20 somethings

Star are you flexi-synning it, or just taking a day off? Either way as long as you get back on track right away then you'll be fine. :D

Ooh lovely. So long as you are careful round Easter you should manage that :)

We are having sw roast. It is fab for me as I don't even have gravy (yuck). Nate managed to bust his lip earlier and my back keeps going from ok to very painful. It is lovely out and I really want to go for a walk :( I might do some painting with Nate this afternoon as I'm not cooking :) I just need to make my back better really :( I'm still 100% for lent though :) despite my parents' cake run last night. Hoping my back will be better now! I can't really find any useful advice other than keep mobilized and rest it and take anti inflamitaries. Grumble. I need good news sometime soon

I finally made the Smash garlic pizza bread last night - I think it needed a little longer in the oven but even the OH gave it a thumbs up!

Harley, I was dubious about the pancakes but they were really lovely! I always have the big bags of frozen berries in my freezer so that's what I had as my SF with them. I ended up making a stack of teenie ones (1 dessert spoon was about the size of a rich tea biscuit) as they were easier to flip. I used a Mullerlight Banana and Custard yoghurt and they were definitely sweet enough.

Today is another mixing up of my Hexs. I'm starting with a bacon sandwich on wholemeal bread and using some of my milk allowance to make up bread sauce with dinner. I also haven't serial weighed at all this week so I'm hoping it works some magic!

Hi Harley, I am just having the weekend off, I haven't really followed the plan properly for a couple of weeks, or rather I haven't been counting syns but have been trying to make good choices and lots of super free, but I will be much more careful from next week to reduce the very tasty damage of this weekend and try to start to lose again rather than maintain.

I will be ok come Easter as I have made it clear to everyone, if you buy me an easter egg it's going in the bin haha!! I know that sounds harsh but my weight is a real issue for me, being overweight does make me feel uncomfortable about how I look so it stops me doing so much, so I know that I need to be sefish and say no :)

All I really need to do now is figure out which day I should do my WI on to keep me on track...I used to go to a group on Thursdays but found that I felt like I could 'cheat' over the weekend as I had the week to bring it back so I am thinking Monday or Tuesday mornings to help me at the weekend as that's the hardest time for me.

Lyrically, where did you get the smash garlic bread pizza idea from?? That sounds so nice and I'd love to make it..

Confession time :(

I literally ate my weight in naughtiness last night because I felt sorry for myself. I had a Chinese (shredded chilli chicken, chips, curry sauce and boiled rice), and then I had some popcorn, a pack of crisps, a treat size bar, and some chocolate cheesecake.

Dammit!!!

It seemed like such a good idea at the time, and I even managed to TASTE the Chinese, so I don't fully regret that after days of no tastebuds, but the sweets that followed? I couldn't taste them, but couldn't resist them either. Why do I do this to myself? And after my flexi-day on Thursday for Valentine's I'm sure to gain this week. Bah!

Don't worry Mandy, you may have a small gain this week but you know you can get it off again the week after or you might just be lucky and STS or have a small loss.

At least you know what's happened and you can draw a line under it, are you doing ok today?

I can't offer any advice other than don't beat yourself up over it xx

I used this website - I've seen a few people on here make pizza bases out of Smash so I thought I'd give it a go for Garlic Bread. I used a 20cm round cake tin and 2 servings of Smash with half the amount of water (I have a tub of Smash crystals) - it took over half an hour and I should have done it for longer really. It tasted like a potato smiley/waffle which is no bad thing but I think it should have been crispier.

Mandy is probably our woman for this - she's a Smash pizza fan!

Thank you for the link, that sounds AMAZING :) I am going to be making that as I want to try and find some new things to use to convince OH to join me full time with SW and not just for our tea as it'll make my life easier for both of us and hopefully it'll help me lose more as there will be less temptations around :) xx

Thanks Star. I just have to stop catching colds and flu! I find that I don't lose anyway when I'm ill, so I suppose I got into the "sod it" mindset last night. C'est la vie. I'll put in a really, REALLY good week and lose lots by the time I WI next time!

Smash Pizza, mmmm. Yeah I use a whole packet of smash (the cheap Tesco one has changed now from flakes to powder, and the powder sticks! Now I use Knorr, which is flakes, but any other type of smash flakes is good), with very little water, so it turns into a kind of dough. I spray the hell out of an oven tray, or pizza dish, and then press it all down as thinly as I can. I put it into the oven for about 30 mins until the edges start to curl, and then flip it over and do the other side until it's nice and crispy, because when you add the puree it helps to soften it up again. Then I'll add my toppings and cook again for ten mins until the cheese starts to brown. Yum, yum. I use the Tesco bag of grated mozzarella and it works out at 7 syns per quarter pizza, for the cheese. Some people say to syn the smash, but I don't as it's part of a main meal, and my Consultant says you only need to syn it if it's for snacks or treats.

Thanks Mandy, that's really helpful, reminds me why I love this site as everyone is in the same boat and so helpful.

I love the thought that I could pretty much make it syn free if I use my HEX of cheese and put any SF veggies etc on it as toppings, can't wait to have this.

Well done for mixing up your healthy extras :) I try working them into my meals more so I remember to have them! Next week is from one of the magazines. quite a lot of fish and chicken and pasta and potato... lets hope it shifts some weight. sounds like you are doing fab though :) I get frozen raspberries, so handy and yum. we get the mixed fruit too, somehow I always get left with all the black currents which are really bitter.

Star, you could ask them to donate a couple of quid to a charity instead, there are always charity boxes about. :)

Mandy, how about a few days of red/green or success express? Remember how good you felt with those great loses when you feel tempted to go off piste, or treating yourself with non-food things, like some me-time with a nice hot bath or a book, or some new yarn. I have gotten myself an embroidery book and a little kit recently, the kit was for doing 100% January. It's keeping me busy too :) Most of all don't beat yourself up for things that have passed. You can't change what has happened so beating yourself up won't do you any good. You've done so well, I know you can kick any gain up the bum :D

I've just gotten myself a copy of Paul McKenna's "Easy Weightloss" hypnosis. I just need a little boost, I think, and he could be the boost I need. In fairness, I've been at this since Sept. 2011, and if I had just knuckled down and done it right I'd be at target by now, which upsets me, and sends me off too. I suppose I'm an emotional eater. I eat when I'm bored, when I'm watching a movie, when I'm upset, and most of all, I use food as social interaction. My friend invites me to lunch, the kids and hubby are watching a movie...we need food. Things like that. It's a real shame that I'm not a fan of raw veg, or I could munch on celery or carrot sticks. Not very fond of fruit either, actually, and that's what makes this so hard for me. But I am determined, I do want to lose the weight, and all my reasons for doing so have not changed. I just need to remind myself of why I'm doing this. And I'm hoping the hypnosis will do the trick. It's gotten amazing reviews, and I've actually downloaded the Stop Smoking For Good one too....go me!

Good luck with it Mandy, I hope it works for you, it's great that you know your triggers so hopefully you can use them to get you where you want to be.

I feel exactly the same, I started last June and if I had just stuck with it there would be so much less of me!! I know you should never compare but one girl at the group I was going to started 3 weeks before me and got her 4.5 stone award at the start of the year and I am staying around 1st loss, I just think how that could have been me.

We'll do it though :)

Harley, I was dubious about the pancakes but they were really lovely! I always have the big bags of frozen berries in my freezer so that's what I had as my SF with them. I ended up making a stack of teenie ones (1 dessert spoon was about the size of a rich tea biscuit) as they were easier to flip. I used a Mullerlight Banana and Custard yoghurt and they were definitely sweet enough.

Okay I'm sold - what should I use instead of the Muller Light to make it vegetarian? :D

I think if we added up all our losses, and ignored the gains... God, I've probably lost 6st or more.

The Shape lasting satisfaction yogurts with EFP are vegetarian friendly, and syn free. Likewise for the Irish Diet yogurts...

Right THAT'S IT girls!!!!! Honestly, just thinking about how much I've lost, minus the gains, has made me so ANGRY! I am tired of sabotaging myself. I'm tired of constantly feeling as though I'm "missing out" on treats, and then wondering what the hell I wanted it for after I've scoffed it and ruined my whole day, because honestly it didn't do anything for me, and it wasn't as nice as my mind built it up to be! I'm tired of living in track bottoms, PLANNING what I'll wear WHEN I get to target. Cobswollap! I'm done fantasising about getting to target, I'm just going to concentrate on getting there. No more day dreaming about what it will be like. By Christmas, I will be there, and that's that, and then I'll KNOW what it's like.
Who's with me?! No more figging about, no more sabotage! No more giving in, and no more making myself feel guilty. Quite simply, if it's a special occassion, I'm going off plan, but considering between all the birthdays and holidays between now and Christmas, it's only actually, 7 days...one week, off plan, out of 10 months, you can bet your life I'll be at target by or before Christmas.

So honestly and in all seriousness, who's with me?! I say once a day, every day, we all check into a joint food diary, which I will set up for us, and we honestly admit what we've eaten, how much we've drank and what body magic we've done.

And just in case I try to fib to you girls, I'm going to list my "off plan days" here and now.

My daughter's Confirmation - 15th March
My son's birthday - 31st March
Hubby's birthday - 10th May
My daughter's birthday - 1st June
My Mother's birthday - 1st July
My own birthday - 9th July
My youngest daughter's birthday - 12th October

That's it. The next off plan day will be Christmas, and I'll be at Target by then, I swear it!

I have 44 weeks until Target, and 77lb to lose...1.75lb a week will see me there.
Someone join me...I'm talking to myself here...hahaha

Back