20 somethings

I'm addicted to the scales, I keep telling myself I'll throw them out but I never do!

Would you recommend the magazines then? I seen it at group on Tuesday but I didn't buy it. My mum used to but the WW mags and they were always a bit crap.

I would, personally. I find the magazine really helpful and inspiring. But it all depends on whether you would of course. Maybe the next time you are at group, spend a few moments having a look through the mag... if you find it useful, buy it :) I always get the new mag when it's out. And it's much cheaper if you buy it at group than out of the shops.

It's like all mags there are some good bits and some not so good bits but I enjoy it, it's under £2 in group so if you get it once and don't enjoy it you haven't really lost anything? I like the stories, healthy extra updates and recipes but it's enjoyable and I keep making my OH read the 'male' weight loss story each issue in the hope to convince him to join me lol!! It hasn't worked yet but he is starting to come round to it a bit as he sees what I am eating and as I won't make two meals he is getting the same and he enjoys it so you never know I may get some support from him yet

I have to say it's a battle to not get the scales out as I just want to know but I am sticking with the cold turkey approach and will find out in three hours time how I've done. Wish is was 7 now as I want to know....

The magazine is £1.95 at group so 80p cheaper than the shops. This magazine is really good, if for the recipe book if nothing else. It's a 'Takeaway' booklet with 25 recipes in it - Indian, Chip-shop classics, Chinese & Thai, Burgers Kebabs & Pizzas. Worth every penny this issue, for sure!

It's like all mags there are some good bits and some not so good bits but I enjoy it, it's under £2 in group so if you get it once and don't enjoy it you haven't really lost anything? I like the stories, healthy extra updates and recipes but it's enjoyable and I keep making my OH read the 'male' weight loss story each issue in the hope to convince him to join me lol!! It hasn't worked yet but he is starting to come round to it a bit as he sees what I am eating and as I won't make two meals he is getting the same and he enjoys it so you never know I may get some support from him yet

I have to say it's a battle to not get the scales out as I just want to know but I am sticking with the cold turkey approach and will find out in three hours time how I've done. Wish is was 7 now as I want to know....

You're doing so well with scales cold turkey! I keep trying but I just can't resist - every morning before my shower like clockwork. I even annoy myself! x

The magazine is £1.95 at group so 80p cheaper than the shops. This magazine is really good, if for the recipe book if nothing else. It's a 'Takeaway' booklet with 25 recipes in it - Indian, Chip-shop classics, Chinese & Thai, Burgers Kebabs & Pizzas. Worth every penny this issue, for sure!

Nice! That will be a few more things to try then :)

My weigh in is an hour from now. Getting a little nervous, lol. Hopefully I get a good result tonight! :)

It's worth a read and if the book is take aways then it'll hopefully give me some good ideas as that my downfall!!

good luck kh21

Not using the scales is hard but only one hour to go :)

Claree__x said:
I'm a Celtic girl jo :)
We qualified for the champions league last night so I'm a happy bunny this morning!
I went to wagamamas and had a chicken ramen but I only eat about half, it wasn't all that great. Counted it as 6 syns as per the wagamamas thread on here.

Unfortunately I'm going for my monthly Italian with my best friend tonight so fingers crossed I can be sensible and avoid all the bad stuff!

Well done bet you are excited just saw your group draw, barca will be an amazing game. U gunna go to any away games? I'm a Birmingham city fan and we were in the Europa league last year was amazing managed to go to Brugge away was single handedly one of the best experiences of my life! X

KH21 said:
Hi everyone! Can I re-join this group? Been away from the forums for a while :(

Claree___x, I'm sure they would remove the sausage if you asked :) But, enjoy yourself. Even if you do go over your syns, you should be fine if you watch how many syns you have the rest of the week :)

Of course your welcome I've just re-emerged after a few weeks away too! X

StarGir1 said:
This week I have purposfully hidden my scales at home so they're a pain to get out so I have no idea how I have done so as always I am very nervous about tonight. I would love to get 1.5lbs off to move to the 14's but at the same time any loss or a STS keep me happy as I just don't want a gain. Plus I can get the new magazine in group today so look forward to having a read of that. I don't know about the rest of you but I really like reading the sucess stories and seeing the before and after photos, it also has a free mini recipe book (I think) which I hope has some nice meals ideas.

Claree - Have to agree with KH21 re sausage - just enjoy yourself :)

Well done on going cold turkey with the scales I'm also a serial weighed and never manage to not weigh myself at least once in the week and usually it's most days!

Im also a lover of the magazine I particularly liked the sw one is nice to have new recipes every month.

KH21 said:
Nice! That will be a few more things to try then :)

My weigh in is an hour from now. Getting a little nervous, lol. Hopefully I get a good result tonight! :)

Good luck for wi :) :) :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck to those who weigh in tonight :) x

Back from Group.....lost 2lbs!! Have had a good month this month loss wise so hope that carries on.

Miss_Corset you should email SW and ask them and I am sure they will send it to you for free.

yay well done hun you are doing great this month :)

dreading monday now lol maybe i need to eat more speed foods for a few days lol

yay well done hun you are doing great this month :)

dreading monday now lol maybe i need to eat more speed foods for a few days lol

Thank you, I feel like I have finally turned things around, I still struggle every day but it's worth it!! I have now made the 14 stones which still doesn't feel real plus my body is changing, for example I have already dropped a back size on my bra as I can easily fit in to some of my old bras and also a size 14 top (fluke as am not a 14 sadly more like 16 top) both of which haven't fitted me for 2 years. I will be doing my first measure on Saturday and looking forward to it

Don't worry too much, you will lose something I am sure. Speed foods are great or scan bran maybe?

@KH21 - congratulations on 2lbs and first award :)

Next week should be good for me as OH is not around for the week so I can cook food that suits me and the plan and not stuff I think he will like so that will also lower my syns as I am so close to my first stone award...

Well done on the loses girls!

Jo, I've already done barca and benfica in previous years and Russia is a nightmare to get into so I'm hoping to go to the last 16 game instead ;) see my confidence haha?

Had a great dinner tonight with my friend - really needed a right good chat!

One last post from me today, first apologies if you are not meant to post links as I don't know if I can or not, but I thought this was worth sharing with you:

Being put in a 'fat seat' at Disney World was my wake-up call: Size 20 slimmer loses seven stone after humiliating trip to Florida theme park | Mail Online

The Daily Mail website has this kind of story all the time but this one, well you'll see for yourselves, but the change in her is amazing! She should get the national young slimmer of the year award it's that good, better than any I have ever seen and you would never know she had ever been over weight

well done KH21 great loss x

star i hope so, the scales hadnt moved on wednesday but that was only after 2 days i couldnt help myself lol will try and hold off on weighing until monday like a good girl instead of doing it on friday aswell like i always do lol

does anyone have access to the syn calculator to see how many syns is in the glenview farm sausages at lidl if i get the nutritional info?

thanks for posting star makes me think back to when i went on holiday with some mates a couple of years ago and after attempting to go on one ride and realising i was almost too big (very embarassing when everyone is watching the man try to push the bar down on the fat girl :( ) i lost all my confidence to go on anything else and really put a downer on the rest of the holiday and stopped hanging out with my friends as much afterwards as i couldnt look them in the eye for ages without thinking back to that moment and worrying that they were talking about me behind my back :/

Back