20 somethings

xMandyDx said:
So it looks like the bleeding was a definite contribution to the scales not shifting. I also broke into the 13s. Barely (at 13st 13.5lb) but I'm OUT of the 14s at last! I'm so so happy right now.

Well done!!!! :D

Well done sweets! That's fab! I dont see why not. You might need to speak with your consultant, I think you get more healthy extras when pregnant, not sure at what point though. You can ask her to keep it under her hat though until you are ready for people to know. I wish I knew you could do sw when I was pregnant. My midwife just said to get a low GI book, there are a lot in charity shops and 2nd hand book shops..... Not very helpful. She was good in other respects. Very excited because she was pregnant too.

Ladies, I need a serious talking to. I just can't stop eating. Was lying in bed there and thought ooh I feel slightly hungry (I'm not even sure I honestly know what hunger feels like) and because I had a HE left over I went and made toast with it. There was no need, it was literally eating for eatings sake yet I have the cheek to complain when the scales don't move the right way ahhhhhh!

Great job on the 5lbs Mandy! I bet you jumped for joy when you saw the scales! :)

Sweetdl - in my pregnancy and brestfeeding with slimming world book it says you need to get a pregnancy form from your consultant for your midwife to fill out at each appointment. It says whilst you're pregnant they recommend you follow the extra easy plan to ensure you get a varied diet and supply you with all the nutrients you need during pregnancy. They recommend two A choices and 2 B choices each day. Your consultant should give you a leaflet called "Your guide to eating well through pregnancy and breastfeeding" so that you can refer to it as and when you need to :) xx

yep got all the stuff from the sw consultant today i need to have 2 hexa's and b's which will be fun i can't stand the sight of milk and too much cheese gives me headache but will do what i can, reckon midwife will be fine but will speak to her about it tomorrow. everyone at my group knows i decided i would rather they knew then there wont be questions if i gain ect.

Aww glad she's given you all the info hunny :) xx

Well day 2 of the 30 day shred done and dusted! my body has been aching today and the first 5 minutes of the work out was pure torture! but i managed to stick with it and so glad i did! I will be a size 12 for the new year! xx

Hey ladies, I'm going to jump in here if you don't mind!!

I'm Nat, aged 24.. Living with my OH here in lovely Ireland. We've been together for the last 4.5 years, it'll be 5 in january!

I've tried SW before and given up but this time, I'm stayin on for the long journey!

I only began to gain weight after I started college and food became an emotional thing. I was never big in school however, with a
large chest it's hard to hid the curves! Hoping to regain my inner me and become a healthier, happier person for 2013.

Fran it is beyond frustrating. I know what to do, and how to do it...I've done it for bloody months and yet here I am shoving stuff in to my mouth because it's there. AGHHH! We need a good shake!

Hey Nat, I'm from God's own country too (well the North), where abouts are you from? Good luck with your journey, I'm sure you'll have the weight off in no time and we'll all be here to support you.
What plan do you plan on following?

Welcome in Nat! I'm from Ireland too, Kildare to be exact, and will also be with my OH 5 years in Feb haha.

Jenna! Step away from the food! If you don't want it, you sure as hell don't need it. Food in one hand and wishes in the other, which one weighs more? Get back on it right now.

Was that a stern enough talking to? Or do you want to be given out to more? haha

Hi everyone, just back from WI, lost 1.5lbs and got my 1.5 stone award!! It's taken me 9 weeks xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

camz said:
Hi everyone, just back from WI, lost 1.5lbs and got my 1.5 stone award!! It's taken me 9 weeks xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow that's amazing! Well done. Hopefully I can do the same in the 9 (ish?) weeks until Xmas :)

Fab! Well done!

Hi nat. My Grandad is from Dublin, had an ex there too, it is a lovely place.

Jenna I know what you mean.... I keep justifying stuff to myself "well its pretty much the same calories as a banana...." And in the trap it goes. I think the gain tomorrow will give me what for (expecting a lb or 1.5lbs). It is bloody stupid and bloody annoying but there it is in my gobhole! Blaming my hormones but I am just being stupid and greedy. How about... Um... Pro qnd con list to see why we are sabotaging ourselves and to refocus. I am going to go into town from group, pick up some bits, go home, put Nate down for a nap and read the magazine to get myself refocused...

No more silliness from either of us now!

Congratulations camz and Mandy!

I'm having one of those days when I'm just peckish all the time. I've just had a big helping of dinner and I don't really need anything else, but I am craving something sweet - particularly having just watched Mary Berry make treacle tart! It's actually a Mullerlight Greek Coconut that's calling me (it would've been a lot naughtier pre-SW!) because I haven't been able to get hold of them before and everyone seems to rave about them. I will leave them hiding in the fridge. I'm not hungry, I'm just wanting to eat for eating's sake.

Weigh-in tomorrow... Just need to focus on that...

Hey guys! Thanks for being so welcoming.. I'm from Donegal, which is great cos I go across to NI all the time for my bargains etc..

I'm planning on following the EE plan as much as possible. I did try green days before but all the pasta and rice bugged me! LOL

I lost quite quickly the last time on SW so I'm hoping I can repeat my losses and this time keep to the plan as it's a change of lifestyle for me..

Plan to go shopping tomorrow cos I'm off work early..

The soup idea would have been good but I don't really have anything in to make it with and because I keep having hot and cold sweats cooking is a bad idea at the minute for me, I just had a couple of fat free yogurts as I'm not really hungry, I didn't go down the juicing route as I know in the long run it'll not do me any good but I feel bad not having had any superfree esp when I know I have a week off next week as I am away. I honestly can't see me getting in to work tomorrow which is bad as I'm only 6 weeks in but it's too bad as my health comes first over a temp job

Congratulations on the losses and awards ladies :) Mandy I am sure that makes a difference to your losses (sorry TMI alert!) I have really really heavy periods and I easily lose 2lbs the week after so all the issues you have had will be having an unfortunate impact.

And welcome Nat to our very friendly very chatty 20 somethings :)

I feel left out with the ireland chat so I'll throw in I used to work with someone who was irish to join in haha :p

lol star i have no link to irish either really, except distant relatives.

Im such a divvy i keep thinking there is 12lb to a stone even though i know its 14 and so i lost 4lb last week not 2lb lol didnt even notice my mistake until i came on to update my stats and it showed 4lb loss lol

Well done on the 5lb loss Mandy thats great, glad that everything is looking up for you now you dont have the worry of the bleeding, im sure alot of stress is gone too which will also help with the weight loss

Keep it up on the shred sammy, im starting mine tuesday next week as i didnt see the point in only doing it for 2 days this week before i go away for nearly a week so hopefully i can keep going for the whole 30 days and it really does make a difference as last time i lost more than 7 inches in 9 days!

Im taking the plunge and applying for a transfer from worcester to newcastle! scary and dont know if they will want me but i know they have a job going so will just have to try, if i dont do it now then the opportunity might not come again for a long time, even if it is with the same company i can always look for other jobs when i get there.

Heartbroken at the football. Playing the best team in the world and beat with a last minute goal. Heartbroken!

Ps. I had rice & curry sauce. Sorry about that.

Back