20 somethings

haha thanks Jenna, I can't wait! My bridesmaids have arranged for me to visit four bridal shops so it's going to be a long, but hopefully fun day! We will be going to lunch inbetween the first two and second two too so that will be nice :) xx

Oh Jenna that's great news about the work! I didn't want to sound telly offy but you have come so far and done amazingly well, and you never give yourself credit for it, but you're quite quick to see the negative, so I am positive telly offy :) with a big gold star sticker! I think if you are going for the birthday and you need to get in gear for the new job then there's no worries about not going out after

Scarlet, get Laura to wish you luck because I was expecting to be +2 or 3, after +5.5 last week that'd have been BAD, but she said good luck and I was -1, I was genuinely stunned. For drinking less you could always say you are doing Dry January. I've loads of friends doing it. You just have to make sure you don't drink in front of them all month. haha.

That day out sounds lovely Sammy, the trouble will be picking the ones you like!

Laura I laughed out loud because that was EXACTLY what I was doing. I've used 1.5 today, having a 13 syn chocolate bar to bring it to 14.5, planned all this week out, then dad requested pot roast, so swapped things about. Doing mostly red and green this week, should I not go into carb withdrawls. Really excited.

Zero weekend plans here! might brave the paints with trouble, might wimp out...

Haha Fran it's true...I ate 5 Lindor chocs for the sake of it, they are 4 SYNS EACH!!!

Haha I will wish every single one of you luck personally if that's what it takes!! Hope wishing myself luck in the morning works in the same way!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Don't get me wrong, I like that pic (and it was therefore my vanity that made it my profile pic haha) but that was before the NYE and day munch fest but balls to it, I'm back in the game :D Yay!

Teehee vanity is def allowed for pics like that :)

Woohoo back in the game :D

Scarlet, get Laura to wish you luck because I was expecting to be +2 or 3, after +5.5 last week that'd have been BAD, but she said good luck and I was -1, I was genuinely stunned. For drinking less you could always say you are doing Dry January. I've loads of friends doing it. You just have to make sure you don't drink in front of them all month. haha.

Ooh i will do I'll be chasing laura round the boards shouting wish me luck! Wish me luck! Haha!
Dryathon would be a great excuse if we weren't all going on holiday together on the 20th and there's no way I'm going skiing without having a beer on top of the mountain! Still think I might not drink till the holiday though to help with shifting the Xmas gain before we go, will need all the help I can get and hope the body magic will be enough to level it out while I'm there!

I agree Jenna you def need to be positive patsy (the names made me laugh!) you are fab and big well done on the job too x

Sammy you must be so excited! Even though I plan to get a cheap wedding dress online I cannot wait for the day I go round the bridal shops trying on! Sounds like your girls have a fab day planned for you x

most certainly Jenna :p Oh I am excited for your shopping trip. I was looking in a shop today and she was offering me extra discounts on top of the discounts written. SOOO HARD TO RESIST! but I did! bloody no new clothes in January pact. Woe. LOVE a bargain too. I got over £200 worth of stuff for £83 the other day so I have to cool it a bit now. decided I will get myself a phillips airfryer when I move, I can't live without one now. Only if I can find one cheaply though.

Ah shame scarlet, I dunno then say you're still hungover for a week? lol. seriously chase her! I was completely bewildered at the scales.

Oo good luck sammy, cant wait to be at a better weight to go dress shopping :)

Well done on the new teaching post jenna x

It awesome to see how you all know each other and the journeys you have come through!

I've done the shop! So it's all go! Been looking at recipes. Got to be patient haven't you !

My chaps really on board and taking it on. Which is reassuring.

You all look gorg in your snaps!!! Looks like I'll have that to come!!

Ps. Good news on moving in with your guy. Wicked feeling! Xx

Thanks Scarlett! My original plan was to try on my dresses to see what suited me in the shops and then buy online to save money, but i'm a little worried whatever I buy online wont be the same quality or look as nice so now i'm going to see which dress I want and then try my best to get that dress either from an outlet store at a greatly reduced price or see if I can get one on preloved or ebay in good condition second hand, that way i'll know the dress is good quality and that i definitely like it as i'll have seen it 'in the flesh' so to speak and i wont have the stress of if the one i've ordered online is going to be ok or not. Plus i'll be able to get it there and then and all I'll have to do is get it altered then :) xx

Ahh thanks Sammie love, I'm so excited!! We are real childhood sweethearts, known each other since we were 11, been together properly since we were 15, now 23, did the long distance thing for 4 years whilst both at Uni, and then had to move home to our respective parents houses, for the past year, and NOW finally we are going to live together, feel like we've waited forever and a day!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You will get the Christie love.

Sam, you'll be sick of us before you know it. heehee. And yeah, I tend to have my breakfast when I have sorted out my son, then lunch is anywhere from 12:30-2 occassionally later, then tea is usually around 5:30. Because I know when I'm eating I can get cooking in time. My body seems to know that is when food is coming so it's quite obedient, except for post the scoff-a-thon of the past few weeks! It all does become normal The idea of a sandwich for lunch seems weird now!

Jenna-totally feel your pain!! I've knocked alcohol on the head for a few months. My friends are so disappointed. It's like I've told them I never want to see them again!!

So do all you girlies go to the groups then??!

I joined a group a year ago and went each week up until around August, had quite a bit going on one thing after another and decided to give it a break for a bit, then having met these girls in here decide to give it go on my own in september. Think I've only had one gain (other than Christmas) since going it alone and not looked back!
This room right here is my group, these girls are fab :) they've picked me up, given great advice and been a sounding board many a time x

Jenna-totally feel your pain!! I've knocked alcohol on the head for a few months. My friends are so disappointed. It's like I've told them I never want to see them again!!

So do all you girlies go to the groups then??!

Oh I know with the alcohol thing, its like you've killed their favourite pet!

I joined online for 3 months in March and have done it alone with the support of the ladies on here. I did go to one SW class when I finished the online version just to get the books but have to say I've found this site more than supportive enough...the only step further that these ladies could go is to come and empty my biccy cupboard for me haha!

I did it at home without signing up to any form of slimming world I just bought a copy of the pack online lol but now as of today im officially a slimming world online member as I think its definately the only way im gunna get the right info I need etc..other than what this site gives. Also I agree with scarlett these ladies are my group :) couldnt ask for a better bunch

Back