20 somethings

Middy, I don't think you stand much chance of catching up..by the time you get through all the posts already here, there will be a hundred more new ones lol

I'm going to have Tesco frozen southern fried chicken and SW chips for dinner, with peas...no SF, I'm feeling rebellious haha and I do LOVE chips and peas together.

Syns online says Tesco southern fried chicken fillet frozen are 4 syns each, but I entered the info into the calculator and that says it's 7 syns... never trust what you're reading, always double check!

I'm Beci, and I'm 22 on Jan 22nd. I joined SW a week ago, my first weigh in is on Wednesday. I'm 6 foot tall and 18st 10lbs to start, though hopefully after a week, I'm not that anymore :p I really want to get down to 13st 2lbs, as that is apparently the upper limit to put me into a healthy BMI range for my height. I am happy being at the top end of the range because I'm naturally very curvy and wouldn't want to get much smaller. But it's still a long way to go! 5st and 8lbs! I can do it!
My teacher training starts in September, so I really want to drop as much as I can towards my goal by then.

Welcome beci! And best of luck on your weightloss journey! How are you finding it?
Hope everyone's having a nice night, god it's snowing like crazy here, will be ice mayhem in the morning! What does it take for schools to close? I get so scared going out in the ice :( xx

I'm Beci, and I'm 22 on Jan 22nd. I joined SW a week ago, my first weigh in is on Wednesday. I'm 6 foot tall and 18st 10lbs to start, though hopefully after a week, I'm not that anymore :p I really want to get down to 13st 2lbs, as that is apparently the upper limit to put me into a healthy BMI range for my height. I am happy being at the top end of the range because I'm naturally very curvy and wouldn't want to get much smaller. But it's still a long way to go! 5st and 8lbs! I can do it!
My teacher training starts in September, so I really want to drop as much as I can towards my goal by then.

Hi Beci, and welcome! Quite a few teachers on here (myself included) so if you need any help with your training or anything don't hesitate to ask! Xx

Welcome beci! And best of luck on your weightloss journey! How are you finding it?
Hope everyone's having a nice night, god it's snowing like crazy here, will be ice mayhem in the morning! What does it take for schools to close? I get so scared going out in the ice :( xx

I'm praying for a snow day tomorrow...it's pretty bad in Durham too!!

RARGH my phone keeps killing all my messages. I'm on the laptop now munchkin is in bed. a later bed time for him seen as though he didn't wake from his nap until after 5pm! Lazy bones.

Welcome Beci. It's more than doable to lose 5st 8lbs :) There are loads of teachers on here!

Mandy you rebel! We had burgers, it was delicious. yum yum. had 3 syns today but don't fancy anything. nice and full tum.

Hope you all get snow days :) We don't get snow here :( boo, it's still bloody freezing though. brr.

I'm finding it surprisingly easy so far. Lots of tasty syn free dinners and basically no snacks. I just hope it shows on Wednesday when I go to weigh in.

Also, it's pretty cool that there are lots of other teachers here. What do you guys teach?

Everything crossed for you!! Haha, you might be able to keep that onesie on and have a duvet day! X

I should be so lucky, I leave for work at 7am - will be halfway there by the time they make a decision! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Update on the actifry, she says when I email the pictures (which I had offered to do when i messaged her) she'll give me the full refund and she will go through the courier people for damaging it to such an extent and asked if she did it right away could I leave either positive or no feed back rather than neutral. Muahaha. The fear of the feedback.

Miranda is on, yay!

Hello all, been absent. Gave the blood yesterday, was really faint after it, had to lie down twice while i was there, was pretty embarassed but it happens. Also got a bruise, every side effect going lol. I felt weak when I got home last night so went totally off plan. Very off plan! But I needed it.

Hi Beci, I'm a teacher too :)

I've never had a snow day, doesn't snow and stick enough around here! Very cold though.

Hope you are all well, haven't fully kept up but read quite a bit!

Oh Fran love the pic by the way!

I'm not normally queasy or anything, and I was fine the whole way through but a few minutes after I sat at up I had to lie down, and then i thought I was fine and i got over to the juice and biscuits and I went fuzzy and had to lie down again. I'd do it again, but if the same thing happened I think I'd have to think again! While I was waiting I saw two people feel faint and all I could think was oh I hope thats not me, I think focusing on that probably didn't help haha.

Back on plan and a low syn day so just going to do the same until weigh in and hope that it is ok.

I always get faint after giving blood but I still feel compelled to give blood every 4 months. I'm a nightmare for passing out whenever I see my own blood though!

Evening! Sorry I've not been keeping up today, mum boss was lurking so couldn't come on and off like I would usually!
Welcome to the newbies! I'm not a teacher either but I do work with children- I'm a nanny.
You've reminded me Ciara I need I make my next appointment, was supposed to go in October then wasn't thinking straight and went and got a new tattoo the week before my appointment...whoops! Can donate again in feb, will be my 3rd or 4th I think. God feeling that faint after must be horrible :( poor you xx hope you feel ok soon, seems wrong to feel ill after such a good deed! I usually just get a weird numb pins and needles feeling in my wrist and skin goes a funny colour lol, panicked them rotten the first time but now I know that's normal for me I can reassure them lol. Still help myself to the tea and biccys though, just in case ;) xx

Yeah I can't give it at home in Ireland either, so I feel like I should do it while I'm living here! Yeah next time I do it Scarlett, I'll keep in mind how faint I was and I'll tell them so I take it easy while I'm there. Nice to have the biccies too :)

Hi ally, welcome :)

Hi ladies! Had a hectic last few days but enjoyed them! Friday night I went out for a meal where I wasn't drinking..... and got home at 2:30am after drinking the equivilent of about 3 bottles of wine (I don't remember getting home, one minute I was sat in a bar, the next it was 9:30am and Ben was waking me up lol!) then on saturday bens gran took us out for a meal so i had a starter and a main, then sunday we went to middlesbrough to meet some of bens family and went for sunday dinner and then had an indian take away last night and then had a fry up for breakfast this morning.... so was pleased when I weighed in this evening and found out i'd lost the half a pound I gained last week!! :) no idea how, but very happy with that result! Going to get back on it 100% this week and hopefully get a huge loss next week :) I'm determined!!

Anyway, hope you're all ok and had a lovely weekend! :) xx

Back