20 somethings

Hey, it is Monday! New week, new start. I'm having 2 red days, one unknown, and another red day planned. Bye fat! Been VERY good today. Very much hoping to pull back/minimise potential gain this week.

Jumper is going really well too. Worryingly going to have to start shaping it soon for arm and neck holes. It'd be fine but I am not just following a pattern. Eep.

i'm having a bad day, over emotional, my seizures are awful, I had to miss work, and i want cake... good job we don't have any in the house or i would have demolished it by now.

sat crying coz our wedding photos have arrived and i'm gutted, we asked for black frames and there wood not black, we asked for a4 prints for my mum and grandma coz they don't have alot of space to hang things and they are a4 but have come in a3 frames, the wedding albums are still awaiting the prints apparently a problem with the originals, and aren't ablums at all they are wooden box ones, which would be fine if thats what we asked for but its not they are ok looking, i just really wanted an actual album i had a wooden box thing with my ex husband and it just reminded me of that. i doubt my parents are going to like the box either, can't afford to replace it so not much choice other than to give it them when we actually get the pictures for them. the usb stick is missing, apparently was in the bags but we can't find it anywhere.

worst thing is it was a friend of my husband that did them so i can't say anything and would feel rude changing all the frames, not that we can afford to anyway :(

sorry for the long rant just needed to get it out not sure the husband would understand if i told him.

Oh hun I was reading it thinking "just call and get them to give you what you asked for" until you said it was your husband's friend. You could try explaining it to him and asking him to call and sort it out. Offer him to blame you so he can save face if he wants. Have a look on eBay for black frames, or paint the wooden ones black? You can find alsorts on eBay though (currently having a obsessive wave) so maybe you could find an album cheaply.

Really sorry to hear about your seizures. My brothers are epileptic and stress can trigger them too. Nothing much I can say about that other than it sucks really. And be thankful there is no cake in else you will add feeling guilty and sick on the list. How about popping on a dcs to distract you?

thanks fran, being distacted trying to figure out what i'm cooking for tomorrows taster was going to make mince pies then realised i have no rlling pin or cookie cutters, the frames are paintable and i might make an album up in addition to the boxes after christmas i know i will be ok in a few days just as i say over emotional probs pmt due on in 5 days and my seizures make everything seem worse, they are non epileptic so purely stress induced usually, but i'm shattered from baby sitting all weekend so thats most likly the cause.

Ah, yep, tired + stressed is never a good combo.

We had our taster but I just had to weigh and leave as my son was too poorly so I missed out on that one. Also good tip I discovered this morning, if your child has the runs don't give them kiwi. Eww... It looked like little bugs until I realised what it was!

Been really good today too and the scales have gone from looking like +3.5 to +0/+1. Letting my son wake up properly before I give him lunch (he smacked at 11, milk and sleep at half 11) , then off for a walk to post some letters etc for a bit of body magic, then making chicken pizza for tea, a heb jacket potato for me and sw chips for everyone else, and a big salad. So focussed.

i'm now more stressed made pastry went in fridge and discovered the teenager who lives with us has eaten nearly a full bag of cheese for his breakfast which was tomorrow nights tea, god knows what we are now having tomorrow because we had meals planned out down to the last penny of this weeks money. not having a good day.

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough day sweetdll. I hope you manage to get the wedding album sorted.

Also hope your son starts to feel better Fran.

I'm back on it with a vengeance today, had an awful weekend (which was all my own fault). Was having pre drinks at a friends before we went out and hadn't eaten dinner before hand so ended up so drunk (to the point where I don't remember leaving her house) and in bed by 11pm. So I woke up yesterday feeling extremely $hit about my behaviour and then as I was feeling sick I needed lots of comfort food. Finishing the day off with a chicken burger and chips smothered in garlic mayo and tomato sauce and a dairy milk. Woops!

Went to the gym this morning and although I feel better for it I don't feel like I'm achieving anything as I don't know what I'm doing and what machines I should be using. Do any of you have any advice? I've also decided that I need to lay off the alcohol in general so hopefully I can stick to it at Halloween remembering how wick I felt yesterday and will actually mange it which should help my progress.

Last edited:
The one bit of gym advice I remember is that the weights machines burn lots of calories and that if you do them near the beginning of your workout, your muscles continue to burn calories whilst you're using the other equipment, so do them straight after your warm-up. Also, interval training is great for you, so if you're jogging, switch to running for 1 minute, then go back to jogging for 1 minute, then repeat, etc.

I'm far from being a gym bunny, but this might help a little :) x

I've been very, very bad.

Went to WI on Tuesday, and despite having a wonderful week, and watching portion sizes and everything, I STS. Devestated, I didn't even stay to group, instead making up an excuse to leave. On the way home, fighting tears, feeling like crap, I decided that if I wasn't going to see the scales move with all my hard work, I'd see them move by being bad. So I got home and ate, and ate, and ate. I continued eating right up until last night, when I ordered a 15" pizza and managed to eat most of it, resulting in my being too sick to even sleep!
So I'm back on plan today, and after weighing myself this morning it looks like the scales have indeed moved... about 4lb up. I really did eat and eat. I had baguettes, breaded chicken, lots of cheese, sweets and chocolate galore, birthday cake, chinese, pizza, you name it.
Got a call from my doctor on Thursday evening about the results of all those tests. Nothing wrong with my thyroid, nothing wrong with my vitamin levels, or my liver/kidneys. I do have some form of bacterial infection "down there", which hopefully will be sorted out with the antibiotics I'm on. No bleeds the past two days, which is good news, but I think my body is gone into shock with all the food I've been forcing into it.
I was so stuck on self-destruct mode that I refused to even come on here for a look. I wouldn't look at the SW page on FB nor even think about what I was eating. But it's over now, it's done. Hopefully, with two days to WI left, I can get some healthy food into me, drop all the retained water from the naughty food and scrape back a lb or two, leaving me with a 2lb gain. We shall see. Either way, I'm done. I'm back. I'm moving forward. I have to be aware of triggers like that, although in fairness, I had been telling myself for 4 weeks or more that I'd "see it next week" on the scales. And it all just got too much when I never did.

Anyway... moving on.

Good to see you back Mandy, we had a lot of gains and STS on here last week so we're all going through similar but the most important thing is you're back now and you got the indulgence out the way.

You have done so well so far so you know this works, you'll get the gain off before you know if and you'll get your next award soon xx

How are you finding WW Jo? I hope it's fitting in with yourlife style better that SW was.

I've often read with exercise it's better to do short sharp burst rather than a longer time at an easier pace if that helps at all Jenna.

sweetdll - I can understand why you were so upset as they're really important pictures so I hope you feel better for having got it off your chest. Could you ask for new frames for christmas? You should try to get another USB from the guy who did your pics as that is your memories and you want to be able to keep them

hey all i have since been back to bed and feel better now oh says will will look at painting the frames or getting new ones, and that we can get an album printed with the images in as well as having the box, which he quiet likes.

Glad things seem more positive now sweetdl.

Jenna sorry to hear about your crappy weekend. A break from drinking sounds good, but I last had a drink in June so i can't talk! I think a lot of people have had crappy times (hence it being so quiet here).

Red day. 100% it, including a wee walk when the rain stopped. I really don't want yet another crappy weigh in.

Just been to weigh in and I lost 4lbs this week!! :) So I got my 2 and a half stone award and slimmer of the week! That means i've lost 4 stone 2 lbs since Jack was born 24 and a half weeks ago, I can't believe it! xx

sammyb1985 said:
Just been to weigh in and I lost 4lbs this week!! :) So I got my 2 and a half stone award and slimmer of the week! That means i've lost 4 stone 2 lbs since Jack was born 24 and a half weeks ago, I can't believe it! xx

Well done lovely, that's fab!x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks ladies, i'm so pleased! I was gutted with my STS last week but then when star week showed up again I knew the reason for it. I did a green week this week but had a third of my plate super free too. It's been hard to stick to with my mum in hospital, last tuesday was the hardest and i really wanted to go off plan, but i found the willpower from somewhere and managed a 100% day so i was really proud of myself. I just need to keep it up, I WILL be nearly at target by the time I go back to work! I'm averaging out at about half a stone a month now so i'm wanting at least another stone by christmas and that will leave me 1 stone 5lbs to target which i will hopefully at least be nearly at or just half a stone or so off target by the end of january and my birthday :) xx

Oh that is so wonderful Sammy :) you are doing amazingly well. My weightloss has slowed down SO much. Partly me being greedy/a knob to be honest. I hope you hit your targets.

I have 10 weigh ins to lose 9lbs hoping 2 weeks of complete control no one swapping meals around on me I will be doing the new planner which is red and green so hopefully I will kick my own arse and have 2 great weeks.

You can do it Fran! You know what you're wanting so go get it! I told my consultant I was going to get 3.5lbs off this week and managed 4! Shaking up the plans really helps as I find if I stick to one plan for more than 3 weeks that my losses really dip, so it's good to keep shaking it up and keeping the body guessing :) xx

Can I join you lovely ladies please? I'm 23 with at least 2 stone to lose! That's my goal for now anyway.. Had my first weigh in tonight and lost 3lbs! :)

Back