20 somethings

You will do it :) This time in 9 weeks will be boxing day and you’ll be celebrating being at target!!

Look how amazing and stunning you look in that swimming costume pic and they'll never know you're 'on a diet', like you said you've made good choices with starter and main and when it comes to pudding you could just say you're stuffed so can't fit it in or maybe only eat a little bit of it? They'll never know, it's always nerve wracking meeting new people but at least you know you'll look great so won't have to worry about that and your OH will be there to support you (get him to eat your pud whilst no one is looking lol!?)

Like you say Nando's is good for SW but rather than bottles could you just have one glass of wine or maybe spritzers to make it go further? You'll still use your syns but not as many and you'll have a great time, but honestly a STS is worth it for an amazing weekend and if you're at a concert you'll be up on your feet and dancing/singing along so think of all the body magic you'll be getting and you may be pleasantly surprised
Plus life happens still whilst you’re following SW but you sound like you’ve really got the hang of it so you know you can make good choices xx

Thank you, lovely, that's really good advice. I will just have a nibble on the chocolate brownie - OH will definitely help me out finishing it off :)

You're right about drinking less on Saturday too. I'll probably be so excited that a couple of glasses of wine will be more than enough! Can always have a sugar free Red Bull - they make me mega hyper! lol. And yes, lots of body magic will be happening.

What are you up to for your birthday and where are you off to on hols? xx

You'll have a great weekend :)

That concert will be great and the meal will be yummy too, I bet you'll come on here next week with a loss :)

I am going to Cornwall with my family, I love it down there but with how I've been feeling the last few days I don't think I should drive, I live just outside of the peak district in Derbyshire so it'll take a min of 6 hours to drive there and I'll be on my own so I think I'll get the train down as it'll be safer and it'll not cost much more than the diesel would have. My OH is away with work at the mo so I haven't seen him for a couple of weeks and he comes back on the day I go away and the next time I see him will actually be on my birthday so that's enough of a present for me.

I have a week off SW next week with being away and celebrating so I am still hoping to get 9.5 more lbs off by the end of the year, I have 8 WI's (inc this week) so that feels achievable.

Wow - that's quite a journey! The train definitely sounds like a good idea if you're not feeling 100%. You can curl up with some music and a good book and let the countryside fly by! Sure you'll have a lovely time down there. My OH's family are from Dorset and I absolutely love being down there - the pace of life just feels different. Even after a weekend there, I feel like I've had a holiday!

Seeing your OH for your birthday sounds like the perfect present! I'm sure you'll have an amazing day.

Your target by the end of the year sounds a bit like mine - I've got 10lbs and 9 WIs but I'm thinking realistically that 7lbs is do-able, because this weekend and various work things seem to be getting in the way! As long as I'm in the 9s by Christmas, I'll be a happy girl. Since being on SW I've averaged 1.1lbs a week, so hopefully I can maintain that until the end of the year.

Like we were saying, sometimes life just gets in the way and you have to be able to enjoy yourself, so whatever happens, happens!

xx

Yeah and it's a beautiful journey :) I love it there too for the same reasons, I love the more laid back vibe and it's just nice.

I have to admit I am more excited about christmas than my birthday though haha

It does sound like we have a similar target for the end of the year and I am sure we'll both get it but I am certain you'll be in the 9's by christmas and I hope to be joining you there the christmas after :)

Aww star I'm sorry you are so poorly, it it's good for us because we get you! Yay! If you aren't great train sounds like a better option. I've been in the car from Dorset to buxton and that wiped me out (and I wasn't even driving!)

MissC I envy you your social life! Sounds like you have made some good choices, like going to nandos and star's tips are great.

Well, I have been to weigh in, got my hifi bars and magazine and got my sauces book for buying the countdown last week so I am fully armed. And I lost 1.5lbs. Utterly undeserved which makes it really annoying and guilt inducing, but I guess it balances out the good weeks where I have gotten a cr*p loss. 4 stone 2lbs down.... I'm kicking myself up the bum and if I get a good week with a disappointing result at the scales i'll deserve it!

Red and green this week, the meal plan is a bit boring, their lunches suck, a lot of the stuff i cant get. Pret and Asda are 30 miles away! Never mind because I can just swap in something on plan and save the syns.

Missed the bus (1 an hour) so had to wait because I can't walk the easy way (it is now a swamp) and my chest is too bad to do the hard way and survive so Nate is just going down for a nap now. Will ring my Grandad and hope there is no bad news. Then lunch. Had 1/2 a banana 2/3 yogurt 2/3 pear, a satsuma and 8 wotsits so far today. Whoops.

Oh, consultant said she'd had a biopsy and she'll get the results in a few weeks, but she is fine. Someone got some lovely flowers for get from the group and we got a members little girl to give them to her. Nate's have eaten them. He was trying to steal fruit out of the sotw basket again! Savage.

Star so sorry you're feeling sick... I think I spent most of this year sick with one thing or another. I'm really hoping 2013 will be better. Just realised I have an appointment in the colcoscopy clinic tomorrow...fun.

So I started a new crochet project. A tunic style top in a deep blood red for myself. Had a quick glance at the pattern yesterday before rushing out the door to collect the kids from school and so I knew to buy a 8mm and a 10mm hook. Started it while in group yesterday waiting for IT to start. It was looking really pretty... the pattern was 1tr, ch1, skip, 1tr, ch1, skip...
Last night I got half way through the back piece, all the while thinking "this looks very big...".

Yeah, I was supposed to use a 4mm and a 3mm hook... UK size 8 and 10. D'oh! Rip, rip, rip.

Oh no! I have done that before! Did you see the projects I put up one it a dress that is knitting and crochet that I want to make for myself... It is lush but I've never done such a big project. Next job after my jumper (on the back atm) is a christmas jumper for Nate. Everyone keeps raving about the ones I knit for him.

Just think, at least you are practiced in the pattern so you won't have that first bit that is a bit wonky

Haha not so good for those who come in from work and have to try and catch up :)

I live really close to Buxton so it's going to have to be the train for me. I am more worried about passing this on to anyone so although I feel really bad being off work I need to get better more than I want to be at work.

The loss is great news, don't feel bad about it!!!! You losses are so good. I lost 4.5lbs last week and didn't deserve it but it gave me the kick I needed to make more effort this week as I don't want a gain at WI...I haven't really eaten since sunday so I have no idea what will happen, if I lose it'll not be a real loss, but even if I still feel like crap I will go to group tomorrow as long as my head has cleared up but may skip IT.

Hope the call to your grandad goes well, I will see my Gran next week and would hate her to catch this off me as she is almost 90 and it could finish her off so it has to be gone

Did you get the bakewell Hifi bars? Has anyone tried them? I like cherry bakewell but I know you can only have one of these but you can have 2 Alpen Light ones so I think my greed will win over that contest.

Thanks Mandy, and shame about your next project but I guess it's a pain but you can take it apart and start again? I enjoy knitting but I find reading patterns so confusing. Also good luck for tomorrow

Strange question for you all - do any of you have any strange rituals before WI? For example I won't have my tea before I go to group and I always wear the same thing to weigh in, I always try to have a lighter lunch so no jacket potato or pasta etc

Last edited:
It went fine. His brother is still here, they are expecting him to go next week. He can't recognise anyone has no appetite and is sleeping a lot.

Star, if you went to work you would give it to everyone else and then they'd need time off. It's like us not going to toddlers when poorly. Nate's chest sounds a bit rattley so might take him to the drs.

I bought the hifis but not tried them yet. Green day so i will have one tonight and report back. Group was PACKED today. Couldn't believe it. I wear the same stuff (so long as it fits and is clean) but I don't get a chance to eat/drink, too busy sorting nate out and getting there! Especially when I have chickens, quails, dog and 3 sets of fish to all be fed/watered before i leave too.

Mandy, good luck for tomorrow, it sound horrid :(

Glad it went well.

You are right but I feel bad, if I could work from home I would but that's not an option even though I could do what I do from here. I think if more people took time off when they were ill it'd help a lot more people out as there would be less going around to catch. You're right to take Nate to the Dr's if his chest isn't sounding too good. I think I will have to go to the Dr's myself as I have quite mild asthma and my chest sounds really bad and I am not sure I can kick this myself as I was already fighting with what I thought could have been a chest infection from a cold about 7 weeks ago.

Be good to know what you think of those Bars

Yeah it's a pain having to rip it all back, but you're right Fran I have a bit of practice at it! Sorry to hear about your Uncle not having long left, but I think it gets to a certain stage where it's the best thing for them. It'll probably hit your Grandad hard cos it seems as though they are close. When my Nan's sister died last year my Nan more or less died along with her. She's still here (thank God) but her spirit is gone.

Tomorrow shouldn't be too bad. It's just a smear, I think. I got all the nasty bits out of the way with the laser surgery 6 months ago. Just hoping this smear comes back normal and I don't have to have any more treatment.

I didn't see those projects.. will have to have a root through the thread and see!
I want to make a victorian style coat for Fia, but since the yarn isn't in yet, and I'm still a beginner I don't see it being ready for Xmas, which I wanted to make it for in cream and red.

Haven't tried the berry bars... not a real fan of berries, to be honest lol I did get a pack of rocky road and choc and caramel lights though as going to give bread a miss this week. Hoping for a good loss next week too. Had a bit of a celebration last night and went over my syns and woke up this morning with a really crampy stomach and a dose of the runs.. not nice. Won't be doing that again. I think it was the cheese that done it as I don't eat cheese that often anymore. Had taco cheese chips for a celebratory dinner you see.

I don't really have any rituals before WI. I don't really eat all that much in the hours before hand, but I've given up the old routine of not eating at all. I try to wear the same type of clothes though. Summer it's leggings and a light top, winter it's track bottoms and a light top lol

Extra good luck then, I hate smears. Yick.

It is sad about pat because he is quite young :( catholic family, so mum's aunt is the same age as mum. Haha. The family is coming from Canada to see him too (one of the siblings is 80). I worry because of what happened with Grandad's friend tommy (he killed himself in august and Grandad found him). He was happy to hear from me though, asked about weightloss and was raving about how good looking Nate is (mum sent him some pictures before she left). Pat's been ripped apart by this disease. He wanted to die before he was a burden so I'm sure he is hoping it'll end soon :( hopefully his death will help others in the future. That's nice and depressing!

Ooh mandy, cream looks so lovely, never stays clean though. :/

And talking of the runs, I got it when I over did the sugar badly one time. It'll pass soon enough (no pun intended!)

Smears are never nice but they aren't too bad, I've had a few over the years and from what you've said it'll be ok esp compared to what you've had before. I had issues with constant bleeding about 5 years ago and it wasn't very nice, I had to have some pretty unpleasent things done and hope not to have to go through that again so I hope you get the all clear.

With my IBS I have the joy of the runs every couple of days and it's not nice but you soon learn which foods to avoid haha

It's good you've got time to practice and you can get the yarn for Fia's coat when it's available and let her have it for the following christmas, she will grow so much between now and then anyway so you can make it a bit bigger I guess?

I love the Rocky Road ones!! What were you celebrating?

It's a shame about your Grandad's brother Fran so hope you're ok x

I was just celebrating having some measure of normalcy back... no bleeding, scales moving down. It feels good to not be constantly worrying about what's wrong with me.

Meant to say earlier, that I'd started a group on FB called Crochet Corner. It has a little flower as it's badge, if anyone here would like to join. You can be a knitter too! lol

Hey ladies, on my phone so can't read through everything (well I can but I'm too lazy) managed to read a few posts before the laptop died (can't find the bloody lead)

Hope everyone's doing well! The school I was in did let me go early woop which meant I was in and out of the gym by 3pm! I think I maybe overreached on the leg weights a bit as my thighs are killing (I'm walking like John Wayne)

Not going to do the gym tomorrow, will either swim (the idea of having to get in to a bathing suit is not appealing...mainly cause the idea of shaving my legs is beyond me right now) or else go for a run. I ran for 1k today without stopping and did various other little jogs in between times.

I know 1k isn't much but I couldn't have done it 3 weeks ago! My legs are sooo sore hope they're better by tomorrow!

Back