20 somethings

I probably missed a fair bit to be honest. brain is rubbish at the moment. you've still not said what's new with you.

Aww Jade you have a good egg there! hehe, well done with your knitting. Loving the PJs. I'll have to upload Nate's blanket when I'm done. It's sewing, embroidery and crochet!

He's not too bad sometimes ;) I'd love to see a picture of the blanket it sounds fab!

Ladies I have just finished doing a Davina McCall workout video and it was so hard!! Feel like I need to go back to bed! I am going for an unplanned meal tonight so felt like I needed some body magic for the unplanned syns.

Well done, Kingsbottom! I'm still trying to work up the courage to give the Shred another go. I tried it at about 16st, and it absolutely destroyed me. I tried it about 15st and it STILL destroyed me, to the point where I would lose power in my legs at odd times for about a week afterwards. I know they say to keep at it, even if you're sore, but I was honestly incapable of movement lol

Mandy you are braver than me - the shred is beyond my realms of fitness I think I'd cry! Davinas DVDs could be worth a try?

Hi Harley! I think it's been quiet round here lately.

I might get more done today. I've done in my sciatic nerve somehow. So I'm hobbling round holding my bum/hip/back. I must look pathetic mum's making lunch. She is coming back to sw a week on Wednesday so it could be a bit of her trying to be more on plan. I'm thinking of doing another 7-say planner, i don't like the recent ones of on the go lunch and stuff because I don't use packet stuff and pre prepared food so it is a bit annoying really. Might have to go through some old ones. Maybe try a full week of red and green. But yep, a literal pain in my arse.

I get sciatica every now and again, Fran. I feel like should be able to pop my hip or something and relieve the pain but it doesn't happen. Resting it is the only thing that helps, and staying away from even the slightest heeled shoe. Take it easy!

I made Magic Pancakes for the first time today in a bid to mix up my Hexs. They're delicious, but I'm only halfway through and I'm stuffed! I might put them in the fridge as some sort of dessert for later.

Off for a walk with the OH in a bit. We've got a country park near us that we've never investigated so we're going to have a little march round it!

Sciatica is horrible. I totally feel your pain!

So, I just arranged to have a night out on March 9th with the girls from Uni, who I haven't seen since we graduated in July. My goal was to drop another 10lbs by march 27th, but now i'm wondering if I could do it by March 9th... it seems quite tough, 10lbs in 3 weeks.. but then that's what I did in my first 3 weeks on the plan. So maybe if I picked up the exercise. The only problem is I work 48 hours a week so I'm always so tired and can never get motivated to work out!

Beci, I feel like my hours are leading to me not doing body magic but I think its just an excuse on my part.

Me and OH are going for a long walk today and tomoro in order to help things along...

Having a good day today, had a fab look around the homeware sections of everywhere to look for
new stuff for my house!

Think I'm going to go and buy some material for curtains and cushions for my sitting room, and maybe a nice
material for a tablecloth for my kitchen! Wondering how to match in some nice throws for my house. I also need some new candles
as well... Ooohhhh so much money!

I'm sure if you try really hard Beci, you'll shift at least the bulk of that! Although kicking up the exercise may lead to slower losses at first... it's tricky!

Fran, poor you! Let your Mum and Dad do the work and you lay down and relax.

Tata, I'm dying to redo my living room. I want to change it from deep purple and grey, to green and gold. But as you said...sooo much money!

I've never actually tried the magic pancakes. Wouldn't be worth my while trying them now, as I have no taste..again. Had a pork casserolle for dinner, which by all accounts was lovely, but I couldn't taste it at all.

Hey ladies,

Thought I would pop in and say hello!

Since I was last on I have had no losses but have STS which is great as I have been off plan but eating sensibly so at least I must have taken something on board....

I have also made the decision to stop going to group, I have always felt like I need the scare of a public WI to keep me going but I just don't enjoy going to my group and found I was clock watching and it felt like I was wasting my money so have decided to stick to it at home and put the £5 a week to one side and hope for the best, I'll miss Rocky Road HIFI bars but I think I can do it :)

Also hope you feel better soon Fran, sounds like what I had earlier in the year and I know how painful that is so rest, take some strong pain killers if you can and get better soon x

Yay star x I think u will be fine at home doing it, if uve manage to sts while being off plan then I think you pretty much have it in ur mindset already x

Emily, poor you! I don't think i've had it before. Taking it easy isn't an option with a toddler I'm afraid. I did go lie down when he had his nap though. and I've just stayed in the house (barefoot) no tap on monday as it is half term, hoping it'll be better before the next class! I will make sure to take flats with me on wednesday though, thanks for the tip. Magic pancakes are fab, I try not to make them too often because they are SO filling. I did them this week and had honey on them, next time I'm going to put on golden syrup as that's what I really wanted and I think it is the same syn value. Hope you had a nice walk :) working off the pancakey goodness ;)

beci you are doing really well, how about just trying to work in a little extra activity than going flat out with exercise. A good dance around with Nate and the vacuum cleaner still counts as body magic, as did our cleaning out the quails (if you doubt it you should count the trips I had to take to the compost heap with buckets of poopy sawdust, other trips to the taps to fill up their water feeders, and other trips carrying massive bags of sawdust and straw - why the quail enclosure got put so far from all 3 and all 3 in different directions I do not know!) But yeah, it doesn't have to be hardcore :)

Have fun shopping tata. Are you going to make the curtains yourself? how was your walk? you will be looking lovely in those engagement pictures soon enough!

Ooh, Mandy I love grey and purple... I'd like a lounge that was grey and contrast it with bright colours like orange and green and pink. I'm a bit odd. haha. Dad's been laying tiles in the garage conversion so he is busy enough. mum told me to leave the washing up and she'd do it in the morning(!) but I figure I might as well do it. Stupid bum pain. Lol. I'd love to know how I did it. The NHS site said rest is good but to keep active as well so trying to balance it out. Nate doesn't like me sitting still. Lol. I got a boat to the eye/nose earlier. It made me cry! and he felt so bad, his poor little face, I knew he didn't mean to hurt me so I didn't tell him off, although mum did say "you've hurt mummy now! look what you've done!" he climbed up onto my lap and gave me a cuddle and looked so sad and sorry. bless him. So he did let me sit down for a bit... albeit with him and whatever book he wanted me to read on my lap. The pancakes are yummy, I hope you get your taste back. Is this the same cold as before?

HEY STAR! yeah, if you're not getting anything from group it is best to not go and do the plan from home rather than stay at group, get annoyed with group and then with the plan and eating cake. It's great you have STS rather than gaining :) I'd be putting on half a stone a month. I'm just too naughty to be self disciplined! I've got Ibrupofen, I'm a bit rubbish on strong painkillers, they make me pass out and be really groggy, which isn't good with our wee escape artist. It seems everyone's had this before. I said to mum it was bloody typical I get it after losing some weight!

Ah fran I hope you feel better soon dearie..

Yeah, plan to make the curtains and cushions myself and then get some of them really expensive looking tie backs! I'd do the whole house given half the chance!

Just seen beautiful creatures at the cinema for date night.. It was really good! I also stayed within my syns! Delighted with myself today!

hey harley, soak a heb (35g) of porridge oats in a vanilla muller light overnight. in the morning beat one or two eggs mix in the oats, then fry a couple of tablespoons of the mix into a scotch pancake size blob in frylight (buttery is best), when you can see some air bubbles after a couple of minutes flip them and cook for another minute. repeat until all the mix is used up. Some people add extra sweetener and vanilla extract but i don't think it needs it. Serve with whatever you like, I like it with raspberries and golden syrup. yum.

Well done Tata. I never eat in the cinema now, just because I'd rather watch the film! It seems weird to eat in the cinema now.

Cushions I can do. Curtains always seem really difficult. No doubt I'll be making them when I move though. After I have found and unpacked the sewing machine! Nearly completed one square of Nate's blanket (I have done all the central squares already) woop.. only 8 more to do. Got back in the crochet rhythm now though so It should be a bit quicker now.

Hey guys, 1.5 off for me this week :) 2st 3.5lbs in total!

Quick question! Does anyone find that if they do 2/3 superfree that they have a better weightloss? Wanna try and have a really good loss this week!!

Thank Fran and CH :)

I am going to do my best, I am having a bit of a blow out this weekend for Valentines (we had the marks meal and 2 bottles of cava last night) and we're having a full roast with all the trimmings and a pud today but from tomorrow it's back on track. I have a wedding to go to on the first may bank holiday weekend and want to get myself to the low 14's so I will use that to keep me going.

Anyone else have much planned for today? x

Back