20 somethings

Hi jenstar, everyone has gains and maintains, the important thing is getting back on it. I have been writing down everything as I eat it and that's helped too. What are you studying at uni?

Food shop done, thank God, now I have some foooood in the house! Ended up going a little off the beaten track last night as I was starving and there was literally nothing SW friendly in the house. Had noodles and bread, for around 20 syns, but had no other syns all day so only went 5 over, really.

I spent a fortune today on the food shop (170 euro!) but did buy a lot of fruit and veg, and some SW ready meals and syn free sausages. They're really expensive. For two ready meals (chicken curry and cottage pie) and one pack of 12 sausages, it was 15 euro...shocking, but hopefully worth it. I'm just waiting on the cottage pie now, as I'm starving just in the door. I'll keep the chicken curry in the freezer for one of those days where I just can't be bothered to cook some long, drawn out SW recipe.

Well done on the losses girls, keep em coming! I'm not allowing myself any fizzy drinks this week, in order to boost my water intake, and am going to snack on lots of fruit. Also back to the walking now with the kids in school (school runs!) so my greedy-gut should be back down to where I was before Xmas in a few weeks. Hoping for around 4-5lb this week, honestly. I have over a stone to lose to get back to my pre-Xmas weight....fingers crossed!

Oh. My. God. The cottage pie ready meal? Yeah, I don't think I've ever tasted anything so utterly delicious in my life!!

Well the eldest is driving me nuts...she's just started having her period in the past few months and if she comes out of the other side of puberty it'll only be because I haven't murdered her lol
The middle fella is like a ghost child, I swear. Hardly ever see him, as he's in his room all the time playing games.
And the babs is going through a sleepless phase, where she's up every other night for a couple of hours saying she's sick, she needs to go toilet, she needs to watch TV, she wants a hug, she wants to brush her teeth. I'm actually shattered tired today as last night she was having nightmares most of the night which involved me having to climb the stairs every half hour or so to calm her -- my bedroom is downstairs. I tell ya, there's nothing nastier than having to climb a stairs when you're still half asleep lol I can picture myself taking a tumble if it continues!

Tap dancing sounds so much fun, but my boobs would literally swing into orbit haha. What did you put in your soup? I love soup. Bought the makings of it today. I always use, turnip, carrots, onion, red pepper, celery and potato. Yum, yum. Gonna make some in the morning.

Thanks for the welcome everyone :flowers:

Hi jenstar, everyone has gains and maintains, the important thing is getting back on it. I have been writing down everything as I eat it and that's helped too. What are you studying at uni?

You're so right Fran, writing it all down does help a lot. I used to do it but got out of the habit and that's when those pesky syns start creeping up! I'll definitely start that again. I'm studying business management and marketing at uni, can't wait for it to be over but keep panicking about what I'll do when I'm no longer a student haha!

That's a really good idea, Fran! I think I'll do that haha call it the emergency humaniser kit hahaha

Welcome in, Jenstar...you couldn't have joined a better group, everyone here is luvverly!

Ouch, expensive shop. I've just made soup but it needs to cool down. We are on the tap dancing course and mum's looking up shoes! Super excited.

So glad you are back mandy, you can get that gain gone. The walking will help too! How are the kids?

I did tap dancing when I was little and my sister did, she performed with a theatre group in various shows over the years

No clue for the middle one though. As for the younger one reward chart? A sticker for each night she stays in her room, eats her dinner etc? We all love sticker rewards afterall!

Ew jenstar that sounds dry! Go to your careers advisor, they are there to help you :) food diary really does make you stick to it.

Soup was, onion, garlic, celery, carrot, tonnes tomatoes, stock, mixed beans, soup pasta, mixed herbs, chilli and seasoning. Was awesome, plenty for tomorrow too.

Christie I'm working on not crashing into everyone and falling on the floor. shoes are ordered and on their way!

Hi there hope I can join in on this group. I'm 24 and just started back on SW after Christmas. Did it before and had great success but then stopped doing it for a while and went back up not the full amount I lost but still up. Back on track now so hoping for a good weigh in next Tuesday. Doing a green day today so had homemade soup for lunch and I'm stuffed after it :)

Hey Okenna and Jemstar, this place is awesome for motivation!

Mandy, I'm in eurozone too. SO SO fricking expensive here for SW, I mean in Ireland, £4.95 does not equal €9! Thats alot of money to spend to go get weighed! :O

Well, I'm being good again today.. LOL! I ate one pink and white for 2.5syns. I'm feeling peckish now so dinner may go on soon to get it out of the way! I think I'll have
an orange and yoghurt in the meantime to keep me going though, there's no chocolate in the house to be tempted with!

Hi okenno and jemstar!! Welcome!

Hi everyone else, it's FRIDAY tomorrow!!! Woohoo!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi there hope I can join in on this group. I'm 24 and just started back on SW after Christmas. Did it before and had great success but then stopped doing it for a while and went back up not the full amount I lost but still up. Back on track now so hoping for a good weigh in next Tuesday. Doing a green day today so had homemade soup for lunch and I'm stuffed after it :)

Hi okenno! What soup did you have? Ive just made the butternut squash one from the sw website. Yum!

Welcome jester!!! Goodluck!!!

Girls. Could someone work out the syns in the following for me........

Xx

Attachments

• image-4087667344.jpg
    image-4087667344.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 49
Hi everyone - mind if I join?!
I'm 25, I'm an English Teacher and I rejoined SW on Saturday. I'm loving the plan and have been 100% so far (the English GCSE was this week and work has been super stressful - 100% is an achievement)! I can't wait for group to find out if I've lost, nervous too!

Back