20 somethings

Ciara-- it's really is. But it's brill!!

Fran, that's a common thing I've heard. Hopefully they are trying to change things a bit---so there will be no more dragons!!

Jo, are you a RMN? I am enjoying it......but it's very different. Was a public health nurse for three months, to get a feel of it. It's gonna be soooooo much work!! But hopefully worth it, and a good change. Hoping to keep my RMN pin up too.

On another note. Was panicking about keeping the diet up. Mega busy day today, hasn't had my hex b but then one of the girlies gave me this choccie bar thing. I thought bu**** it I'm starving but age follows it with 'slimming world. 3 syns or 2hexb' they were lovely. I'm gonna give her some cash and get some. So I have a fellow slimming worlder joining me on the uni course for the next year. So wicked!!

Simple things......

Yeah, I tried the back of the book and Syns Online but no joy!

I'm trying to feel more relaxed about my syns. I don't tend to have very many a day (I don't feel I need them) but I think I need to try eating all the things I ate pre SW and get a good handle on syn values so I can make better choices in future - if that makes sense? I used to have naughty weeks, and then they'd be followed by another one, and another one rather than balancing out my eating!

I daren't have it too close to WI even if I would flexi-syn it so I'm within my weekly allowance! I probably won't have it tomorrow as I have my sister's birthday on Sunday and I have no idea what it will hold, so I should save my syns for that. It's just good to know the potential's there!

Ah I shared them with my mum post weigh in one day in the summer. :) Nate had some too - that means he gets all the syns right? hehe.

Sounds like you have a good handle on it emily :)

Franalamadingdong said:
ooh, someone having a post WI treat? have a look in the back of your book at the syns, i'm sure there's a chippy section, they might have it in there.

I like haddock. M&D are doing the shop this week (I bought last weeks) and they are going into the shops (mum's got a skin cancer on her hand that she's going to get sorted on Friday - yes we're the many diseases family, so they are going into the proper shops) so they'll get some fish. going to do fish and chips minus the batter. I think I might have fish and chips if I get my 5.5 stone for Easter/Nate's birthday at the end of March. Living at the seaside can be hard on a diet!

Jo, I think you'll be like the lovely lady with the millions of kids, her mum comes too. I just think, "if she can lose 9 stone, and then be happy to come back and do it again, this must be a good plan, else she'd not want to do SW again." We've the same starting BMI so we can do it!

Thanks fran. We have got similar stats, we will both def get there :) x

sammiec said:
Ciara-- it's really is. But it's brill!!

Fran, that's a common thing I've heard. Hopefully they are trying to change things a bit---so there will be no more dragons!!

Jo, are you a RMN? I am enjoying it......but it's very different. Was a public health nurse for three months, to get a feel of it. It's gonna be soooooo much work!! But hopefully worth it, and a good change. Hoping to keep my RMN pin up too.

On another note. Was panicking about keeping the diet up. Mega busy day today, hasn't had my hex b but then one of the girlies gave me this choccie bar thing. I thought bu**** it I'm starving but age follows it with 'slimming world. 3 syns or 2hexb' they were lovely. I'm gonna give her some cash and get some. So I have a fellow slimming worlder joining me on the uni course for the next year. So wicked!!

Simple things......

No not an rmn i went to uni and did a psychology degree, work in the mental health trust as a drug worker but also do bank shifts in medium secure hospital. Have considered doing my training.

Great news about the fellow sw`er :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins

Hey Ive just joined and am attempting to do SW at home. Can anyone join this group? Im 24 and would like support from people my own age! I dont know how Im going to juggle still going out with my friends with sticking to my SW plan and lose weight. Any advice would be appreciated! xx

Welcome ninz! Anyone is welcome here x

Yay! 3.5lb down! Now with a week until my next wi and my birthday im going to do it 100% and hope for a loss to combat any gains on my birthday!

Last edited:
Woohoo! Well done, Christie and Fran! Oh gosh I hope I do as well as you two!

Thanks for the link Fran. I think they've overestimated the batter a bit! I have seen a large haddock and it requires nearly twice the amount of batter as a sausage! Still, potentially using 60 syns in one meal is something I'd rather not risk. Maybe I can forego the sausage... I think it's the batter I really want. I'm not a huge fish eater but maybe I could have beer battered cod/haddock from a supermarket (11-13syns) instead, along with chippy chips.

Hey ladies! Day 3 of the straight and narrow living! Lol

Must pop out and get some more fruit. Had a SW fry up this morning and it was yummy! Had my hexb toast as well this morning, however I'm going to count 2 syns for my bacon slice incase there was any fat left!

Moving house in 9 days now.. I'm super excited! I'm also off to argos to collect my new scales. I was debating getting either the weight watcher ones or the salter ones but settled on the salter ones!

Yay well done fran, good luck emily!

Having a green day today, tomato, mushroom, pepper and onion in a creamy pasta bake later mmm which means no syns so may get a couple of frozen treats out for dessert x

Girlies.

Lunch. Argh!! Opted for chicken leg in sweet and sour sauce with rice.......took the skin of the chicken. Lots of fresh veg. How many syns would you say! No oil with rice. Just plain old boiled apparently. Much love......this eating away from home is hard work.....!xxx

Hi all, going to be joining you guys! I'm 26, so nice to have people around my own age to relate to. Hoping to rejoin SW either tonight or tomorrow, depending on motivation!

Right now very much on a budget as my OH is a student and I'm unemployed, but going to do the best I can. Less money = less snacks I can afford, right?! :p

*slinks in with tail between legs*

Hi girls. Sorry I went MIA... I have no excuse really, apart from falling off the wagon major style. I've put 1st2lb back on, bringing me back up to 15st1lb, which is killing me! But this is day one of the New Year for me, and I'm back on it.

Will you take me back? lol

Back