20 somethings

Fran it's not that bad after a couple of days.

I thought I would put some pics up of me so far.

Before
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1371671473.317409.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1371671489.253084.jpg

Now. 3 stone 10 less
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1371671514.482943.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1371671523.586594.jpg

Hello lovely people, how are we all? been reading daily but not always had time to write.

Dannii well done on your loss and to all other losses.I'm with fran on that one camplestar, i would def need to eat more. Pics are looking great by the way.

I made petes peanut curry last night, was immense. I have some for tea tonight and for lunch tomorrow as well :) can't wait.

I also made sw syn free pancakes for breakfast was really nice with banana and strawberries and means i save my hex b as well. bonus :)

In a ridiculously good mood today..even wih the horrible weather haha x

Woop for the good mood. I'm pretty excited today as it is my 2nd shadowing session. What's put you in such a good mood? The weather is awful isn't it! It is just all mist and cold here.

What is Pete's peanut curry? I've not heard of it. I'm doing a stir fry with beef and trying to decide between szechwan, oyster, singapore or 5 spice to flavour it. Nate is really not keen on stir fry, so I will give him something different, same with raw tomato, he really doesn't like it so he gets extra cucumber now instead. So I can have my dinner as spicy as I like!

Feeling good back to 100% and filling out a paper food diary too. Looking forward to a renewed losing streak!

Welcome back properly fran, been so quiet without you, glad your enjoying your induction so far :)

Welcome bigbird x

I agree I would have to eat more, thats the problem haha!

Ive gotten so relaxed lately that most of my pre sw stone loss is back on :( definately sucking it up and start being extra strict from monday onwards! I know its not good to be too strict and restrict myself but I seriously cant be trusted having a little chocolate or a treat takeaway!

Hey Christie, thanks, things have just been a bit full on. Finding the balance is hard, every 6 months I seem to need a blow out, but then it is out of my system and I carry on happily. I sorted my chocolate into a tin with stuff 6 syns and under and a bag 7 syns + which I have to stand on a chair to reach. I had a curly wurly yesterday, which I haven't had in ages because I keep picking higher syn stuff, but I was happy with just that. I dunno if it will help you at all though. It is such a shame there isn't a group for you to go to. Despite the odd person here and there I would be lost without my group. It gives a good view into the future if I don't sort myself out now. I don't want to be in my late 70s and eating a jar of peanut butter with a spoon, or not eating for a whole day, or going up and down 3 stone every year because I haven't got to grips with weight and food. It sounds horrible, but it really isn't a future I want for myself.

Do you do a food diary? I like doing a paper one so if I bite it I write it! Drink it, ink it! Etc. Finding solutions for problems is good too. I hate throwing out food, but say Nate doesn't finish something that for me would be synful, I can put it in my compost bin, making compost for next year when I will hopefully growing some veggies! So it isn't a waste now, it is saving money on buying compost next year. Or I want something to eat but I'm not hungry, I have a drink, play a game with Nate, read a magazine, anything to absorb me for a while.

Shadowing today is just 3-5, normal hours are 4 hour slots across 4 days, so it isn't too intensive or too long away from my little monster.

http://***********************/Thread-Pete%E2%80%99s-Peanut-Curry this is the link it's immense!!

I'm not really sure why I am in such a good mood, my job is going well my team are smashing all their targets, plus i have my teaching course starting in sept which is exciting.

Glad you are feeling good fran, I'm trying to get back on it after a naughty weekend but getting there slowly. Got 2 weekends away in start of july so have two weeks to get myself back on track. Shadowing sounds great are you enjoying it?

Christie I am the same, i have worked out my vices are biscuits and i end up eating half the pack...i also eat in my sleep sometimes (haha) my brother does it as well it's weird but very annoying when you are trying to lose weight. Esp as you dont realise you are doing it so dont enjoy it.

Just realised link wont work on here just type in google, petes peanut butter curry is in kettlebell forum. Also petes recipe book is great for new foods as well.

Targets and course are great reasons to feel good. It is less shadowing and more practical handover. It is good, a really nice team but lots to take in. I asked gav (vicar) if there was a dress code and he said nope, I could come in jeans. I did make a joke about mini skirts and thigh high boots which he got excited about. Lol. and I met a few more people, which is good and I saw the bell fingers in action. So Christie I now know all the church admin for weddings :p

What's happening with your weekends? I have my brothers' 30th and a wee get together with my friends, I'm soon discovering church and synful food go hand in hand!

I try to do a paper diary and plan ahead but I keep forgetting, I really do need to kick myself up the backside, all I hear coming out of my mouth is excuses and they need to stop lol im definately quitting my job in sept and moving to brum so maybe I can find a group close enough there for the extra support, also I know living with my mum would help as she will keep me eating the right foods, but until then its my responsibility and I think I need to figure out the part thats not working and work on that!

Its my ohs passport interview tomorrow! Dreading it after all the knockbacks we have had its hard to think that this will be straightforward and so even though there is no valid reason for them to say no theres still alot of doubts

Good morning all,

Sorry Ive not posted all week- feel like I haven't stopped work wise.

Great loss camplestar! I lost 1lb this week, pleased as felt I may have overindulged at a family do last weekend. Been super good since though. Happy Friday :)

Well done on the losses guys.

Christie, I hope it all gets sorted out. I know I'd never be able to focus on plan on my own, even trying at all is progress :)

I got some stuff sorted at the job centre (who i need to call and a form to fill out) but I can't do it until the day I start work. I have totally splurged on new clothes though! A dress, 2 blazery jackets, a 'leather' jacket, 2 skirts, 2 tops and a pear of shoes.... Oh and a pair of jeans (the same as I already have but i only have 1 pair that fit and these were on sale for £6!)

We stopped for lunch and there wasn't anything suitable but I did my best and counted 10 syns. But, mum and dad both had cake and I didn't so Woop Woop to me. :)

Well today I have been on date number 2 with a lovely guy. He is practically everything I have ever wanted in a guy but for some reason I am not feeling a spark. He seems to be feeling it and is very keen. I think the problem is I fancy the pants off a guy at work but I know he is not interested. So after the whole afternoon contemplating what to do I think I'll give this new guy a chance. Love grows I suppose. Am I doing the right thing? He is really lovely, gentlemanly and great. He even said wow when I got out of the car today and told me how amazing I look. Advice and opinions very welcome.

On another note I have 3.6lb to lose to hit my 4 stone mark. Can I make it by Friday? I really really hope so. Would be great to say I have lost 4 stone. X

I would give it a chance hun, if you let him go you might regret it when its too late, this guy at work could just be a passing crush, just take things slow so neither of you get hurt if it doesnt work out x

I would say the same hun, I am the same as you if there is no spark I write it off straight away but you never know what will come from it. I would just make your feelings to him clear that you want to take things slow to work out how you feel, try again for a couple of weeks-month and then if you are not happy still then you know to put an end to it.

Good Luck x

Thanks guys. I feel dreadful because he is so lovely. It just makes me wonder if this is why I have been single for so long. Went on a few dates last year and felt the same but I left them short making up an excuse to leave early. I feel stupid about it.

Back