat anything it gets worse. Sounds like a lot of people have had it. Im starting to feel a little better now, have had some more sleep (stayed off work today) so jopefully will be better soon and back to work tomorrow. Didnt want to have time off work as was off in march for the miscarriage and my manager can be funny about this stuff, but I cant help being ill, I was barely useful at all yesterday, the most concentrating I did was to try to stop myself throwing up every 5 minutes! It kept coming over me in waves just like my morning sickness with jack did but this was worse, stronger :( hoping it will completely stop soon. Its worse if I stabd up so ive just been in bed all day so far xx

Hi Girls,

Busy day at work all moved to the floor below and it's all go. Got my friend round fro dinner tonight so think I may make cannelloni not sure yet.

I'm back on it, but i'm at big reunion friday (so drinks) and at a friends sun for dinner and out on thurs for drinks so not sure i'm going to be able to manage even a maintain this week. I hope I will as I am 1.5 away from target and really wanna just get it done.

Jess, glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, and sammy get well soon x

Ooh Sammy feel better soon :(

I didn't want to sound preachy I just worry as I have seen it happen so many times.

Just a sneaky half lb this week. Given aunt flo came and caused havoc I feel ok. :) downwards ever downwards.

Thanks hunny, slept until 4 today (then bloody british gas woke me up grrr!) But feeling so much better already :) I still feel nauseous when I try to eat anything (had an alpen bar) but not so much otherwise and my pain seems to be going now so think I'll be back in work tomorrow. Just got started thinking about wedsing stuff and having a bit of a panic that ive only 3 and a half months left and not even got the invites made and sent yet! Got to get on it asap xx

Eep! My friend hasn't even told me the date yet.... I'm starting to think I'm uninvited! Lol. So I wouldn't fret too much, a lot of people are in the same boat. Glad you feel a bit better now.

Looking forward to Nate being asleep tonight. He has driven me mad today. Might be looking at carpets tomorrow and I have a call from housing people at half 3. Can't wait for everything to be settled. I've been getting stress lumps on my fingertips. I don't want to move and be unable to touch anything without being in pain!

Aww :( hope your fingers get better soon hunny so that you can enjoy the move xx

Dw too much sammy I havent sorted invites yet either and I cant really do them until I can confirm registry havent cancelled our booking lol

Mine and ohs 8 year anniversary on saturday, should be a nice day but also bit sad as we should have been getting married :/ just got to remember that the wedding we have now is better!

Hes good thanks, thats the other reason im now grateful we had to change the date, the last thing id want for him would have been his wedding then a funeral less than a week after which theres still no date for yet. We are praying its not on 21st, hes already told his cousins that he cant be there if they do it on 21st so hopefully they wont or it would be pretty selfish, although his cousins down south are the nice ones its the ones up north that are trouble so they should sort it

Back