20 somethings

Emily keep at it hun, it will add up. My scales kept going up and up, which is probably why I left them alone over the weekend. You know I know how heartbreaking it is, but try to not let you throw you off track hun.

Just got a call from the housing people I'm 23rd on the list for the 4 houses, they are just ringing everyone checking their local connection. Then she will call again if they have to come round to see the house to check the connection and housing need. I'm hoping no one has local connections, but I know one person ahead of me does. Doesn't look like I will get it.

Fingers crossed for you Fran!

It's such a nice day in Leeds so think I am going to go for a wonder a lunch. I don't usually get the chance.

How is everyone else's day shaping up?

Fingers crossed fran I hope you get the house!

Emily, keep the faith, you can do it!

Mandy I'll let you know for sure!

So I serial weighed this morning. Don't know why I did. Scales show a loss but I don't wi until wednesday morning.. So I'm not counting it till then!

Wearing my skinny jeans today to work. Its the first day I've looked at myself and could see i've shaved an inch off.

Fran I meant bad weekend for us both the weekend of mine and nates bday. Also fingers crossed for the house. when will you know?

Kingsbottom It is a lovely day, stuck in the office and it seems the workload is going to go through the roof from tomorrow, so busy few weeks/months.

Emily our bodies can be horrible to us at times, its really irritating because before weigh ins we never would have known how much we had gone up and one day it could be completely differnt to the rest so there are negatives and positives of weighing. However dont worry too much I was 2 pound on last week and by the day after I weighed and was already 1.5 off again so it just depends on day and you should lose it again following week. fingers crossed for you my dear and keep sticking at it x

Not a great start to the day for me. I woke up at 5am this morning with the most excrutiating cramps in my stomach. Ended up in the bathroom, vomiting and diarhea...lovely. Went back to bed and did manage to sleep for a while, but cramps are still coming and going. I guess that's from the naughty food at the weekend. Lesson learned.
Haven't managed to eat anything yet...scared to, actually!, but I'm going to have a cup of tea now, before checking the group and if that stays down, I think I'll venture into the fridge lol

Aw bless mandy ur not well at all are u x luckily for me its just a cold I have now so hopefully be better soon although I do have abnormally large and sore tastebuds and my wisdom tooth pushing through again so some pain in the mouth lol

If you've got a sore mouth, you'll definitely stay on plan haha j/k.... sorry to hear you're not feeling well hun xx

I've added a couple of new topics in the group. If you chat with other people from different threads, and think they could be interested in it, do share it :)

Just had my cup of tea. It's stayed down! Yay!

Oh Christie I feel your wisdom tooth pain!! One that has been a tiny way out for years has started growing (a relief really as it had been really hard to brush!) and I have a new one just pushing through. I bought some Bonjela but it only seems to numb the back of my tongue and does very little for the gum itself! I had a look for those biccypegs, Fran, but no joy in our little Tesco. It's funny that you say your tongue is sore - mine was last week. Maybe it's a wisdom tooth thing. I'm too old to be having this much teething pain! The last tooth started coming through when I was on SW years ago - I think it must be the increase in calcium that triggers it for me!

Thank you muzz, tata and Fran. I will stick with it, it's just annoying that I'm not losing on a clear week where I haven't even had to flexisyn when I know I've got a couple of difficult weekends coming up! As you say, it'll catch up eventually. :grumblegrumble: :D

24th isn't too bad, Fran. Here's hoping there's no other local connections (or only 2 more...) Is this list for any houses that come up ever or is it just these ones? If it's a general list then at least you're on it and will be nearer the top!

Mandy, my body was severely punishing me the other week for eating rich and naughty foods. The cramps were awful! I hope you feel better soon, lovely.

Tata - it's lovely when you can see the difference - and well done for seeing it! I was feeling a bit down in the dumps last night at being stuck at 10st 7ish, but this is 1lb off my second interim target and I would have given anything to be here 4 months ago. It was a good wake up call to remind myself to look at what I've achieved rather than what's left to achieve.

Hello ladies, sorry for being such a stranger! Today is my first day on plan in around 2 weeks, and I have been disgusting with the things I've been eating! So I've decided NO MORE!! I WI tomorrow morning but decided to stop putting it off and get my act together today!

I've got a friend coming to stay tomorrow, and we will be having a few drinks, I'm off round to get some diet mixers to have with some voddy, better than having wine - and I'm making a slimming world lasagne for dinner which is only using my hex A and 1.5 syns, need to sort myself out! Think I will even measure out my booze (if I'm feeling REALLY good haha!)

Anyway ladies - I'm back and planning on being fully on track now! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh Christie I feel your wisdom tooth pain!! One that has been a tiny way out for years has started growing (a relief really as it had been really hard to brush!) and I have a new one just pushing through. I bought some Bonjela but it only seems to numb the back of my tongue and does very little for the gum itself! I had a look for those biccypegs, Fran, but no joy in our little Tesco. It's funny that you say your tongue is sore - mine was last week. Maybe it's a wisdom tooth thing. I'm too old to be having this much teething pain! The last tooth started coming through when I was on SW years ago - I think it must be the increase in calcium that triggers it for me

I have one fully through, two half through and bottom right is not even showing any signs of coming yet, the two that are half through just take in turns to come through a little at a time :/ lol

Hey everyone, just popping in. I've missed lots of chat here! On my half term from work and its great to have the week off. Had a MAJOR room tidy today. We've got mice in our house, and it's just me and one other girl here at the moment and we're not good at emptying the traps!!! Yuck. Caught three so far :(

Got some not so great news. Have a cyst on my ovary, which I know is pretty normal, but it's 18 centimetres. Doctor said its the biggest she's ever come across. So will be needing it out soon. I'm very fortunate that it's not causing me pain and that it's not burst. She's referred me so hopefully soon they'll remove it. I've not been following plan, haven't been binging but also haven't been keeping track because of it. Probably why I've been stuck with my weight loss for the last while. Cancelled my online membership for march for now coz hopefully ill have the surgery in next two weeks and then ill probably be recuperating for a bit so no point in throwing away money. Although at the same time I really don't know what will happen or when so hopefully will hear soon. It's a waiting game!

Hope everyone's good, ye all sound really motivated :) xxx

18cm or 18mm?! You poor love! I'm glad you're not in too much pain. How did they realise something was wrong? I had a cyst nearer the skin that was 8cm long, 3cm deep and 1cm wide and they all seemed to think that was enormous here! I hope it all goes well for you. Will it be keyhole?

It's centimetres Emily! I'm not sure what it will i hope to his out soon! Yeah it's 18 x 9 cm, bloody bog! Well I went to the doctor a month ago because I felt my stomach was too big and bloated, I had thought it was before but thought maybe because input in weight it was like that. But when I lost some weight and it was still feeling big I went to ye doctor just to put my mind at rest. She sent me for blood tests and an ultrasound and this Is what showed up. What happened with yours Emily? The only problems I'm having is that it's stretching across and compressing my kidney valve so I'm peeling a lot, which I never really thought about but I so go a lot!

Hey ladies, thanks for the support :) I'm 24th just for these 4 houses, and that's it for social housing here :( I'm going to have to see if I can be on the Dorset list at the same time as the devon list as there is more housing in lyme regis. It's stupid we have Dorset post code but devon council. It is funny if I walk home I cross counties! For other stuff I'm usually in the 60s or 70s so it is frustrating. I'm just hoping all these other people either find somewhere they can move into before April, can't afford the rent, don't have a local connection etc. I did suggest to the lady she might want to forget to call the others on the list forgetting some people have had their sense of humour removed.

Muzza, it won't be bad for me really. I'll make him a cake and there's a place a few towns over that has zebras and stuff. It is only small but so is Nate. Haha. Just need to work out how to get there. Last year we just went down to the park and he had cake when we got back. And I had A slice instead of half the thing!

Mandy I hope you are feeling better now. Loving the new picture :)

Ciara! That is massive! You'll be at Target when they get that bad boy out! We had a lady who wasn't losing weight, she finally went to the Dr and she ended up having a hysterectomy because her cyst was so huge. She was a lady of a certain age so they may as well I think she said. I think it was 1.5 stones less she weighed post op! So glad you went back and pushed it. I hope it won't cause any perminant damage to your kidneys.

Christie and Emily I hope your teeth feel better soon. I just have one wisdom tooth (i'm not that wise it seems) and periodically it likes to cut me jaw and cheek raw because there isn't enough room for it. Boots and superdrug or any chemist might stock them too. To be honest they were a bugger for us to find but they do help with gnawing, even if they are like wood!

How was your walk jade? My bum was so much better today we had a tromp round the massive garden and threw sticks for the dog it was lovely.

Tata that is great news. I've never worn skinny jeans (could you imagine the sight!) But I bet you felt amazing!

Laura you naughty girl! I thought you were busy getting used to living with your fella not being a naughty slimmer. Tut tut ;) well done for getting control back today. Honest I'd be head deep in junk food until I stepped on the scales so I'm really impressed.

Thanks Fran love! Haha well there has been a bit of that on the go too ;-) he's back to working away today til Friday, so I've a few good days to get cooking and stock up the fridge with SW friendly dishes - have just make a quiche so there's 3 more meals/tomorrow's drunken snack! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know Fran its huge! I didn't go home to Ireland for half term because the doctor said I might even get in this week or it could burst with the seatbelt and the plane and stuff eek. Can't wait to get it out. I've obviously become so accustomed to my stomach looking this way I can't imagine how I will look when this thing has been taken out! I'm never sick or at the doctors or anything so its weird to have something. My dads flying over tomorrow to stay with me for a little while, hopefully something will happen while he's here so I'm not on my own!

Wow, Ciara, Fran's right! You'll end up a few pounds lighter! Bless you.

Before my story scares you, my cyst was a Bartholins cyst so it's quite different to yours! Mine started out quite small so the doctors just sent me away with some antibiotics which didn't do anything (apparently they wouldn't have done as it wasn't an infection). Suddenly, after about 2 years of coming and going, the cyst ended up becoming an abscess, which was agony, so I got rushed into A&E. I had to have emergency surgery in case it ruptured. Not very nice! Because the doctors didn't refer me to a hospital soon enough, the cyst became an irregular shape so I ended up having 5 surgeries over 2 years. :( Touch wood I have been cyst free for nearly 2 years now!

I tried one of those Malteser Bunnies tonight (8 syns) - totally gorgeous! I need to look our for the mini bunnies because they're 3 syns each.

Back