20 somethings

Woohoo! Well done tata and skinny legs!

WI isn't until 18.30 for me so aaages to wait. Despite all my efforts this week the scales are suggesting I'll be lucky with a 1lb loss. It's better than nothing but it doesn't look like I'll be getting my 7lb in 6 weeks like I was hoping. :( I've got 5.5lbs to lose with 4 weeks to go (including tonight). I might have a rummage through the book tonight and come up with a speed food menu if tonight is a disappointment. I've been on plan and calorie tracking this week and I've been under 1200 calories net every day. I really want to be in the 9s for my cousin's wedding on 13th April - 1lb a week would get me there!

Ooh Muzza, those veg pakoras sound like a delicious idea!

The point of the Wookey holiday is that once we get there I only have to do about 5mins driving a day, max! Lyme Regis might have to wait - although I was having a mooch on rightmove and there's a bakery for sale! It probably wouldn't do my weight loss much good, but how awesome would that be?! No joy on the Euromillions for me but there's always tonight's Lottery!

I have size 18's right down to size 10's :-( I've refused to throw them out so have sooo many clothes in my house!

Well done Tata and danni that's great news! Tata, the superfree does make the biggest difference. And danni you will have loads of fun going on a shopping spree.

Aww Emily that sucks, we have lots of bakeries and stuff you can do damage with! Hehe. I'm sure you'll be super busy at wooky hole anyway. You know why you might not have lost as much? You need to eat more. If you go under 1200 calories on any day your body won't want to give up any of it's fat stores hun. REALLY annoying, I know, but last month I wasn't losing, I upped my syns by 5 a day (an extra 100 calories) and i lost 2lbs. It is frustrating and maddening, but if you don't get a good result eat a bit more.

Talking of results.... I lost 1lb. Not impressive I know, but i am thrilled. I got my five stone award. Woo hoo!

Well done Tata and danni that's great news! Tata, the superfree does make the biggest difference. And danni you will have loads of fun going on a shopping spree.

Aww Emily that sucks, we have lots of bakeries and stuff you can do damage with! Hehe. I'm sure you'll be super busy at wooky hole anyway. You know why you might not have lost as much? You need to eat more. If you go under 1200 calories on any day your body won't want to give up any of it's fat stores hun. REALLY annoying, I know, but last month I wasn't losing, I upped my syns by 5 a day (an extra 100 calories) and i lost 2lbs. It is frustrating and maddening, but if you don't get a good result eat a bit more.

Talking of results.... I lost 1lb. Not impressive I know, but i am thrilled. I got my five stone award. Woo hoo!

Wow 5 stone!! Well done you :)
Can I be nosey and ask how long it took you? My final goal would be 5st 7 xxx

Well done fran x

Thanks Christie hun, I'm hoping this next half stone won't be such a bugger to get! Mother's day is fine and on plan, dad's birthday is fine for me (mum and dad will go out) and then it is weigh in. Then nothing that week then the next is Nathaniel's birthday, and I have to make him a cake but syns will be easy to work out. It was going to be the very hungry caterpillar but I might just do a normal round one. Green icing isnt very appealing! I was aiming for my 5.5 stone for Easter but 7lbs in 3 weeks just isn't going to happen so I will just keep going without a time limit. I am doing the 10lbs in 10 weeks challenge and 2 weeks in I have lost 3lbs so I'm hoping against hope this month will be a good one.

Hello girls, I am creeping back in, hope you are all okay, sorry havent been around. Have so much to catch up on, hope you are all doing great xxx and well done to everyone on the losses! X

Welcome back jess xx

Fran you can buy icing tops for cakes on ebay with allsorts on them, my nieces had a tinkerbell and mickey mouse ones with their names on, well cute and saves decorating too

JEESSSS I shall sit on you so you may never leave! How are you doing my lovely? We've missed you!

Thanks Christie, that's a great idea. Nate seems to love makka pakka... that totally means I can decorate it in chocolate right?

What's everyone up to this evening. I've just used my hea and 2 syns on a lovely hot chocolate, got a hifi light rocky road I found for half my heb (used the other half on scan bran) and a peanut butter kit kat chunky (13 syns) so I will be 15 syns for the day, I figure I deserve it today! still 100% for lent so I am pretty chuffed :) Oh and I have the remote to myself this evening. Lovely!

Thanks for all the congrats, my practical lessons are coming along slowly. I'm a pretty nervous driver.

JESS! Welcome back :) how have you been? X

Jess! Welcome back!

1lb off for me, which is okay but I am a little disappointed. I made the mistake of mentioning calories at group and now, in tandem with wanting to lose another stone, my C seems to think I have an eating disorder. She had a concerned word with me, which I actually found a bit upsetting. My mum has had bulimia so I'm quite careful that I don't slip that way! I am eating 3 decent meals a day and snacking but I think it's just that I'm eating lots of Superfree which are naturally low cal. I'm not in my healthy weight range yet so I'm hardly wasting away! I'm going to do a paper food diary for her and up what I'm eating just in case.

I made Butter Chicken from She Cooks, She Eats tonight. Scrumptious! A little hot for me, even with mild chilli powder and half as much as suggested, but lovely! I just really fancied a curry.

I think a food diary is a good idea, and maybe upping your syns a little bit? It will have been upsetting having that talk, but it is good they are aware of any potential risks. One girl in my group is very close to being underweight and she has mentioned wanting a lower bmi when it was at 20. I dunno what it is now, but she is having to wear children's clothes because adult ones are all too big. She looked really tiny today and last week her mum said she's become obsessed by calories. Knowing her situation probably makes me more understanding of your C talking to you just to make sure you are supported and prevent any scary potential path. Ok that was garbled and made no sense probably! Have you explained to her about your mum's past and how you feel about that? Basically big hug and that sucks about "the talk" but i'm sure it came from caring and trying not to be judgemental but just wanting to prevent going down any dark paths. Don't let it get you down.

yum for a curry :) I'm making a kofta tomorrow! I like lots of spice though

I am glad my C cares - there are a few people on here that I see close to target, barely eating and getting themselves overwrought. I don't want to ever get to that state. It just felt a bit mortifying to be basically told off in front of everyone. She hasn't asked for a food diary but I want to prove to her that I am eating 3 meals a day plus snacks, and with a varied diet at that!

I've been off my food this week anyway which is probably why my calorific intake has been low. I've been stressed and lost my appetite. I've got lovely fun stuff planned this week including a fish finger sandwich. :D We're at his mum's from Fri-Sun and then with my mum for Mothers Day lunch so I can't do much planning there, but hopefully it will be okay.

The only thing is now I feel stressed about eating because I feel like I'm doing it wrong! I'm just going to eat like I usually would. I'm overthinking now!

thanks tata, that's so sweet of your.

Christie! that's amazing. Thank you hun! Ooh There's a hungry caterpillar one too. ooh.

She did it in front of everyone? That's not right. Yum fish finger sandwich! I hope you have a lovely time with your mother's day weekend! hehe. I keep having to pester my brother to send mother's day cards. He's an arse. You just be the wonderful you that you are. You know the plan and you seem to have it as every day life so I think you are right in not overthinking things will get you the right results. We have people living off of soups. I'm too greedy for that nonsense!

Congratulations on the losses yesterday, especially you Fran getting that 5 stone award, brilliant!!!

I'm sorry I haven't had the chance to catch up on everything so I know I have missed lots

I finally remembered to get on the scales this morning and its a half on for me. I am not really bothered by that because its my TOTM and i feel really bloated so I know its not a real gain so I will just stick with it and see what happens next week.

The good news is i have found the supermarkets now deliver to me to am going to start home deliveries which I hope will help me plan better and keep me on track

Hope you all have nice days planned or at least your work day isn't too bad x

Well, I had another half off last night. Frustrating as I was 100% except for a large glass of wine and half a pack of rolos on my weekend away (during which I also walked 10 miles in an afternoon) but I just have to be happy with a loss. I have had a loss every week which is all a step in the right direction! Also it is TOTM so I've been sticking to plan but neglecting the superfree a bit - I am normally pretty good with it but sometimes I just want a big plate of pasta and not much else.

This weekend is not going to be easy because I'm going to Manchester with OH to watch the football and it's hard to watch football without drinking lots of beer (it is for me!), plus we're having a nice Mothers' Day brunch with his parents in a hotel. Hmm. I'll just have to make heathly choices like I did last weekend, and perhaps drink whisky instead of beer!

Back