20 somethings

Wagamama is supposed to have some good options. Or is there a Nando's near you? If you have the chicken breast without sauce, corn on the cob and spicy rice it's less than 4 syns I think...

Hi Claree and welcome. Wow you did amazing in your first week!! Good luck for tonight, the main thing I can say is one meal won't ruin all the effort for this week so if you have to get something high syn you'll be able to make up for it in time for your next WI x

StarGir1 said:
Hi Claree and welcome. Wow you did amazing in your first week!! Good luck for tonight, the main thing I can say is one meal won't ruin all the effort for this week so if you have to get something high syn you'll be able to make up for it in time for your next WI x

Thanks star girl, that's why I'm quite glad it's Wednesday and not next Monday or something. Decided to go for a wagamamas so I'll get something nice but keep the syns low :)

Claree well done! Thats great

Star I wish I could but she is vietnemese and while she has any of her kids there she likes to cook them all the nice chinese and vietnemese dishes that they dont get any other time so will have to just try not eat as much, maybe try and fill up on some of the healthier stuff at least while she is in work I can eat healthy fruit and hea and heb's then save all my syns for whatever she makes lol

Her spring rolls are the best though so will be hard to resist too many lol

Wow girls, some great losses this week! Welcome Claree :)

I lost 2 1/2 lbs this week, so got my 2st award tonight, and shared SOW :D

Bought a dress without trying on last weekend, have been wearing my old 18s even though they've been too big, so picked up a 16. Ended up taking it back yesterday and swapping it for a 14!! How exciting :D

hello all. i am now much better, still having to go to the loo about an hour after every meal but it is better! haha. (i'm a classy girl)

Jo, of course you are still welcome here. can't wait to hear about your super losses

Sammy. WOW. you are doing so incredibly well. I am chuffed to bits for you.

Claree, welcome and well done. Don't fret too much about a meal out. it seems every time i have a terribly synful time my body goes into shock and drops more weight! ok, so it isn't scientifically accurate, but it has happened each time!

Ch2b, I'll go there and eat her food if you want, it sounds delicious! I agree with just trying to minimise any damage. my family is italian, they will call you fat then feed you a 10 course meal and be offended if you turn down cake afterwards... you cannot win

Stargirl, sorry to hear about your financial situation. I hope something good comes your way soon and if not that you will be able to follow the plan at home. if you gain we can tell you off :p

Bubble wrap! Yay you! I LOVE LOVE LOVE having to get smaller sizes in things. you must have felt amazing! and good on you on treating yourself to some clothes that fit :p

@claree - that's why I love having a Thursday WI, if I slip up over the weekend I have a good few days to get back on track lol

@Ch2b - that's a shame but you'll have a good time and when you get home you can get back on plan, like you said trying to eat well between meals will help. I think it's a Mum thing that when family visit they have to go all out to impress rather than cook like they would everyday

@ bubble - congratulations on the loss this week, you seem to be doing really well and this plan clearly suits you, the way you're going you'll be at target by xmas!!

@fran - glad to hear you're feeling better, even if you've not quite recovered....although being ill sucks it might give you an even better loss on the scales this week if there is to be a positive from this, also thanks, am ok generally but will keep on looking and applying for anything that I can do and hope for the best as no income for the first time since I was 13 and did my first ever job has been odd, though I am thankful this happened when I didn't have any responsibilites such as children etc so that has made it easier. I think the support on here is better than at group if I decide to stop going!

Bubblewrap said:

Bought a dress without trying on last weekend, have been wearing my old 18s even though they've been too big, so picked up a 16. Ended up taking it back yesterday and swapping it for a 14!! How exciting :D

That's awesome - I love smaller clothes!!

sammyb1985 said:
Nice to see you again Jo! :)

I lost 4.5lbs this week! Can't believe it! So i've lost 1 stone 10.5lbs in 9 weeks (24.5lbs)! Got my stone and a half award and my club 10 awards! So pleased! Have lost 3 stone 3.5lbs in the 17 and a half weeks since I had Jack! :D

Think the massive trek around Manchester helped with that result, so may try some more walking this week. I cant do the c25k or 30DS as Dr thinks I have gallstones :cry: so got to take it easy. On a positive note I went shopping for a wedding outfit on saturday and it was the first ever shopping trip I haven't felt like crying and actually enjoyed! The only problem is that I found too much stuff that I liked and fit me (tried on 9 dresses!) and ended up buying TWO dresses in a size 16!!! This losing weight malarkey may be good for my confidence, but it's not good for my bank balance lol! xx

Thanks sammy it's nice to be back :) I missed u all :)

Well done on anothe fabulous loss you are doing so brilliantly, u must have a massive smile on your fce :)

Hope little man is ok too x

108kirsty said:
Hi everyone! Congrats on the losses and everyone who didn't manage a loss this week keep going this is the time when you really need to claw your motivation back. I restarted when I came back from holiday as I gained all the weight I had lost in the previous 2 weeks when I was away so I tried really hard and lost 6.5lbs!!! Yay! It was my birthday yesterday though so I did go out and had wine and pudding and I am going out tonight with friends but the rest of my week I am gonna be extra good and stick to plan. My aim is to get a loss this week no matter how small! I am going home to the UK for a holiday in 5 weeks and I am determined to have lost the weight I have gained since being in Oz. Goodluck for the week coming. x

Happy belated birthday hope it was a good one hun :) well done on your massive loss too thats fab x

Claree__x said:
Hi guys, 22 y/o checking in! Can I join you lovelies?

Been doing SW 1 week and 1 day now, lost 6lb at WI last night, yay!

Welcome :) well done on your losses fabulous :) hope your having a good week x

Claree__x said:
Thank you!

Having a major dilemma tonight though! I'm going to the football straight from work so will need to grab dinner in the hour between.

I'm considering wagamamas as the thread in eating out says a ramen is only 6pts? Urgh it's so difficult!

Hope footy went well? Who do u support or do u mean u play? I'm also a footy fan and night matches are a nightmare food wise! X

Bubblewrap said:

Well done on your loss and fab news about the dress bet your smile is a mile wide :) x

Franalamadingdong said:
hello all. i am now much better, still having to go to the loo about an hour after every meal but it is better! haha. (i'm a classy girl)

Jo, of course you are still welcome here. can't wait to hear about your super losses :p

Thank you I am glad you all don't mind missed you all while I was gone :) hope your feeling a bit better again :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm a Celtic girl jo :)
We qualified for the champions league last night so I'm a happy bunny this morning!
I went to wagamamas and had a chicken ramen but I only eat about half, it wasn't all that great. Counted it as 6 syns as per the wagamamas thread on here.

Unfortunately I'm going for my monthly Italian with my best friend tonight so fingers crossed I can be sensible and avoid all the bad stuff!

Like someone said before one night out enjoying yourself wont ruin all your hard work, my first week I went to a beer festival and had a kebab on way home and lost 6lb that week, so enjoy your meal and dont fret too much about whats good and bad x

CH2b said:
Like someone said before one night out enjoying yourself wont ruin all your hard work, my first week I went to a beer festival and had a kebab on way home and lost 6lb that week, so enjoy your meal and dont fret too much about whats good and bad x

You're probably right! Italian isn't all too high in syns anyway so I'll get something I enjoy and just count it all up and maybe have a few less syns tomorrow :)

I've given in to my vice this morning though 'cause I'm so tired - can of coke!

Diet coke and coke zero are both free if you like those? You can then have as much as you like

But enjoy your night out, once a month isn't enough to make a big impact long term...I know for me if I went to an italian I would want pizza as I'd feel a bit dissapointed if I had tomato pasta etc to try to fit in with plan so I'd just have pizza and keep on track with all my other meals and have less syns for the rest of the week,I might not have as good a loss but I am in this for the long run so want to make this work for me and I don't want to feel deprived or I know I won't stick with it

Unfortunately full fat coke is my nemesis. I try to pretend the diet stuff is just a good, but I'm lying to myself - sometimes it just has to be the full fat!

I'm choosing between spicy tomato pasta with sausage or breadcrumbed chicken with salad. I wonder if they'd take the sausage out if I asked...

Hi KH21 have you still been slimming while you have been away? On mobile so cant see any statistics.
How are you getting on if you have been?

Hi KH21 - of course you're welcome back, don't worry about the slow losses, a good week for me is 1lb and even if you're getting 1/2 it's still better off than on. I have WI tonight too but the bank holiday has thrown me out and it still feels like wednesday!!

This week I have purposfully hidden my scales at home so they're a pain to get out so I have no idea how I have done so as always I am very nervous about tonight. I would love to get 1.5lbs off to move to the 14's but at the same time any loss or a STS keep me happy as I just don't want a gain. Plus I can get the new magazine in group today so look forward to having a read of that. I don't know about the rest of you but I really like reading the sucess stories and seeing the before and after photos, it also has a free mini recipe book (I think) which I hope has some nice meals ideas.

Claree - Have to agree with KH21 re sausage - just enjoy yourself :)

Good idea with the scales.... weighing yourself at home can be bad if you go to a group because it can cause you to get really downhearted if your scales don't show the same result as the ones at group.

And I agree... a half pound loss is still a loss, so it's still going in the right direction :)

I also love to get the magazines. I love looking for new recipes as I love to cook and all of the stories can be really motivating :)

Back