20 somethings

3lbs will see me to my halfway to target point so I'd like to see that in the next fortnight.

My C set us an informal target of 2lbs each for this week to undo the 23lbs lost, 80lbs gain we saw last week. I'm quietly hopeful, although I've realised I'm out for drinks tomorrow and we're going to a 2-4-1 cocktail happy hour... There's one I've worked out at 9 syns (it's a champagne flute with 25ml shot made up of limoncello and elderflower liqueur [4.5 syns per 25ml limoncello], topped up with prosecco [4.5 syns per 125ml]) so I would be flexi-synning, but I've only had 11/30 so far this week.

I've eaten an entire bunch of grapes today. I was meant to save at least 1/3 to have with my breakfast tomorrow! That's all 5 of my 5-a-day in one go!

Jenna-you hate lateness. I'm always late. I don't know how I do it?? Maybe it should be my New Years resolution!!

So the Lunch.......I had ham egg and chips but just had the ham and egg. So I'll work out some oil syns when I get home. Think I did ok there really?!? The girls at work were lovely and bought me some lovely presents.....so the least I could do is go to lunch. Hopefully not jeopardised to much. Probably wont have tea either, so alls good in the world!

Moving is so exciting. And measuring for rugs etc is wicked!! I love accessories and bits. Although I'm deffo no interior designer!! X

Sam an egg fried in oil is only half a syn do you made a great choice :) xx

Raaaah! Resisted THIS-

ForumRunner_20130103_174416.png

since yesterday but just succumbed and had a little piece. It's amazing but now I feel sick and wish I'd asked this question first....any idea on the syns for millionaires shortbread? Had a 1x2inch piece (very restrained I think considering there's still 6x9 inches left!). Reckon it weighed about 50g (have weighed and measured what's left and worked it out lol)

Ok thanks fran, sounded like it was going to be astronomical then but works out at 13.5 which is fine as even with the Philly from lunch, it's over for today's syns but I had none yesterday so evens out. Phew! Glad I managed to stop!

It was lovely but so rich, when I saw it there yesterday I hoped it would disappear overnight but no such luck!

Sounds like a lovely lunch Sammie and also echo the others in saying you made a great choice. Lovely to get presents too :) x

Last edited:
The lasagne turned out really well ladies :) really enjoyed it, however it was a teensy bit watery (the tomatoey sauce) and was wondering if anyone had any tips? I didn't mine but think it put dad off a little!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-448326456.jpg
    image-448326456.jpg
    570.2 KB · Views: 28
  • image-3075376420.jpg
    image-3075376420.jpg
    564.3 KB · Views: 27
What recipe did you use in the end? Looks lovely. Maybe cook the tomato sauce for longer or reduce the amount of stock you use?

Added 400g passata and 400g tinned toms, and there was 100g more mince than in the recipe. Didnt cook it for too long though so that's probs where I went wrong, thanks girls!

Today's food has ended up being -

B- wholemeal roll (hex b) frylighted egg, 1 low fat sausage (1.5 syns) brown sauce (0.5syns)

L- super free carrot and swede soup, mullerlight.

D- lasagne - peppers (sf) onion (sf) passage (sf) tomatoes (sf) el mince (free) pasta sheets (free) fat free nat yog (free) garlic (sf) Parmesan (Hex A) + (3syns cheese on top)

And an about to treat myself to:-
1x Lindor (4 syns!)
1x Ferrero rocher (3.5 syns)
Before getting on with another few hours of school work!

12.5 syns for the day

3/31 100% January!!

Xx

To be fair I should have done this before now... Going in tomorrow to put up some displays :-( I'm really sick of having a job I can't leave at work...I feel like its always in my mind! X

Anyone watching hairy bikers? Those pies look amazing!! X

Currently on 6 syns (or will be after I eat my curry and rice) still have a hexb and half of a hexa too

I'm watching Bikers! Thinking how you could SW up their recipes.

The potatoes dauphinoise worked really well! I used the recipe you found on here but with fat free fromage frais instead of creme fraiche and it was lovely.

I realised that I can reclaim a syn as I spent 6 syns on an extra healthy B but if I took today as a green day I've only had 5 syns worth of chicken.

Still hungry. I've pretty much eaten an entire fruit bowl today! How much more can I need?!

Ooh will you talk me through how you did your potatoes please? Xx

Back