20 somethings

Hi everyone, mind if I dip in?

My name is Jade and I am 22 years old. Really glad I found this topic as its nice to speak to people of a similar age etc. How is everyone this evening? I am just settling down to Saturday night TV (Strictly and Xfactor!) and trying to ignore texts from my friends inviting me out for drinks. Determined to loose 2lbs this week!

Kingsbottom said:
Hi everyone, mind if I dip in?

My name is Jade and I am 22 years old. Really glad I found this topic as its nice to speak to people of a similar age etc. How is everyone this evening? I am just settling down to Saturday night TV (Strictly and Xfactor!) and trying to ignore texts from my friends inviting me out for drinks. Determined to loose 2lbs this week!

Welcome jade! This is deffo the chatterbox thread! Go you on the willpower of not giving in to drinks! I'm settled on the sofa too watching take me out and then xfactor! What an exciting life we lead :p x

Aww thanks steph :) I have Indeedie. I have plenty to shed so no time to be too silly. I'm also too mean to pay for something I'm not using.

I'm ok with multipacks if the things are individually wrapped and I select one and put the others away, else it is carnage! Ha you and cheesecake. Oh mum said if I need skin extraction post weightloss and cry at the drs and get it she'll have Nate while i recover. What a relief. Now I have to power through and grt this weight off.

Fart soup is living up to its name. Pooeeyy. Had a serial weigh and it settled at 15st13.2. Very excited but I think it was just my scales being random. Fingers crossed it's not!

Also been asked what I want for Christmas. The reply "i thought we were having turkey" was not the correct one. Food obsessed much? But no idea what to ask for! Any idea anyone?

Hi jade! I have strictly on right now. Can't be doing with poo factor this series

Sounds fab fran! Always an amazing feeling goings to that next stone bracket!! Don't be so negative! It's all your hard work missy!
Fab news about your mum aswell, I have OH and step mum to help me when I have mine, did you know once they've cut you from hip to hip and removed the skin and tightened the muscles they sit you up while you're asleep to sew you back up!!!! So that it's so tight you have to walk bent over for weeks!!! Sorry if anyone is squeamish :/ x

Oh and forgot to answer the Christmas question! I don't know, it's a hard one, is there nothing you really want? I always ask for clothes or tattoo hours booked with my tattoo artist haha!! X

Ha, how strange! I was hunched over post c-section... I got loads of tears from doing too much after a midwife told me to get my own baby. Honest some of the midwives were awful. My longing to be normal outweighs my fear and hatred of hospitals.

Hmm, clothes I tend to buy myself as and when. Hmm, she bought the perfume I wanted and gave it to me already. I don't need any more make up or hair stuff. I might end up asking for crochet hooks and yarn or something. I know she's getting Nate a cleaning set. Bless him I took a photo of him yesterday trying to sweep up.

Welcome steph and jade x

Going shopping to find some nice heels tomorrow to go with my dress for my sisters wedding, should be fun, have to make sure I can walk in them as I dont do so well with heels normally lol

Mm I love fig rolls too jess I could easily go through a pack of 10 or so in one go before sw

Ooo Christie good luck shoe shopping! Hope you find a nice pair! You'll have to post a piccie! All this talk of fig rolls is making me want some lol. And fran you do get some horrible midwives, I was lucky and had nice both times, had a c section with Bonnie, went for a sweep 3 days after my due date and my bloody midwife said oh I thought it was her head locked in all this time but it's actually her bum! So I had to go straight to hospital and the little tinker by the time I got to the hospital was side to side right across my tummy and they were worried she was going to get herself all tangled in the cord on the way out and was too risky to try and turn her so they sent me to bed in labour and when I got to 10cm they did the section! X

Not as excited as ud think, but then I havent had anything to do with any of the planning, she wont even show me her dress until the day, I always thought she would ask me to be her maid of honour since im her only sister n all but she decided not to have one, which im fine with as at this weight id hate it lol but still nice to be thought of sometimes

I saw some lush ones today but had to be serious about the heel as they were just too big lol

Welcome Steph and Jade :) x

Fig rolls mmmmmm I can't have them in as would want to eat them all, they're my favorite biscuit by far and all this cheese cake talk is making me think of cheesecake and want some, I love cheesecake but have to remind myself I will love being a heatlthy weight more than the few minutes of enjoyment from that piece of yummy cake.

My tea turned out really nice in the end so I didn't need to worry, I love my slow cooker :) I am a strictly girl, haven't watched xfactor for a few years but I watched it today for the coke christmas advert but got them all Boots, Debenhams, John Lewis (love this one) etc Brilliant

For christmas how about some money towards a countdown? I think some yarn or crochet hooks would be great for you though or maybe a subscription to a knitting magazine? Or 'baby sitting vouchers' you can 'cash in' at anytime and your parents will have Nate so you can have some you time, this won't cost them anything if they're on a budget :) I have now started to be asked about christmas presents and same as every year I say nothing and tell my family to save their money, I love christmas and everything to do with it but I don't really like getting presents and they always buy me stuff I really don't want and they have very little money so I wish they'd listen!

Talking of christmas is anyone else having an advent calender? I am and I am also having an advent candle :)

You'll soon be the star of your own show and you'll look fab :) Jess is right, we will need pictures!

Ah, I went overdue, my body wouldn't react properly to the drip, turned out my waters had eeked out over time without my plug having gone. Anyway because I was induced they'd only let me labour for so long. Good job really. My placenta stable apparently. It was riddled with strepaloccocus A and coliform. It is a miracle Nate was ok really as the Dr said it cous have been there for a week. Thankfully he got all the oxygen but no nutrients so he was on a wee diet before he cane out with loose skin. I fattened him up nicely though. Then i got very ill because they wouldn't treat me for the infection still festering in my womb. Some midwives were amazing. One even told the Dr off because she could see how ill I was but still untreated at that point. Others refused me pain relief. then more grim things happened. But we got home eventually. They said if I stayed I was going to get a superbug which is worrying. My count was meant to have dropped from over 300 to under 100 but at 150 I could go. I almost ran out of there. Hence adding to my fear and hatred of those places

Your bonnie sounds like a troublemaker from before she was born!

Ooh about shoes: thick heels are back in fashion. Ap big plus on finding easier ones to walk in.

Welcome to our new additions!

My family is quite lax about Christmas but the OH and his mum are already desperate for ideas! Normally I'd ask his mum for baking stuff but I don't really want to encourage myself to have baked goods in the house! There's no stopping me.

Just had a quiet day on the sofa because the weather was rubbish and we've almost filled up the Sky box with us both working late. I've only just watched the Halloween Strictly! I might try and find a walk somewhere tomorrow to get us moving!

I did wonder about asking for a countdown. I have 8 weeks left on mine but it seems a bit sw obsessy. They're not so much on a budget but I don't get big things anymore. Last year I got pjs and a bottle of Apple sourz (i love it but have yet to open it as it is more of a party woo hoo drink and I dont party woo hoo. Babysitting wouldn't go down well that's for sure! Haha. I don't mind my wee sidekick.

Ooh Emily how healthy. I'm scrubbing the bathroom top to bottom tomorrow so that might add up my activity points!

I love baking too but haven't done any since starting SW as if it's not there I can't eat it :) Halloween strictly was enjoyable. There is a spoiler thread I came across a couple of weeks ago online where you can find out the results so I look that up on sunday morning so I can give the results show a miss but I don't know what to do with myself now on a sunday evening with Downton ending.

I also love apple sourz and use it in cocktails but as I have never been a big drinker it lasts me ages (as in years) to get through a bottle of anything so not having a drink has been so easy for me. I only like cold drinks but hate milk so I also have found normal drinks really easy on SW too. I don't really get big presents anymore but for my xmas day is more about the turkey dinner :)

Same here about the dinner! Hence my reaction being "i thought we were having turkey" ha.

Xmas eve: fish pie followed by sticky toffee pudding (you've tasted nothing like my mums!
Xmas day: breakfast is smoked salmon and scrambled eggs woth bucks fizz. Typical Xmas dinner. Later on picking and nibbles
Boxing day: homecooked ham, left over turkey, a range of cheeses, pickles, salads (including Russian salad)
28: my birthday! I've chosen toad in the hole. Mmm.

I'm not a big drinker either. I haven't for years really. Unsociable work hours and then a mum and I will not drink alone.

I can't eat crap loads of chocolate anymore without thinking of the syns which sucks but I'm very much looking forward to all the food!

I have been asked about christmas too, asked for the not going out box set and money for maternity clothes. I'm in charge of christmas dinner and we are having turkey and all the trimming, although i always cook to much and that is relying on the morning sickness having gone as i currently can't stand meat, but will cook it for the OH and his friend who is staying anyways :)

Welcome to the new members, key to keeping up on the chatter note what page you logged off on so you can find what you missed lol :)

Haha great minds and all that :)

Your christmas menu sounds amazing yum yum yum

I started xmas shopping in August as I have a £10-15 budget for each of my parents and I'll get my brother a token gift (he forgets me every year and he has even forgotten my birthday the last 3!) so I get things when I see them, so far I have got them some seeds to grow next year in the sales and a small chocolate santa made with milk chocolate and popping candy

Me and OH don't really spend much on each other but I am ok with that as we both put £5 a month towards christmas for food and we go to Marks to get quite a bit as it's a treat and so nice

Sweet I do similar, I just look for my last post and go from there x

I have done £10 for my nieces. I've made their mum's and my brother's gf which was about £20 for materials for both. I do about £20 for mum, dad and brothers. So far I've spent £33 on Nate bite have some more presents I'm waiting to see if I can get cheaper. (so far he has a playmobil set, magabloks tub of 100, 2 puzzles and a little set of books). Great Grandad has sent him £25 and his feckless father said he is going to send aome money for him but I shan't hold my breath. He did send £20 for his birthday. Nana and Gaga are getting him a cleaning set. Such a spoiled little boy.

You're only young once and the joy on his face and the excitement of the day means it's worth it, he will love it! I remember how excited I used to get about christmas and waiting for Santa to come :)

On that note it's time for me to go to sleep.

Hope you all have lots of nice things planned for tomorrow. My day is all about cleaning, such fun!

Nite x x

Back