20 somethings

Well I had weigh in today and lost 2.5lbs! So pleased with that result :) 18lbs lost in a total of 6 weeks, really pleased :D

I now weigh dead on 200lbs and hopefully next week I will say goodye to the 200's FOREVER!!! I forced myself to eat all my extra A's and B's this week to make sure I get an average loss of 2lbs a week so i'm doing well and with the amount of weight I've lost so far i'm kind of 3 weeks ahead for reaching my target weight (as it is at the moment) so still on track to get there for Christmas I think! xx

Thanks Miss Corset! I put some photos together yesterday, one from the morning I had my son 14 and a half weeks ago, and one from Saturday, and the difference is amazing, i'm so pleased! Here, have a look! xx

what a difference 14.jpg

Hey ladies :) Im 23 and about to start Slimming World for the first time next Monday, cant wait as alot of people seem to be getting good results and with a lot of weight to lose thats what i need. Im not going to a club im doing it at home so need this site for support and need to stay strong lol. My inspiration for getting it right this time is for my wedding in May 2013, im so excited and i know my hubby 2 be loves me the way i am but i want to feel comfortable and not be conscious about the way i look and i finally want to look and feel healthy for myself. I will be weighing on saturday for the first time in 4 months :/ not even sure if i still weigh 18 or more or less so bit nervous! You all look like your making amazing progress so keep it up :)

Hey chick, welcome to the forum :) Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding! What a brilliant motivation!

Good luck for your first WI xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks hun x :)

Thanks hun! still a way to go but feeling good with my progress!

Welcome CH2B! I'm getting married next year too, in August, determined to wear a size 12 dress! It's great motivation so I'm sure you'll do great! xx

It is great motivation but i havent even been dress shopping yet as i want to slim a little first as not many shops stock dresses in my size but obviously my time is running out will probably have to start looking in october at the latest to leave enough time to get a dress done so hopefully lose a bit by then, im also doing the 30 day shred as i started it a few months ago and only did about 12 days but i had dropped a dress size in the first 9 days and lost 7 inches so im sure that will help me into a smaller size dress too lol

Wow 7 inches? That's amazing! Just think how many you could lose if you did the full 30 days! xx

I know! I think it helps that i have a lot to lose and my body was probably in shock doing such vigourous excercise all of a sudden lol i think im going to do 30 days properly 10 days of each workout then take a week or two off and do treadmill to let my body and muscles rest then start another 30 days but alternate between the 3 workouts instead of ten days of each, so probably wont see much weight loss as i may gain muscle instead which is why i take measurements aswell so i dont get too discouraged because i can see it working elsewhere lol

Hello ladies! I started slimming world on Monday and up to now I've found it pretty easy!! I'm 24 and its my 25th birthday on New Years day which I'd like to look good for! I've had a really rough year, I had a two month trip to India booked but had to cancel the month before leaving to care for my Nanna who I lived with. She got leukemia and I became her carer. Tragically she died 8 weeks after diagnosis whilst I was sat with her one night. I've also split with my boyfriend of 4 years, his choice not mine. I'm determined to turn my life around and would like to chat to others a similar age!

Hi Serena

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your first loss of 4 lbs. Sorry to hear what a tough time you have had recently. I also have just recently split from my boyfriend of 3 and a bit years so know how you must be feeling with that on top of your Nanna.

I am using the split as a chance to really concentrate on making myself happy and starting on the journey to get healthy and feel confident in myself.

We are all here to support you and I wish you luck. Just holler if you ever need anything :) xxx

dream2bhealthy said:
Hi Serena

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your first loss of 4 lbs. Sorry to hear what a tough time you have had recently. I also have just recently split from my boyfriend of 3 and a bit years so know how you must be feeling with that on top of your Nanna.

I am using the split as a chance to really concentrate on making myself happy and starting on the journey to get healthy and feel confident in myself.

We are all here to support you and I wish you luck. Just holler if you ever need anything :) xxx

Thanks hun that's lovely! You have the right idea, that's what I'm going to do! Xxx

@ CH2B - amazing Shred results! I tried it and loved it but it stopped my losses on the scales (I did lose inches though) but I wanted to get closer to target to keep myself motivated! Definitely going to go back to it though. It's fab!

@ Serena - gorgeous profile pic, missy!

xx

Im not too worried about it slowing down the number on the scales as im doing it mostly to lose a few dress sizes to be comfortable for my wedding so aslong as i see a difference in one way or another :)

Miss_Corset said:
@ CH2B - amazing Shred results! I tried it and loved it but it stopped my losses on the scales (I did lose inches though) but I wanted to get closer to target to keep myself motivated! Definitely going to go back to it though. It's fab!

@ Serena - gorgeous profile pic, missy!

xx

Thanks same goes xxx

Those who advised me on trainers for running, how do these look?

Womens Reebok Running Trainers White or Black all sizes | eBay

or what are 'Everlast' trainers like? Any good?

Everlast Run Lds 20 - SportsDirect.com

Hi Hun

Both look fine to me but the best thing to do is try them on in any store if you can and decide from there as for what you plan to do (@sammyb - thanks for letting me know what C25k is) you have to make sure they're the right ones and are comfortable for you.

Haven't heard of Everlast but am sure they're ok for exercising in. As there isn't much difference in price if you have no way of trying them then it might be better to go for the branded ones?

Sorry I can't be more specific but the best thing really is to try them on.

I have always hated exercise when it feels like I am being forced to work out but I know to lose weight I need to do it so I've gone from very little to going to the gym/swim at least 4 times a week in the last three months and now it doesnt feel like a chore, don't get me wrong I still wouldn't put it up there with my fav things to do, but I can see the difference in my body shape even if not so much on the scales.

Good luck with the challenge and let me know how you get on x

Also want to say hello to the new members of the forum, you'll get some really god support on here and I have a good few stone to lose so I'll be here for the long run so it'll be nice getting to know you all, good luck with your weight loss journeys x

With the amount I have to lose I will be here for a very long time lol 7 stone to start with then wouldnt mind another 2 maybe depending how I look and feel after I reach 11 :)

Back