20 somethings

[GOOGLE-VIDEO][/GOOGLE-VIDEO]Ooh jenna, get out of that door lazy :p but seriously, dial back the intensity a little bit, you don't want to strain something and put yourself backwards.

Ooh, mandy good luck for today and tell your OH off. You could make him join in the kids' punishment!

Welcome care bear, god you have done amazing!

Laura (see I remembered!) Serial weighing is a *****! But I will have my fingers crossed on Tuesday.

Star, you are so lucky, I have a mid sized Tesco 20 minutes bus ride away, but the bus stop is 17 mins away and there is only 1 an hour. With a little one it is just not worth it. All the other deliveries have been fab so I have gone back to Thursday afternoon slot. I will get a picture. I just gave him a chocolate biscuit for helping me do all the animals and clean morning... A picture will come soon. I laughed when I saw his face. Just having a cup of tea now then he is having a nap and i will do some laundry (exploding poo this morning - joy)

Had a very good food day so far today. Woo hoo :)

Hey Care Bear, welcome to the 20's :) Good luck with your weightloss!

Right, Fran and Star you shall be pleased to know I'm going to finish watching my show, have lunch and head out for a walk. Will definitely be keeping it as a walk :) I clearly fell back to sleep after I posted last haha!

Thank you!! well done with your weight loss so far!

I dont blame you not wanting to get out of bed - its freeezing today! brrrrrr!

Haha, lucky you! I'm feeling the cleaning this morning, which is a good job, I think my floors breed dirt. Really don't fancy mopping but I will let myself off after cleaning dog vomit and toddler poo I think I have deserved a reward (which is not mopping)

Made a Bacon, mushroom and mozerella (hea1) omlette this morning, it was more like a mini frittata. With a heb of toast and cooked cherry tomatoes. Mmm. So yummy. Used a few syns for butter on the toast. Totally worth it, felt like such a treat. Getting a bit peckish now though. So putting away washing then doing more laundry then lunch! Feeling oh so virtuous right now.

Thanks Care Bear, not really, I average 1lb a week but it's coming off so I am happy with it taking a longer time. If I tried to wear fishnets I would look the same haha I stick with some nice thick black one (thank you cold weather!!) I did meansure myself when I first started but I haven't done since but I seem to be losing all over but my biggest difference is my boobs, they've really shrunk and I love it!

I will be not far from Padstow, just love it there luckily I am not a pasty fan but I will be having some fish and chips in rick steins chippy as they're so nice but so not good for SW :)

WI should be tonight for me but have been poorly the last couple of days so not sure if I will go or not, I think I will lose if I go but have to be sure I am safe to drive as I am not walking there in the dark when there was a story of a girl getting raped on the same street about 6 weeks ago. x x

Good for you jenna, just don't push yourself as rest is as important as exercise and giving your body chance to heal so a gentle walk is a very good idea.

Fran your breakfast sounds amazing!! I am still not quite back on solids but that will be something I make when I can eat again

Hey welcome in Carebear!

I can't tell OH off cos he's leaving tonight for a stag weekend in Liverpool. So that leaves me with three hyper brats all weekend...the joys!

With all the rushing around this morning I missed breakfast but just had a lovely bowl of Tesco Irish Stew (syn free and loads of carrots), and am just about to go shower. Really not looking forward to this hospital appointment. I just hate having my bits out there for all and sundry to gape at.

Hope it goes ok Mandy, I know nothing can be said to make it easier but it's everso quick and they'll be looking at loads through the day and when you get the all clear it'll have been worth it xx

Oh best of luck mandy. Just think of it as a means to an end. It'll help get you through. You could pretend it's painful and see if you can score some gas and air. Hehe. Do not envy the 3 hyper brats as you called them. When my nieces come I can't get ANYTHING done. Loving the stew. My mother is the stew master. Mmm, with lee and perins and white pepper.

Star, I've had it on a red day. I had some left over mozerella from yesterday, the magazine said cheese and mushroom omelette I just altered it a little bit. It says ham and egg salad but I am not having MORE eggs, and I bought some sliced roast beef so might have that in there instead. I dunno why I want to follow these planners because I always alter them. It was so good. I like them cooked through so it got put under the grill hence it becoming more frittata like.

Where you live sounds scary! There is no crime here, just craziness. Definitely only go if you are up to it. You could ring your consultant to say you are unwell so she can mark it as holiday to avoid backpay.

You guys, I live in the land of pasty, fudge, fish and chips, and ice cream... Oh and cream teas! It sucks. Bloody food!

Thanks for the good luck wishes girls.. just waiting on my brother now to pick me up!

Haha, lucky you! I'm feeling the cleaning this morning, which is a good job, I think my floors breed dirt. Really don't fancy mopping but I will let myself off after cleaning dog vomit and toddler poo I think I have deserved a reward (which is not mopping)

Made a Bacon, mushroom and mozerella (hea1) omlette this morning, it was more like a mini frittata. With a heb of toast and cooked cherry tomatoes. Mmm. So yummy. Used a few syns for butter on the toast. Totally worth it, felt like such a treat. Getting a bit peckish now though. So putting away washing then doing more laundry then lunch! Feeling oh so virtuous right now.

Your breakfast sounds AMAZING!!!!!

It was. I never bother with cereal it just doesn't fill me up. Fruit and yogurt is fine though. So strange. Usually red days are my excuse for a full English but this was fab.

Mandy, how nice is your brother taking you?! Fingers crossed they don't get all the students in too! Although that can lead to hilarity. I won't explain though, it really is tmi

Most of my days are green days but I went with red today as the OH mum is cooking for us tonight and she always goes with chicken (i think thahts the only thing she thinks I can eat....bless her) but i may have to have another red day tommorow just so that I can try out your breakkie omlette!!!!

I have a dilemma - the OH has just turned up at work on his lunch break bless him and has bought me a lovely costa, however - I have NO idea how many syns are in it!!! Its a small skinnt flat white - does anyone know what syns are of if i can use it as a HEA??

I dont go back to group until next week and its not in my book (theyre super out of date!) and I dont have access online yet! :(

I may have to just drink it and hope its not too damaging (dont want it going cold!!!!)

Thanks in advance peeps! xx

Ps: and Star, that 1lb is not to be sniffed at - thats really awesome! Some people really struggle but it just shows that youre really sticking to it! so less of the "not really's" amd more of the "yes, i am freaking amazing!!" xx

PPS: thank you all for your welcomes, you seem a lovely bunch! :)

Lots of lovely stuff to catch up on!

Mandy - I hope all went well. I had a recurring cyst in a rather intimate place on and off for 4 years and I can guarantee that more medical staff have seen everything than I have had boyfriends! Not a lot of fun, but worth it in the long run. Touch wood I haven't had a recurrence since the last surgery in April '11 - I don't want to have to put it all on show for anyone else!

Star - I have Choc Fudge, Double Choc, Apple & Sultana and Summer Fruits at home - what a selection! There's a girl called Georgi on here who crumbles them up and sprinkles them over yoghurt or makes sundaes with them - such a good idea! I'm thinking of freezing a toffee Mullerlight and sprinkling a Choc Fudge Alpen Light over it for some SW indulgence!

Laura - Fingers crossed for the 11s!! I finally got into them this week and it feels fab! Maybe it's just because 11 is such a skinny number itself..! Here's hoping the SW scales bring good news!

I love my group. They're all a bit mental and we have a good giggle every week. I used to go to a small, quiet group so I was surprised group took so long at my new place, but I definitely feel more involved and loved and part of things than I ever did before. The women that do the check in etc have been saying they need to find me a little job with them each week so we can have a proper natter. There are lots of target members who've lost 3-7 stone and it's really encouraging!

I know what you mean about being weighed publicly keeping you going. I've done a few online diets and I don't last more than a couple of weeks. Halfway through my 12 week countdown this week and planning to buy another one to go over Christmas so I don't wimp out because of an inevitable gain!

Costa skimmed milk late small (why do they not just call it small - fricking primo) takeaway is 4.5 syns. I imagine you can use it as a hea, they are usually 6 syns so just keep an eye on the rest of your milk intake.

The alpen bars I have access to are more expensive than hifi bars. Just got my delivery. Super nice Tesco man. Had a couple of swaps which were fine, got my fishy for tonight, one swap was for wholemeal rolls (couldn't find any small enough online anyway) I forgot just how much bread I used to eat, so these now seem huge! I have scales and a knife so it is all good. Thrilled i got a couple of bottles of Kraft light French dressing for £1 Woop.

I meant to say - Gala-gate really made me giggle! I can just imagine these two shop workers realising they didn't have enough galas and wondering what to do. I wonder who came up with that idea! I don't know if you watch Trollied but it's the sort of thing I can imagine happening on there. And then imagining your reaction when you realised what they'd done... I don't know why that's tickled me so much!

Hope it all goes well, Mandy :)
Bless your OH Care Bear! Nice that he's so thoughtful...even if he doesn't have encyclopedic knowledge of syns haha!

Back from my walk. Decided to do one short sprint during it and then a short jog...I felt lazy just walking? I love walks round the shore (Blackhead...beside Whitehead in County Antrim..google it) it's gorgeous there and where I grew up <3 Lots of time to clear my head and I actually realised when I was walking that I actually want to be fit. I don't just want to be slim, hopefully I can remember that the next time I'm in the gym and want to cry lol! Think once I get in to it a bit more I might sign up for next years race for life, it's an excellent cause and people's sponsorship would surely help motivate me.

Had leftover carbonara for lunch along with an apple and am having chilli for dinner as I've had about 6 little batches staring at me from the freezer for the past month! Just to decide whether to have it with veg or rice, it'll probably end up being veg as I get some sort of guilty thing if I eat pasta and rice in one day (I'm officially insane)

Haha, you are, I feel guilty if I have something twice in a day. Which is pretty silly, but as Emily brought up gala-gate I think I remain the most mental :p

Sounds like the walk/run/jog did you well. I ran up the drive a couple of times... Does that count for anything ahaha, the drive is about 100+m... Usain bolt needn't worry yet but I felt less huge than when I ran 2 stone ago, a lot fitter too. Still not prepared to have weeks of water weight from picking up running again just yet. And I am not running round our uphill garden! when I have hit my 2nd interim Target I will start... 3 stone 3lbs away! Urgh. The couch to 5k thing is good though jenna, might be worth a go. It'll pace you too so you aren't so ouchy!

Jenna - you're not alone in the pasta/rice twice in one day thing! I get carb guilt too!

I know what you mean about wanting to be fit. That really kickstarted things for me. Work started running Spinning classes, which would ordinarily terrify me but because everyone was starting at beginner level I thought I'd give them a go. I've been doing two classes a week since mid-August and I absolutely love them. The first few classes I felt like I was dying - to the point I'm being assessed for asthma - but it's got so much better and I really notice the improvement. I sort of did things the opposite way round to usual - normally I diet, and then exercise when the weight loss slows. This time I was doing Spinning for a month before I rejoined SW and I think it's made a big difference.

I still haven't read the magazine which is so bad as I really enjoy it when I do.

Honestly where I live isn't scary, it was just something not very nice much too close to where group is for my liking so the sensible thing is to be safe. I still haven't decided think I will go and just weigh in as I don't have it in me to wait around for ages so feel an at home weigh in this week.

Lyrically, I am the same with Alpen, I have loads as I bulk buy them when they're on special offer and they are good for sprinkling esp the apple and sultana and cherry bakewell ones as they never seem to sitck together any way!!

Jenna - I googled, if I found the right place (blackhead = Lighthouse on the edge of a clif? May have looked in the wrong place) if so, stunning and what a beautiful place to grow up by the coast :) So good to see what a change to your life you have made

Am with you on the pasta and rice on the same day thing, it feel almost wrong somehow....still I have done it in the past when I've had a mug shot etc for lunch

Back