20 somethings

BMI wise I could have qualified but I was never unable to do things, or have health problems due to my weight, so it is strange to see other's go through major surgery. At my heaviest at the beginning of this year i was 21 stone 3lbs. Now I'm 15st 10lbs. I could never have that surgery, I like food too much.

That 47 stone man was a dick. It's a good job i'm not a nurse! I'm a bit mean....

Congratulations Ciara! How lovely!

After days of stressing myself silly (and even resorting to yoga) the Weigh In Gods were smiling on me - 1lb off, getting me into the 10s! I was one of the few to lose too as everyone's had their Christmas parties. Overall we lost 49lbs and gained 36...

We've got a Christmas do next week! We've got to bring in Christmas treats and then we're off to the pub!

Yay! well done Emily! in the 10s!!! EEIII.

Our group had a christmas meal out today, I don't like where they are going (one of the women's sons owns it) yucky food, i'm not wasting syns or money on something that's not worth it. I'd go if they went somewhere nice. I've a recipe for meringue stars from the tesco magazine, I'll just swap sugar for sweetener, which I've done before, and syn the hazelnuts. hopefully they will turn out ok :/ we can't go to the pub post group, it's still the morning. haha. but one of mum's friends has a present for Nate for christmas. spoiled boy.

Ooh Fran, you'll have to let me know how they turn out! I need some ideas! Not everyone's eating at the pub but I think there are quite a few of us going.

Honestly girls, if you'd seen me trying all the exercises recommended to get you going you would have been giggling your heads off! The one that felt like it did the most was to lie on my back with my knees bent and then slide alternate legs out with my foot flat on the floor as I inhaled. Still no joy!

Welcome holly x

Aww bless emily sounds like you need something a bit stronger than senna, unless a spicy curry would do it for you lol

Well done on the losses girls, im away at my mums this week so unable to weigh, not having a great week anyway so thats probably a good thing lol

I just wanted to be nosy about it really. No Dr ever thought to even mention weightloss to me, let alone surgery so it's all a bit interesting to me. How did it nearly ruin your life?

Christie, enjoy your trip to your mum's :)

Hi Holly. welcome to the chatty thread.

Emily, what about devils on horseback? 16 prunes, 2 tbsp mango chutney 8 rashers of bacon sliced in half length-ways 0.5 syns each. split prunes, stuff with chutney, wrap with bacon, bake in oven until bacon is cooked :)

It was the direct cause of the eating disorder I developed shortly after the op, which lasted over two years and which I believe to be the reason for my current infertility. :/

I should be eating a lot of prunes, methinks!

What happened with you, Harley? You hear a lot of gastric band horror stories if they haven't been done properly.

I think a lot of medical professionals are afraid to mention weight. I have no idea what my sister weighs but she's always been bigger than me. She has had chronic back pain but no one has suggested weight loss to help it. It's harder to say as her sister. My mum, who is very fattist and has a history of anorexia and bulimia, is so *****y about it and as subtle as a brick, which would only make me eat more!

Did you get any mentoring or counselling as standard after your surgery? I would imagine it's quite a big change to deal with.

Have you had your infertility investigated? You don't have to answer that... I hope it's just short-term fertility problems rather than anything permanent. :( I haven't got to the point where I want to conceive, but a lot of friends have had difficulty. Fingers crossed for you.

Oh that's terrible Harley. It must be so hard to deal with, especially as they say to lose weight to boost fertility and then that happens it's a huge kick in the teeth. Is it something that can be improved? On that programme tonight one lady was having loads of therapy before she'd be allowed to have the op because of past abuse, it was a good thing because she is diabetic and stopped taking her insulin in order to lose weight, thankfully she realised what she was doing before it was too late.

Emily you can have prunes or other dried fruit as a heb, you could do it on a green day so you can still have your bread or cereal or whatever.

I'm having a green day tomorrow :) scrambled eggs on toast in the morning.. yummy. jacket potato with beans and hea1 of cheese then lowlow (hea2) pasta for tea. cheesy cheesy cheese. so i've a spare heb hurrah.

I spent an hour in Asda last night looking for WW Petit Pains to have as a HexB with soup. I swear they have every other blasted WW bread! No petit pains for me though.

I do have prunes in the cupboard from the lamb tagine I made. Someone else at SW recommended warm grapefruit juice with brown sugar in it so not dissimilar to your orange juice suggestion! I should've got some in last night. I might get John to make me a coffee with sugar syrup in - maybe that's why they used to make me go.

I did have a little bit of success last night, but I think the issue is muscles in spasm. One of the suggested remedies is to exhale and then hold your breath until you experience 'extreme oxygen debt'! Apparently carbon dioxide is a muscle relaxant...

Sorry for all this chat before 6.30 in the morning! Early start for me today. Have a lovely day everyone!

Lyrically - a good bevy normally sorts me out ;-) never off the loo the next day haha! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Haha! Thanks for the tip, Laura! I'm on lots of fruit, particularly citrus fruit, and more fluids than I would normally drink by this time in the morning! Two people in my team have gone off sick with stomach pains/bugs today so maybe it's related...

We've got the other two couples that are coming to Prague with us staying over tonight, and they're getting takeaway pizza. Boooo. Actually, I could take or leave pizza so it's not too great a temptation - garlic bread is another matter!! Lentil and root vegetable soup for lunch with a Ryvita as 1/2 HexB. I haven't really decided on dinner. Maybe some LM sausages with beans and something vegetably. I bought some Quorn Sticky Fillets last night as one of the girls on here raves about them in her food diary so they may join the mix.

I gave Great Dane Puppy a talking to this morning. My boss commented yesterday that he's always on Minesweeper, and then when I went in this morning to get some forms signed he didn't even minimise it! I told him (exaggerated) that I'd had my knuckles rapped for his work ethic, which seemed to have the desired effect as he went bright red and apologised. I have got him on some pretty tedious, repetitive work, but he's only with us until Friday and then he's off for nearly a month. I explained that there is a bigger picture and he will do something more involved in the new year, but there's no point in getting him stuck into a long project when he'll come back in January and wonder where the hell he got to! He said he got it and he didn't mind. Here's hoping... I don't like being the big bad monster!

Back