20 somethings

Ohh I saw Twilight yesterday, I won't say anything other than I really enjoyed something near the end and I almost felt a little sad at the end, you'll see why I am sure and there were a few tears, in a good way, in my screening :)

Flexi-syns is great for a day like today for you so you can still have a fun day out. But good luck in the £1 shop, I don't think I'd make it past the chocolate raisons....

Glad you had the same number of Eggs Fran, I was so hungry by time I made it and it was yummy. Have just seen your latest post and can't stop laughing at the though of Nate shouting that :)

Not sure what time OH is home today but I need to get my tea made before he gets back or he will try and tempt me in to a take away/mcd's and I am not going to do it so want say I have eaten!!

For the first time since the start of September I feel like I can do this x

Regarding your St. Bernard being so bouncy, it's never too early to start teaching them social skills. You should practice with her in the evenings when she's tired, and in the mornings when she's full of energy. When she's bouncy, brush her off with the back of your hand and tell her, "away!" in a firm voice. Keep doing it until she gets the point. And then call her over for a bit of a pet. Then again brush her off. She'll get the idea very quickly. When strangers come in, and she gets excited, keep brushing her off and tell them to do the same. After a while she will still approach but won't be jumping all over them. Might be an idea to have some tea tree oil and water mix in a squirty bottle to squirt in her mouth if she's being very boisterous. They hate the taste of that. Or a noise maker that gives her a bit of a fright.

As for my "sprint" I think it's been called off. Things just keep cropping up! I have to help my daughter practice a new song. Beyonce's At Last. I'm going to bring her to the local karaoke this evening so she can practice for real, but will have to spend today helping her get it right.

I'm still eyeing up the biscuits, Fran, but I'm resisting. To be honest, when I'm ill all I seem to want is white bread. I'm really fancying a white bread sandwich. But I shall resist that too. I don't want to spend forever losing weight. How funny is Nate?! Haha, kids can come out with things that seem like absolute filth, but it's so innocent!

Tata, good luck with your flexi-day! Just set a limit and stick to it. It's not a flexi-day if you don't count the syns and set a limit lol

I'm not a great fan of the Twilight series. Seriously, vampires don't sparkle in the sunshine!!! GRRRrrrrrr! lol. I really enjoyed all the Anne Rice books though, and I really think they should make movies out of them all. Interview with a Vampire was a good movie, and Queen of the Damned was AWFUL, but I think the rest of the books are worth a movie or two!

Afternoon girls!

I'm not into Twilight but hope you have a great time at the cinema! :) Not around much today, being domesticated for a change and having a good old sort out! x

Last edited:
Wow! I can't believe your landlord okayed a St Bernard! I desperately wanted one as a child having seen Beethoven but these days I couldn't be doing with a dog. Firstly we're all over the place so often and we don't have anyone really close by who could look after a dog for us. I also couldn't be doing with the smell or the hair everywhere! I do often look at gumtree or rehoming centre websites but I think the reality of a dog would be no good for me.

I do have a pretty cool pet though and I wouldn't swap him for the world - a tortoise called Merlin! He'll be 3 and a half this Christmas but can live for 80+ years! I'm currently winding him down for hibernation which is really sad because he tries to eat everything and he looks at me so mournfully like I'm the meanest person in the world for not feeding him.

I love Disney too! I saw Up with my dad and I cried my eyes out! The OH got Tangled for me last Christmas and he does the best Pascal impressions. Thankfully he's a Disney fan too so we get to watch most things together.

Franalamadingdong said:
Ahh I've left food on my plate because I'm full. Woo. I never leave food. Catching up with more recorded stuff. Ah relaxing!

Well done you, this is something I often struggle with!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ahh I've left food on my plate because I'm full. Woo. I never leave food. Catching up with more recorded stuff. Ah relaxing!

Brilliant! I was brought up to never leave any food on my plate so even when I was full I'd keep on stuffing it down my face so with total confidence I know I will not force my kids to do that...unless it's their greens and they're being fussy!

It's part of why I got so big, thinking I must eat everything given to me and not really knowing what a portion size should be like=fat me! Now I have almost cracked it so if I am full I stop. Annoyingly OH is like my parents so he must have been brought up the same and tells me off for wasting food!! It's a waste when I am eating for the sake of it.

Ohh Mandy white bread, soft fresh baked white bread with proper butter in one of lifes treats but resist for all the hard work you've put in so far. I think that is what I miss the most of all.

Glad we have another Disney fan too, Lyrically my OH and I both had a bit of a cry at that in the cinema (he would hate me for revealing that haha!) so glad it was the start and not the end of the film and I'd not put on a full face of make up!! He also likes Disney but not as much as me but they're nice films so he enjoys them, I have Brave on pre-order so I am looking forward to seeing that again soon. What's your favorite?

I have a real soft spot for Robin Hood! I always wanted to be Maid Marian when I grew up. I remember waiting for Beauty and the Beast to come out because it was the week after my birthday and I said I'd wait for my main present as it was the only thing I really wanted. I spent half my childhood drawing everyone in the yellow ballgowns!

I was brought up to finish my plate too. I'm quite careful these days to follow the recommended weights on packets because plates are so big and if they're full it's way too much! It's a hard habit to break though.

My god I have just spent the past 10 mins writing a huge message to you girls and it wouldn't send so have to start again!! Basically I apologised for being a stranger and disappearing for the past few days! I have been so naughty for 2 days and back on plan fully today, basically on Friday I was hungover and when I'm hungover I literally eat anything I can get my hands on, I had a rustler burger for breakfast!! Then nachos at the cinema watching twilight, then a bloody macdonalds as my friend and her OH went through the drive through so I went abit crazy, then I was still hungover on Saturday so had a take away last night! I am weighing 5 lbs up from WI on wed so need to lose 2 lbs to be still in target! Been really good today, not a syn, so back on it, having chicken salad for tea tonight and genuinely can't wait to be eating good again as I feel so groggy and disgusting! It's crazy how bad food makes me feel now!! Also last night Lily was vomiting through the night really poorly, she couldn't stop coughing and her breathing was wheezy, we had no sleep and this morning I took her to walk in clinic and she has urine infection, viral infection, ears are very red, temperature, had to go up to hosp to give them a sample and then got her antibiotics and paracetamol so we are home now and snuggling up, nothing worse then wen your baba is poorly!! :( hope all you girls are well and sorry I haven't caught up with what's been said yet xxx

Mandy shes not bouncy with us, or my parents its just the OH family a) they wind her up so she gets bouncy and b) they tell her off in such winny voices that i'm not surpised she doesn't listen, on the rare occasion she does get bouncy with us its usually coz the other half has wound her up and ignoring her and telling her no firmly stops it.

Infact on the occassions we have looked after the 3 year old missy has been fine with her its just when her mum and the teenager or with her shes a pain. they have absolutly no authority in there voices, when telling her down or no that she thinks there just playing.

She is as good as gold when she goes to my parents after the first few minutes and the same when they come her because she knows she can't mess, where as the OH side all allowed her to jump around them and be fussy when she was cute and a puppy, despite us telling them not to that she thinks she can do it now and because they lack the authority she just looks at them like there thick.

We are working on it but because shes so big up until now other than saying hello to them its been easier to seperate her for the time that they are here.

Oh poor Lily. Big hugs from us. I hope she gets better really soon, poor lamb.

I was brought up to clear my plate too so leaving food is a big thing for me, which is why I post when I do. Heh. I think my parents were brought up like that, and knowing their parents history it isn't surprising.

Hope the vegetables make you feel better too. I remember moving house years ago and the oven and pans were packed away and ww had ready meals and crap for 2 weeks and I was begging for vegetables. Mum thought it was funny, but I've always loved vegetables. Thankfully Nate has inherited this trait too.

Tears at Disney films... Fox and the hound!

Franalamadingdong said:
Oh poor Lily. Big hugs from us. I hope she gets better really soon, poor lamb.

I was brought up to clear my plate too so leaving food is a big thing for me, which is why I post when I do. Heh. I think my parents were brought up like that, and knowing their parents history it isn't surprising.

Hope the vegetables make you feel better too. I remember moving house years ago and the oven and pans were packed away and ww had ready meals and crap for 2 weeks and I was begging for vegetables. Mum thought it was funny, but I've always loved vegetables. Thankfully Nate has inherited this trait too.

Tears at Disney films... Fox and the hound!

Thanks fran! It's weird as I'd never tried a vegetable until SW!! And I basically ate crap for two days and I'm excited for salad?! It's mental how I've changed haha! Lily hasn't left the sofa for the past hour, she's just had a teaspoon of honey and she's got a cup of warm milk, it's so frustrating as just wish I could make her feel better, hopefully these antibiotics kick in soon xxx

Awww i Hope lilly feels better soon. we are having stuffed jackets and steak for tea, steak/beef is the only meat i can currently eat, have brough some little gem lettuce to have with mine no doubt the OH will pass on the salad.

Oh Jess! Poor Lily. I hope she feels better soon. Must be so hard seeing her poorly.

A few years ago I had a boss that just didn't stop bringing in chocolate over Easter. We had a huge bowl of it in our section and it was always topped up. I was walking home from work and I just had to stop and buy a huge bag of salad and loads of veggies - my body was just desperate.

Glad to hear you're back on it, Jess! There's plenty of room on the wagon!

Jess, it's been doing the same to me for the last couple of days so I now type my message and make sure I copy it so when it crashes I don't have to type it again!

Hope your little one gets better soon poor thing. As a target member you deserve the weekend you've just had and you'll get the extra off before you know it.

Robin Hood is one of my fav classics and Fox and the hound = blub!! I also loved Peter Pan and Cinderella...actually I may as well just list all of them other than Dumbo (the pink elephants used to scare me!) and Fantasia, which I now have and enjoy but as a child I didn't like it.

It seems like we were all brought up to clear our plates so it's not really a surprise we're all in the place we are but we're all doing something about it and will break that habit/learn real portion control

I remember you said you never had veg pre sw. For me it was adult sized portions as a child, not knowing and stopping eating when full (because of clear your plate), white bread with butter, treats, cooking with oil. So I ohaven't really transformed the way I eat which makes sw pretty easy for me to adapt to really. I know for others it is a huge change.

Try giving Lily yogurt and orange juice too. PJ will boost vitamin c and yogurt will boost good bacteria because the anti biotics will just kill everything. The milk is very good for her too. They made me drink it in hospital (ew).

If we all keep losing weight there will be even more room! Haha.

Just gave Nate half a bag of wotsits because he ate all his lunch. Haha, he quivvered for them!

I've always eaten lots for fruit/veg/salad as my Dad grew it all in the garden and my gran had plum, pear, apple trees along with blackberry and raspberry bushes but the trouble is the stuff with it...we'd have chips but they'd be deep fried, if we had any kind of food with gravy we'd mop up the gravy with lots of white bread, pasta would have creamy sauce that came out of the packet etc and as they were poor any meat etc we had would be very low quality as they'd ge the cheapest stuff they could but large portions.

When we were young and before my gran died we'd go to her house every sunday so my parents could go to the pub and she'd feed us fried sausages and beans/spaghetti and chips etc.

I was lucky as I was always very very active but once I left school and started working the activity vanished but the bad habits didn't

Ok, so I gave in and had two biscuits. I had a jaffa cake for 2 syns and a chocolate digestive for 4 syns. If that's the most damage I do today, I'll be happy enough. Feeling worse by the minute. Apparently zinc is supposed to be really good for getting rid of colds and flu, so I'll have to give that a go. Desperately seeking health lol

I too was brought up to clear my plate, but it gets so much worse...here's my food-day as a child.

Breakfast -- 4 slices of white toast with lashings of real butter, and then I'd call into my Nan before school for money to buy sweets.
Little break in school -- bar of chocolate and crisps
Lunch in school -- 4 slices of white bread sandwiches with jam and real butter
Dinner after school at 3pm -- big plate of stew and mash, or chips and burgers.
Dinner at home 6pm -- chips and fishfingers and peas...deep fried chips and fishfingers.
Supper before bed -- cereal or more toast

WOW, is it any wonder I was a fat kid?

If 6 syns is the worst you can do Mandy they you've done well.

It's amazing what you used to eat but what's worse is I read it and want to eat half of it!! The trouble I have is I enjoy eating 'bad' food as it tastes good so lots of my battle is my mind and changing my mind set is tough but in the long run I will win this battle,

Now adays people would not dream of feeding their kids that much or that kind of stuff so at least some good changes have happened and with you doing SW you're setting good eating habits for your kids so they don't have to go through what you did x

Back