20 somethings

Oh I am so happy you had a good night. Yay bonus tenner AND bonus pudding! When is your weigh in day again scarlet? I really hope you get the one stone back this week. you'll be on a roll after that! Haha, you have made my boobs sound even worse!

Currently sat here in the jumper I made. So nice and snuggly :D

Laura I had a look and found this....

25416d1328509333-toby-carvery-syns-image-2373873764.jpg

I also found this...

"Hi guys and girls

I used to be a manager at Toby Carvery. The gravy they use is pack gravy made without meat fat/juices so that would be 1.5 syns for every 100ml. All veg has a butter glaze on, but you can ask you server for fresh veg without the glaze on, so that would be syn free. All the meats also have a glaze on them gammon and beef having the worse, even more so because you cant take it off. The turkey glaze goes on the skin which you are not given anyway so syn free, the beef they use is rib of beef which is a bit fatty along with the glaze with is oil based would be 10 syns, if you were to have the gammon which is honey, mustard and oil is 13 syns. Either have the turkey or if you have to have the beef / gammon make sure that you cut the outer layer off. This should take 6 syns off the beef and 8 syns off the gammon. Hope this is helpful"

But there is apparently something on the slimming world online thing to give you a guide

Scarlett what recipe did you use for lasagne? I'm thinking of making one today to have during the week, trying to find a nice recipe!

Not sure yet, either twilight or silver linings. Can't decide! Good to know about the gravy as I LOVE IT!! OH laughs his head off about how much is on my plate haha! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ooh yes thanks scarlett saw that one, might give it a try! Also the oct 2012 too Fran might have a look at those two and pick one too make. Thanks ladies!

Have ended up in harvester, having grilled chicken and chorizo skewers with a jacket and salad. Was so tempted by burger and fries xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Scarlett - the top is from Dorothy Perkins. It was 10% off yesterday so hopefully that's something that continues!

I do have a seamstress' measuring tape at home. I just never trust myself to be doing it straight! I might do it when I get home.

I'm trying to be really good for the next couple of WIs because I'm off to Prague for a long weekend on 15th Dec so my pre-Christmas WI probably won't be good news and I plan to relax over Christmas too.

Ooh Emily so jealous! I love Prague! We went for our first anniversary and I loved it so much, want to go back so badly! Thanks for top info, will have a look online in a min!

Jenna in going to have on plan meals whenever I'm at home, then have what I fancy while I'm out. I won't go mad with treats but if I fancy something I will have it. The way I see it is that "normal" people (eg not watching what they eat or trying to lose weight) will usually put on a couple of pounds over Christmas and on holiday, then lose it afterwards. It's not the end of the world for me if that happens, but I'm not going to go- I'm off plan I can eat as much as possible. X

Christmas tree up! It was actually a bit emotional as I've got some of my nans tree decorations, we shared them out after she died in august so this is the first year im using them alongside my own ones.

ForumRunner_20121202_152840.png
My tree :)

The guy that my oh and I live with wont have any decorations up so the house is so bland lol hes had the whole house painted biscuit which is essentially cream, however I wanted our room blue so our room is the only room with colour, cant complain as its his house but cant wait to get my own place eventually!

Im being good right up to xmas day then will be filling my dinner plate with as much veg as possible, probably not have roasties although I do love a yorkshire pudding, I will probably make my own sandwiches for tea using wholemeal bread and will try not to eat too much dessert, I dont think I will drink much other than my glass of asti with dinner, so hopefully wont put on too much weight over xmas, I wont be doing anything for new year anyway so will be back to normal after boxing day

thanks hun, her decorations are proper retro 60's and 70's blown glass type ones, I chose all the ones I remember on her tree when I was little and they were the same ones every year. One of the ones my mum had was the one they bought the year she was born to mark her first christmas- a 51 year old tree decoration! just a normal decorated bauble but its lovely that she now has it. Its amazing how things back then were truly made to last.
In the box with the decs were last years xmas cards, first one i looked at was nans one so had a few tears. Think she would like that we each have some of her decs this year though. feels like we are all carrying on her traditions in our own homes xx

Back