20 somethings

Aww I hope you get it scarlet.

I'm lucky I've not had trouble with my bosses. But that might be because I've never gone for more challenging jobs due to an utter lack of self belief. I'll get there in the end and work for knobs I'm sure. Haha.

Wow! Fingers crossed for Thursday, Scarlett!

It's sort of the same job with the same company but in another location... They've moved a lot of our other offices to the same site in Huntingdon and they're weighing up whether they can afford to move our office up there - although it will be 2018 at the earliest. In the meantime they're creating 3 posts there at the grade above me and 4 posts at my grade to start before July 2013. There's one post at the grade above that hasn't been filled yet, and the advert for that goes up next week. If the OH and I both get posts up there then we'd be able to afford to buy :D. There's a lot of competition though so there are no guarantees.

Didnt get to go today to venue so will be going tuesday morning, at least it gives me time to prepare so ive written lists of people and rooms etc.. my guest list has gone from 25 to 40 atm lol and 14 rooms for the night, at least ten of them that I will be paying for!

My wedding was super-cheap - less than 2500 and £850 of that we splurged on a professional photographer. AND we had two ceremonies. :D 385 was for the register office (they opened on a Sunday for us!) and about £600 on rings. :p

Hiya I'm Zoe, I'm 21 and have been doing sw for a week now, not very well might I add! But il get there, just joined this for a little motivation as I find it really difficult to stay on on track without someone to answer to and I have yet to join a class just doing it from home. This site is brilliant if only I'd joined it when I only have 2 stone to lose. But I suppose that's never the way!!!

Hiya Zoe, welcome and well done for joining! Is there anything in particular you are struggling with, and do you mind me asking how much you want to lose?

I've lost 1 stone 11.5 so far, want to lose 5 stone in total! You will get there, it just takes a while to get your head around it!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My wedding was super-cheap - less than 2500 and £850 of that we splurged on a professional photographer. AND we had two ceremonies. :D 385 was for the register office (they opened on a Sunday for us!) and about £600 on rings. :p

Thats not bad, ours for what we have now is around 1500 not including rings or dress but in process of changing it hopefully but will probs be a bit more now as we have extra guests

Welcome zoe, I have been struggling too as its been a complete change and im still learning and still gunna be struggling for a while but it will be worth it when we get the hang of it, I have at least 7/8 stone to get rid of but im not pressuring myself into losing quickly or within a time frame as I know I would lose motivation that way when I dont get to my goals as quick as id like, just take it one week at a time!

Thats not bad, ours for what we have now is around 1500 not including rings or dress but in process of changing it hopefully but will probs be a bit more now as we have extra guests

My dress was only £200, designed and made just for me by a dressmaker friend. We only had about 55 guests though. :)

I have about 6 stone to lose, but am in this for the long hall, il be happy with a pound loss at the moment even that will be enough to push me to go further. There just so many things to remember with sw. I almost always forget my healthy extras and have to force them down me at the end of the night. I'm so unorganised! And my syns sometimes I don't use them which is ridiculous for me as I'd never usually turn down an op for chocolate! Ha

welcome zoe! this is a fab thread, so many lovely girls and everyone is really supportive to each other :) I second jennas suggestion of a diary, if you are struggling to keep to the plan it might help to keep you on track if you know you will have people to tell exactly what youve eaten! `i also recommend breaking your target down into smaller chunks. to start the journey thinking "6 stones to go" can seem like a long old road. however if you focus on smaller targets, half stone at a time perhaps it will help to keep focussed. x

Welcome zoe I have just under 10 stone to lose, but 4 stone 8.5lbs have already gone. Food diaries and breaking it down into smaller chunks really do help but the biggest help is planning meals. If you cook for others factor in their plans and plan breakfast, lunch and dinner. It stops the "i don't know what to eat so I will eat everything!" Moments. You know what you are having (and in my case when) and you will have all the ingredients in.

Have to agree that planning is key, the weeks I don't plan are the weeks I don't do very well! X

Jenna...step away from the biscuits!!! I'm watching elf and waiting for OH to come round, I LOVE elf!! Xxx

Back