20 somethings

Did someone say Smash Pizza?! I LOVE it! It honestly has become a guilty pleasure of mine. The key is to bake the base for around 30 minutes on one side, until it starts to curl, and then bake the other side for about 10 minutes until it's all crispy, and then top it all off. The puree makes it a bit soggier, which is why you need it crispy to start with :D

Well I'm doing well...only had half a syn today though, but I'm not hungry right now. No doubt hubby will be in from his darts match in a little bit and will start eating, which will make me hungry lol

Well done to everyone who's lost, and to those who are struggling with STS's and tiny losses, it'll all work out if you keep at it xx

how did you manage to hurt yourself so badly?

Don't worry, I'll be injuring everyone on monday! haha. He does lose weight, but he does it by going over board instead of following the plan. he's a silly man. every week I ask him if he wants me to get him some chocolate for his drawer, and he says no, then he goes steals mums. We have hidden her stash again now. lol. he'd never take mine or Nate's though.

Morning!
I am soooo tired. Hubby didn't get in until 3am, and I'm the sort that can never sleep until everyone is home.
Today is cleaning day...so will be busy all morning trying to get the house resembling a clean one lol. Seems I have no time to clean with Fia's playgroup and this week has been really busy.

I fancied some poached eggs and toast for breakfast but I forgot to buy eggs. Sucks! Suppose I'll just have some fruit for now and pop to the shops in a while.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Ohhh Mandy! That's very kind. I'd be asleep!

Slimming world fry up this morning. Only no 1/3 superfree. What to do? OH doesn't like mushrooms or grilled toms. Is this really bad? Also, anyone know the syns on ww sausages? Thick pork ones!

Much love. Hope you all have a good day. Weekends can't half test you eh!

X

Your tap dancing sounds fab fran! I'd love to try something like that.
I was sat on the sofa and had tucked the curtains onto the window sill to keep the cold out and while adjusting how I was sitting I managed to hit the back of my head on the corner of the window sill. Quite an impressive lump there this morning! what a clumsy tool!

Aww Mandy are u able to have a nap in the day or failing that an early night tonight to make up for it? I desperately need to clean the house but just can't be arsed! Mighty find some enthusiasm later on!

Ooh I love sw fry ups Sammie! Can you not have the tomatoes and mushrooms even if your oh doesn't like them? I sometimes mix tinned tomatoes with my bakes beans to add to the super free or sometimes instead of beans! I love tinned tomatoes, have been known to eat an entire tin with a spoon throughout the day as snacks!

Had such a lazy morning, had a fairly early night but woke up normally alarm time 6.15am then back to sleep, rudely awoken by the postman at 9am and still managed to drop off again until almost 12! Oops! Made mike breakfast (lunch?!) in bed and a coffee now on the sofa in my jarmas :) think I'm going to do a little food shop today and do the paprika chicken for tea that skinny posted the other week.
We had an amber weather warning for snow overnight and woken up to light drizzle :/ glad it's not snow but you'd think with all the technology now it's harder to get it so wrong so often!
Watched The Iron Lady last night, highly recommended, brilliant film and meryl Streep is fantastic in it. Only ever known her in mama Mia and I despise that so she's managed to change my opinion of her!

Hope you all have nice days x

Hi everyone, haven't fully caught up, hope you are all well.

Slept so soundly last night, really needed it I was shattered after the week!

Hey Ive just joined and am attempting to do SW at home. Can anyone join this group? Im 24 and would like support from people my own age! I dont know how Im going to juggle still going out with my friends with sticking to my SW plan and lose weight. Any advice would be appreciated! xx

Welcome ninz x

Yay! 3.5lb down! Now with a week until my next wi and my birthday im going to do it 100% and hope for a loss to combat any gains on my birthday!

Woo hoo WTO Christie x

Weighed in. Meeting is about to start. Lost 4lbs!

Yay well done fran, well deserved tho x

Hi all, going to be joining you guys! I'm 26, so nice to have people around my own age to relate to. Hoping to rejoin SW either tonight or tomorrow, depending on motivation!

Right now very much on a budget as my OH is a student and I'm unemployed, but going to do the best I can. Less money = less snacks I can afford, right?! :p

Welcome Hun x

*slinks in with tail between legs*

Hi girls. Sorry I went MIA... I have no excuse really, apart from falling off the wagon major style. I've put 1st2lb back on, bringing me back up to 15st1lb, which is killing me! But this is day one of the New Year for me, and I'm back on it.

Will you take me back? lol

Welcome back Mandy, a few of us were MIA for a while me included but glad to be back x

3.5lbs OFF! Thrilled and stunned! Christmas weight gone plus a bit more. Back on track!

Just waiting for group to start. Lots of new members.

Well done u x

Whoop 4 lbs off this week if I can get two off next that's all the Christmas weight off

Yay well done Hun x

Morning all!
Hope you get in.and have fun ciara! Do you know who the guests are?

Well done Laura! Sounds like you're well in the zone

I weighed in this morning 1.5lbs down, I know thats ok but bit disappointed its not more for a 100% week after Christmas! 1lb to go to get my Christmas/New year gain off x

Well done Scarlett the rest of the gain will be gone and more next week x

Hi everyone, hope you're doing well :)

I'm hoping I can join the 20 somethings team?! I'm 22 and finishing uni this year. I started Slimming World back in May and am enjoying the plan, but I feel I've wasted a lot of weeks where I've gained a pound or two or stayed the same. :sigh: So I'm looking to this forum for a bit of extra motivation really.. I put on 3lb over Christmas and have been struggling to get back in to it- went to class last night and lost 1/2 a pound. I have eaten out a couple of times this week so that probably didn't help!! :rolleyes:

Anyway last night I sat and planned my whole week food wise- I usually do Extra Easy, but decided to mix it up with a green and original day as well. I know a few people on here think having a variety gives you a boost? I'll see how it goes!

Hope you all have a good day x

Welcome jenstar x

Hi there hope I can join in on this group. I'm 24 and just started back on SW after Christmas. Did it before and had great success but then stopped doing it for a while and went back up not the full amount I lost but still up. Back on track now so hoping for a good weigh in next Tuesday. Doing a green day today so had homemade soup for lunch and I'm stuffed after it :)

Welcome x

Hi everyone - mind if I join?!
I'm 25, I'm an English Teacher and I rejoined SW on Saturday. I'm loving the plan and have been 100% so far (the English GCSE was this week and work has been super stressful - 100% is an achievement)! I can't wait for group to find out if I've lost, nervous too!

Welcome x

Just weighed in!! I've lost 3lbs!! so really happy with that, bigger loss than expected, tend to normally have a big loss 1st week, n then stick to 1-2lb loss the following weeks (minus the odd hiccup)

Well done misshappy that's fab x

Hi ladies. Happy weekend, some fabulous losses this week and so deserved :) I've been so tired this week hence no visits was so glad it was Saturday today!! Been 100% on plan and have eaten so much fruit and drunk so much water this week, I e been peeling for England. Can't wait to get on the scales on Tuesday!

Had a lovely slow chilled morning but gotta pop to the shops Ll my super free has been and gone! X

Oh I just had a wonderful afternoon nap and when I woke up hubby had dinner ready. Oven baked bacon with herbs along with garlic SW chips and mixed veg. Delish!

Guess my walk with the doggy has gone out the window as I don't like to be out and about in the dark up here...it's very country lane-ish here and having been accosted by one group of drunken non-nationals, I don't relish it happening again.

No fizzy drinks is working well. I'm sitting here with a pint of apple and pear squash (the only one I really enjoy) and half of it went in one go after dinner...that bacon was salty! lol

Jo -- it's great to hear you having such a good week! I'm going to have to make a serious dent in the fruit I bought soon. I'm just more of a veggie person and the only fruit I really enjoy is (yep, you guessed it) pear, and since I only bought them Thursday, I'll have to wait another few days for them to go soft lol

Scarlett -- did you find your enthusiasm? I kicked mine out after the big clean this morning. I hate washing floors! Epecially now that I have two dogs!

Hi all thought I'd pop in, just getting used to the forum and posting in a few threads. Can't believe the amazing willpower I read on here hah.

Anyway I'm 23, student so this seems to be the thread for moi. Start on Thurs, first weigh in Wed eeek. Hope you're all having a great weekend :D

Thanks! :D

Hello Laura. Welcome! If you are anything like me, you will find the ladies on here soooo helpful! Are you a uni student? Difficult to diet! Xx

Hi Laura and welcome!

No Mandy I didn't :( I did go and do the food shop, go to the bank, do some other errands then been cooking since 5. Making some of the paprika chicken that skinny legs posted on here last week, for dinner tonight, also doing a huge pan of pork and paprika one pot from a sw mag last year. Had it loads when it first came out and not had it for ages, made enough to do a dinner maybe a couple of lunches for me.
Right dinner time and my tummys rumbling, see you later! Xx

Last edited:
Hello all you lovelys, sorry I disappeared for ages! I keep doing a vanishing act when there's lots going on but have been meaning to get back on here!! Hope you all had a fab Christmas and happy new year to yous all!! Haven't had a proper catch up as there is literally about 100 pages haha, look forward to a good old catch up with you beauties and hello to all the newies aswell!! There is lots of you!! :D xxxxx

Seems like everyone is out of hiding now! Yays!

Well today I went for lunch with the oh and some friends.. Had scrambled eggs on brown wholemeal toast and tea.. So both hexs

I stole three chips from my oh and had 10g butter so i'm counting that as 7 syns just incase..

Had a 2 syn hot chocolate and .5 syn muller light when i got home with oranges and blueberries for my superfree.. Need to get some salad in with dinner to balance things out..

I washed my make up brushes and also cleaned out make up bag.. I've 5 body lotions I need to get rid of!

Hi welshie, good luck for Wednesday :) a lot of us weigh on a Wednesday, myself included. You posted on my pictures thread earlier too :) so hello again

Scarlet well done on doing lots of cooking. I had an easier day of it because mum did a lot of prepping. I told her not to and now her hand is sore (she had a biopsy yesterday) she never listens.

We got loads of hail earlier, caused some flooding, the river in town is so swollen it is scary. But Nate had his hair cut and looks more like a boy. I got another 8 Turkish delight mullerlights too. There are 17 sat in the fridge right now. :D anyone else tried them yet?

Ok, now I need to reply to posts on the previous page as I can't retain anything!

Back