20 somethings

Where has everyone gone? Hope they're not gone off the rails!
Star, your job sounds fun...but when I worked in sales for the newspaper, I just plain sucked at it haha Good news about your car. At least you don't have to fork out for something silly to be fixed before you can retest it. We had to do that with our last car. It was the lamda sensor.
Where are you going on hols? I haven't had a holiday in about 6 years... maybe if I stopped buying dryers and dishwashers I could have a holiday haha
Fran, men never learn to listen, no matter how old they are. Your dad sounds like my OH. He does be so convinced he's right, that I do have to google things to prove to him that he's wrong lol
My two older kids' dad was a useless ornament as well. He hasn't even seen them in almost 5 years. Loser.

Haha Mandy you are so right about men!! If my job becomes permanent I am so tempted to move out of here...on my own! I have noticed that some people have gone missing but I guess it's easier to keep on track but they're all welcome back at any time and hopefully they're still doing well and are still losing.

Job wise it's not really what I would want to do but for 3 months it'll be nice to have some money coming in. I am going to Cornwall, they'll be there for 5 days but I am tempted to go down a day earlier and stay a day longer and turn it in to a week. I went away in June on the cheap with my OH to Yorkshire but I haven't spent any decent time with my Gran or my parents for ages so I know I will enjoy it and it's only going to cost me £140.

I am so torn as to what to do though with getting there, driving or train are both expensive and there is only £20 difference in cost. There are pros and cons to each and I just can't decide what to do, I don't really enjoy driving but the convinience of having a car to get around with once there and my boot so I can stock up on cider lol compared to the relaxing train journey where I can just sit back and enjoy the scenery (I love crossing the royal albert bridge!) but I also have to change trains once or twice with a full size suitcase so I just can't decide. It mostly comes down to can I be bothered to drive for between 5 and 6 hours on my own!!

Forgot to ask....do any of you use the miniminis app on your phone? Is it any good?? I have a samsung smart phone if that helps.

Personally, I would drive. Imagine this... it's spilling rain, and you're standing around in the freezing cold waiting on your train, and then when you get off for a connecting train, somewhere rural, you get drenched. Meanwhile your arms are killing you from dragging a suitcase behind you, and then you have to drag it up steps onto the train again, sitting beside some old man who keeps farting, or snorting.
Hahaa
Or picture this... you're sitting in your car. You're stuck in trafffic, but it's not so bad, cos you have the radio and the minimins app for company... I have the app, it's worth downloading!

I downloaded the app to upload those photos but i forget and use my net usually. If it were me I would drive. A buyer sounds so cool. "a buyer" very cool.

The quail enclosure is being finished today. Dad's been cutting the wood while I was cleaning inside with my little helper (nana is getting him a cleaning set for Christmas) then mum came in to help clean and decided she wanted to move all the furniture round. I'm hoping I have held her off until next weekend. Then while Nate is napping I am going outside to help build the enclosure as dad should have enough wood sawed by now.

I noticed it was quiet too, ch2b is on her holiday still I think.

Foodwise I have had fruit and yogurt for breakfast, mum's making these flatbread things (lord knows) co op pita bread (heb) with leeks and a hea of cheese, then goulash for tea. 0 syns so it might be rocky road hifi and quavers tonight.

I confess I looked at the scales, but as they've been moved again I can't work out what the real reading is. Urgh.

The sunshine is out today which is great. If it is sunny tomorrow (or this afternoon if the quails are housed) I might take him on an autumn walk for leaves etc. Anyone else got nice weekend plans? Ooh, i will hopefully finish the knitting tonight (i made a booboo the other day I had to fix last night) then it is just stitching things up (which i hate doing!)

That is exactly what I was thinking with the train as it really is a pain with a suitcase, my family are really worried about me driving that far on my own though which is part of what is confusing. I still have a few weeks to decide at least.

Fran you must have such an amazing garden, will you eat any of the quails or are they just for eggs? Sounds like you've a nice day planned and you started off well with your planning. I wish I lived somewhere more rural.

I had two hifi bars for breakfast but then had a Mcd's on way back from dropping something off for my brother. I really am going so far off track at the minute but I think that as long as I don't give up and keep going to group and coming on here I will get back there and not giving up is really important so whatever happens now is just a detour not me turning around..

Whoops. What has helped me is to have things just as not an option. Like when chocolate was detailing me, I removed it as an option and it got me back on track. It does have the opposite effect on other people I think. Yeah it is quite rural, which makes not having a car awful! Everything is 30 miles away too. I helped by hammering in the staples :) other stuff I can't reach to do. Just the door side to do now then they can go in their new little home :)

Ahh feeling rather annoyed with myself ladies as I am definitely going to have a gain tomorrow (a big one judging by my scales).
I ate snd drank so much on Thursday and fri! Back on it today but already dreading the fact I've arranged a night out with the girls next Saturday! Any of you feel like that? You spend the week freaking out about the fact you're going out? Or is it just me who has no willpower on nights out?
Haven't read through the rest of the thread yet as I'm on my phone but hope you're all doing well!

Hey Jenna, can't say I stress out about the weekend but I have had a couple of weeks of just eating and drinking anything I want so when I am back at group this week after 2 weeks off (one week I was ill and last week I had booked as holiday) I know I will have a gain but so far you have done really well to have lost the amount you have done and you're so close to target now that you can afford to have a bit of fun occasionally. But my willpower is none existant at the minute and it doesn't help I have someone suggesting it to me!

Whoops. What has helped me is to have things just as not an option. Like when chocolate was detailing me, I removed it as an option and it got me back on track. It does have the opposite effect on other people I think. Yeah it is quite rural, which makes not having a car awful! Everything is 30 miles away too. I helped by hammering in the staples :) other stuff I can't reach to do. Just the door side to do now then they can go in their new little home :)

Yep!!

Love this advice, I really am going to have to get tough with myself and just say no as I am doing myself no favours, if I truely make myself stick to plan 100% I know I will lose and if I see a loss I think that will be just what I need.

I can imagine having a car for you is essential really so it must be really tough, have you passed your test? I bet Nate loves the quails!!

I think in a way having stuff so far away is good for now though as if you get tempted you have to get someone to take you on quite a journey so it's easy to remove the ease of getting stuff x

I don't fret about nights out because I don't get them. We went out for lunch when my brother and his gf were down and I worried I would gain as I couldn't pick what we had, turned out to be a loss in the end! I worry when I stick to it... Even after all this time I don't believe I will lose, which I guess is part of the reason I check myself so often.

If you planned something to do the morning after the night out that might make you want to drink less?

Star, we have fudge shops, fish and chip shops and other seaside junk a couple of miles away, which is a walkable distance. Hospitals, big supermarkets, normal shops, non-loons and fast food are 30 miles.

Ok so I've had my weigh in 1.5lbs on which tbh is better tnan I had expected but still not great. Getting to target is so damn hard! Committing myself to be 100% from now until Saturday evening (as I know I'll not stick to it...fu peer pressure). I'm going to weigh in on Saturday this week as I need to see a loss on the scales! Then that gives me 8 days to work off the wine and not feel so bad...yes it may be cheating but as long as I'm losing I don't mind if I have to weigh a day earlier every once in a while!

Totally the same for me Jenna, if I would just do it rather than mostly/sometimes and I'd see results. I think being back at group will be the best thing for me so I have the fear of their scales and having to explain away my gain if I have one. I want to lose weight so much but I think my trouble is I want it now and even though in my mind I know it will take a long time for me to get to target I really want to see changes to my body. So far I look a little smaller but not that you'd notice if you weren't me and my boobs seem to have shrunk more that anywhere.

1.5lbs isn't too bad at all as a gain, it's small and you can lose that by next saturday. I totally agree for you to move you WI for next week as you need to enjoy your weekend and if it keeps you on track so good luck :)

Fudge shops would be a real temptation for me and chip shops are my fav take away, luckily for me the nearest decent chippy is a drive away so it stops me going :) How did the quail house come on? I would love to live near the coast.

For today I am planning a roast with lots of veggies, I am going to use my syns on gravy, a yorkshire pud and aunt bessies mid week mini roasts (50g are 3 syns) so I am trying to get back on track, I just have to be strick on myself.

Someone suggested I put an elastic band around my wrist and everytime I get tempted to stray I flick it until I change my mind set. I might try it as I need something.

I wouldn't do the elastic band thing... Gets you to start thinking of food negatively and punishing yourself, could lead to issues in the long term.

The quail house is built and they are in there. Mum clipped their wings while i held them. The dog was outside quivering wanting to get in. Which is funny because he is scared of the chickens. We are 1 egg short of three dozen so I light put the table selling them out today. It is sunny so hopefully we will get some passers by buying them.

Jen,people doing it at group can go on different days and it all balances out dor the month so i dont see it as cheating :)

I really love weekends! Had a sleep in this morning. Got up about a half hour ago and OH had a roast chicken omellette and a cuppa ready for me. No SF, but I'm not complaining.
It's really cold here today... the open fire's been going since 7.30am, but at least it's dry out. I just suddenly realised I've lost touch with my friends. I haven't gone out with them for so long they've stopped asking. I just don't see alcohol as an appropriate use of my syns. I do go out sometimes, but not very often. I'm going to have to reach out to them and think of different ways to spend time together. A friend of mine has just had a new baby, so I crocheted some little baby booties... step 1. Another friend of mine is getting married next month, and I offered to do the invitations in calligraphy... step 2. My baby girl's 3rd birthday next week, so I think I'll invite the girls and their kids for a couple of hours for some sweeties and cake. Hoping I can have some treats and still stay somewhat on track, but special occassions are my downfall.

Mandy, I completely agree with not seeing friends as much! This time last year I was in the pub EVERY weekend...I haven't been in yonks and whilst I've had the occasional night out it's not as frequent as prior to SW. I genuinely think we all become obsessed with it!

I'm completely motivated for this week :) So far today I've had shreddies, a banana and milk for breakfast (I wish this meal was free as it's my fave meal of the day) and I've just had a gorgeous chicken salad for lunch-chicken, sweetcorn, lettuce, peppers, onion and mushroom. Topped with 4 syns worth of mayo! Still 3 syns to use today if I wish...def going to try and stick to 7 a day!

Oh mandy that sounds like you have a good one there. It is great you are reaching back out to them, you could invite them round for a meal, I have a sw recipe for chocolate orange and cardamon mouse that is bloody lovely, tastes like a full fat very naughty pud. I think it is 4.5 syns. I made it the first time for a fancy meal for my mum's birthday. Cheesy herby souffles (free plus hea), duck breast in a juniper berry and Orange sauce, serves with potato rosti, and veg. Leaves enough syns for a glass of wine :)

Sounds like you are doing well today jenna. I have had a yogurt, a banana and grapes, then a few hours later ( about 11:15) I had smoked salmon and scrambled egg on a heb of toast. Having pork, potatoes, carrots, cabbage and cauliflower in about an hour or so. Done a bunch of jobs I needed to do while Nate is napping. He was a pain last night so I think he will sleep well now. Then we will go for a walk to buy some onions from the neighbour and a paper from the shop for nana :)

Mum said I looked like I had lost weight again this week so i have my fingers crossed for the 2lbs I need for my 4 stone award. I know your 1.5lb will be off soon as anything jenna. And you have done so wonderfully. I'd love to have a healthy bmi for the first time one day.

1lb loss would give me 55lb total, 2lb loss would give me my 4 stone award, 3lb loss would give me my first interim target. Go away fat....

Thanks for the motivating words ladies I have one more day of family celebrations to get out of the way today and I am 100% from tomorrow have been food shopping and brought healthy stuff so feeling good to go again! Was out last night so feeling a little bit tender today!

Sounds like a few of us are having motivation problems at the mo maybe there's something in the water but we can all do it and we will all be back to 100% in no time :)

Have a good Sunday all x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back