20 somethings

Welcome allison. Jess speaks the truth, it is free and filling. hurrah. :)

Thanks mandy, and well done for having such a good week :)

Tata, glad work is going well, and well done for picking a good option.

I posted a longer reply but my phone deleted it :(

Jess, I hope they take her tonsils out soon. poor little lovey.

Well tap class was fun, got home and my air fryer finally arrived, with torn packaging and the item smashed to pieces. I've contacted the seller offering to send her photos, that the packaging was insufficient for the product, she didn't think to pop it in a box or anything, one layer of bubble wrap and one layer of brown paper? silly cow. I've said I expect a full refund and if she won't send one i will go through the official ebay channels and her rating will take a hit. So annoyed! what's more I will have to package it properly and post it back (and it is really heavy!) or I will have to take it to the tip. GRRR!

Oh p.s. Thanks for all the well wishes ladies... It really was apprechiated
Glad your first day is going well!! X
Welcome allison. Jess speaks the truth, it is free and filling. hurrah. :)

Thanks mandy, and well done for having such a good week :)

Tata, glad work is going well, and well done for picking a good option.

I posted a longer reply but my phone deleted it :(

Jess, I hope they take her tonsils out soon. poor little lovey.

Well tap class was fun, got home and my air fryer finally arrived, with torn packaging and the item smashed to pieces. I've contacted the seller offering to send her photos, that the packaging was insufficient for the product, she didn't think to pop it in a box or anything, one layer of bubble wrap and one layer of brown paper? silly cow. I've said I expect a full refund and if she won't send one i will go through the official ebay channels and her rating will take a hit. So annoyed! what's more I will have to package it properly and post it back (and it is really heavy!) or I will have to take it to the tip. GRRR!
So jealous you're doing tap dancing, I did tap dancing for 6 years and loved it but stopped eventually and miss it loads! X

Thanks, just a bit worried for a second. Although did just find a Food Optimising Guide for Subway on the Lifeline site, which has also helped, said turkey breast and ham were free, so think I can relax. Just means I've inadvertently switched to an EE day today.

Mmm subway! Well done on making a good choice, the meatball marinara is amazing!! Haha xx

Welcome Allison x

Glad tap dancing was fun fran :) shame about the actifry tho Hun x

Glad first day going well Tata :) x

Poor little girls jess hope she gets sorted soon x

Well a day off for me today has been grand. Was meant to be at an induction morning for extra shifts but it cancelled. No going out in the snow for me today so been nice and cosy watching tv. Another day on plan with leftover gammon for tea just need to decide what to have with it! X

Hey girlies! It's so lovely having Mandy and Jess back! Welcome to all our new joiners, too!

I'm feeling pretty horrendous today. I was off plan yesterday for my sister's birthday and I baked her a grasshopper cake (as in the cocktail, not the insects). It had peppermint buttercream, ganache made with double cream and the mix had milk in it - I don't normally eat dairy so my stomach just revolted over it last night. It's still really sore today.

I had a lovely weekend with my mum and my uncle. After my mission across London to stock my brother's fridge I joined them in the pub for a couple of vodka and Diet Cokes. We got up early on Saturday morning and did an 8 mile walk in the parks around Hampton Court Palace - we did it in 1hr 45mins so we did a good pace! We saw The Hobbit with my Nanna in the afternoon and then home for pesto pasta with bacon, mushrooms and red pepper for dinner.

Sunday was my 'little' sister's 23rd birthday so it all went a bit off piste. I spent the morning baking her birthday cake (it's basically a chocolate sponge with a layer of After Eights and peppermint buttercream in the middle, covered in ganache made with double cream, golden syrup and chocolate - not very SW friendly!) and then madness descended as 20 of my family showed up for lunch! My uncle made a chicken and chorizo risotto, which would have been fine if he hadn't smothered it in olive oil! Heaven knows how many syns it ended up as. I had to try the cake too. I don't think I was too naughty in terms of overall calories for the day but I wouldn't know where to start with syns!

I had a jitter-inducing e-mail from the recruiters asking me about my availability for interview. They haven't sifted through the application statements yet so that wasn't an invitation or sign of success. They're either interviewing on Friday or Monday! So soon!!! Feeling a little bit sick with nerves. Trying to organise a mock interview ahead of time but that doesn't give me many days to do it.

Sorry to hear about the ActiFry, Fran. :( Loving the new (old) picture!

hiiii

so the snow has completely messed up my plans for today! i was going to start my couch to 5k but everywhere i look is snow and i just have visions of me falling over if i try and attempt it =[ i feel so gutted because i can only do certain days and you have to do it 3 times a week and now with me not being able to do it i feel i have lost out on a day and i cant just do it twice so i will have to start properly starting from monday next week =[

Holly, you can have it cross over weeks. I didn't do it so it exactly matched the normal week or the sw week, i just counted 7 days from when I started. Snow isn't a problem. blimming ice is. Love snow Hate ice.

Emily that cake sounds EPIC. yum yum yum. send me a piece? (haha, i typed pieces!)

Jess, look for a class near you. Ours is just at the local theatre, a beginners adult class. pretty informal, but fun. people were impressed I had tap shoes (they were only £13) lol. I'm sure there must be something going on by you if they have something here!

I am super disappointed about the actifry. I've sent the seller a message, now I just have to wait for a response. I bet I will have to go through ebay customer service, I only contacted her because it says to do that first. it is £72 for a broken box of plastic. Silly woman posting it.

Hi everyone!!

Just catching up whilst having a nice radox bubble bath - we were all told to leave work when the kids did so ive an extra 2 hours at home tonight...bliss! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Emily the cake does sound totally gorgeous!! Did your sister love it? Fran I'm literally going to search the Internet tonight for tap classes cos I really loved it! Camz bath sounds lush!!! I'm going to get a relaxing bath when girls go to bed! Can't wait, you can tell you're sad when you are excited for a bath :p x

Emily the cake does sound totally gorgeous!! Did your sister love it? Fran I'm literally going to search the Internet tonight for tap classes cos I really loved it! Camz bath sounds lush!!! I'm going to get a relaxing bath when girls go to bed! Can't wait, you can tell you're sad when you are excited for a bath :p x

It really was, so excited as I'm now having a muller light in my onesie on the couch...trying to tide myself over til tea time!! Xxx

Freezing outside but no snow here, cuddled up in my oh's jumper which is suprisingly big on me considering how much more than him I weigh lol strange

Having some homemade burgers with bacon, mushrooms, onions and cheese and boiled baby potatoes yum not sure whether I will have them in a roll or not yet, probs wont

Awwww Fran! What was that woman thinking?! You will most probably have to go through ebay to get your money back, and I would definitely leave some negative feedback too! Grrr. I've gotten lots of stuff through ebay and luckily never came across anything badly packaged.

It really was, so excited as I'm now having a muller light in my onesie on the couch...trying to tide myself over til tea time!! Xxx
Sounds bliss! I love onesies although find them annoying when I need a wee haha xx
Had a savage day today.. I just need to eat a lot of superfree this afternoon...

Jess your picture looks amazing in the SW mag!
Thanks tata! Hope your first day went well! X
Freezing outside but no snow here, cuddled up in my oh's jumper which is suprisingly big on me considering how much more than him I weigh lol strange

Having some homemade burgers with bacon, mushrooms, onions and cheese and boiled baby potatoes yum not sure whether I will have them in a roll or not yet, probs wont
Tea sounds lush! X

Yay to an early finish camz :)

Emily i agree with the other ladies that cake sounds amazing dont think i would have been able to resist!

Hope first day was fab tata and the superfree helped.

Have just put tea on having cheese and pot pie and cabbage with the gammon. Im staaaarving! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins

I was meant to do spag bol but forgot to defrost the mince :( so I'm doing diet coke chicken YAAAAAY with cous cous and salad. Wish moi luck x

Hi everyone, going to weigh myself tomorrow (first weigh in!). Need to go back and read all the pages now as I have lots to catch up on.

x

Haha I probs wouldnt worry about catching up sometimes its just too much, although I always read everything I miss, takes me hours sometimes

Back