20 somethings

Get on your speed foods, Star! My quickest losses were when I was having a couple of HiFi Lights with 2 or 3 pieces of fruit for breakfast, homemade soup for lunch with a HexA of cheese in it and then lean meat and salad/veg (no carbs) for dinner. If you make your soup Red (i.e. no potato) then you can double your Hexs and have some Ryvita to dip in your soup/make croutons or extra cheese/milk for your dinner.

I sort of loosely followed Success Express - I upped my Superfree to 2/3 of my plate and usually had an extra HexB but not my HexA (that's optional and I don't really use milk so I don't need it). I didn't count the higher syn values, although most of my syns are spent on chocolate and I think they're the same across the board!

Wow Lyrically, thank you! That is really great and helpful.

When I get good home tonight I will be going through my book and seeing how much I can make with speed food.

Tea tonight is going to be home made fish and chips with mushy peas and tomorrow is going to be my attempt at a frittata with a big salad so these next two days are pre planned but after that i will be going crazy for speed foods x

I'm pretty sure mushy peas are one of the best speed foods! And you can chuck loads of speed foods (many of them are fruit/veg) in a frittata. A lot of the beans/pulses are good speed foods - I remember swapping some of my usuals for SS versions or just adding them anyway. I would made a big batch of bolognese sauce and chuck in a tin of haricot beans, which I'd never normally eat - it all worked quite well!

I hope they are then!

I am quite excited to go through my book when I get home and see what speed foods i already have but didn't realise.

Your tips are ace so thanks again x

Just make sure you eat plenty, but that it's good stuff. Your body won't want to let any fat go if it's not convinced it'll get another meal any time soon!

Lol i will stuff myself to get it off.

I am quite pleased with my day so far, i had my hexb, a tuna pasta salad, two apples and a choc orange Alpen light bar so am within my allowances. As long as i remember to get on the scales tomorrow should be my WI and i hope to get even a little loss x

Here it is, Tomato and Basil Soup:

Serves 4, Freezable andFree on all choices

Ingredients
900g ripe tomatoes
Low calorie cooking spray
1 tsp dried oregano
1 large onion peeled and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
1 litre hot vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp freshly chopped basil

* Arrange the tomatoes on a baking tray and spry lightly with low cal cooking spray and sprinkle with oregano.
*Bake in a pre-heated over at 200oC/gas 6 for 10 - 15 minutes (until the tomatoes start to soften and char)
*Meanwhile place the onion and garlic in a large heavy based saucepan with 300ml of the stock.
*Cover the pan and bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes
*Peel and chop the roasted tomatoes and add to the chopped onion mixture in the pan along with the remaining stock. Simmer for 15 – 20 minutes
*Puree the soup in a blender or food processor.
*Return the soup to the pan, season well and add the basil.
*Reheat if needed and serve.

Lol at the dry shampoo! I've changed to the brunette one but if I ever scratch my head my fingernails are brown!!

I lost 2.5lbs doing success express which is a lot for me. I did find it quite hard going though.

Danni X

2.5 is a very good loss so it must work

Have just had my tea and I am stuffed! Annoying thing is i will feel hungry again in an hour, honestly it's like I am a bottomless pit still x

You can do it muzza.

Good luck at success express star, I get rubbish losses when I do it. Probably because I have so much superfree as it is. It does do wonders for others though. I hope you get a great loss with it.

I have been hungry ALL week. It feels like as soon as I am full I am hungry again. It is hunger and not thirst as I drink 2-4L a day. I can't imagine I'll get a good result this week :( Damned body.

No problem Muzza, I hope you enjoy it, it really is a lovely soup :) I am sorry to hear of the 1 on but 1 isn't much and you can get it off again, plus with how much you have on this month that isn't too bad.

Thank Fran but I don't think I'll be doing success express as I would find it too difficult but I am going to try to increase my speed foods as I need to loose as much as possible in the next 6 weeks before getting back to normal healthy eating and a slow and steady loss.

I feel the same as you at the minute, I have mostly eaten well last week but I have my WI first thing tomorrow and because I can't stop eating I can not imagine a good loss...still in the long run it will come off. I am going to blame the weather as it's got really old again here and the snow has been horrible

Hey ladies! I had a bold weekend but I'm back. I could have been more naughty but I didnt want to sabotage any of my recent good efforts.

Positive note, I've begun walking again.. I'm back on a regular 8.30-5.30 this week which I am delighted about of course!

Feeling good... Me and my mum stopped in a bridal shop this weekend to look at a few dresses... She wanted me to try one on but THE FEAR took over... I knew at that very second that sw is going to have to work for me... I've no other choice now if I want a size 12 wedding dress..

I remembered to WI this week on the right day! 1lb off :D

When is your wedding booked for Tata? Well done on making the good choices as it's tough when there is temptation all around!

Well done star. Sounds really exciting tata. Weigh in this afternoon, fingers crossed because ive been over my syns a couple of times this week. I wonder if it's because of the cold that everyone is hungry all the time?

Well done star!

Im dreading wi on friday! Although I will have to weigh thursday instead as im going to Manchester thursday after work so one less day to work off the monster meal from saturday, it was huge! And I ate the lot! And my dad bought a round of desserts and wouldnt take no for an answer lol

Tata, you'll be a 12 in no time! You can't be too far off it now. You will get there because you really want to.

Good luck for Thursday, Christie! I had a similar thing on Sunday - my mum had bought a Dine in For 4 thing from M&S and had picked up a sort of caramel filled brownie cake for dessert. Of course, she's on Atkins so she refused to touch it. My OH ate 3/4 and I had the last piece. Heaven knows how many syns it was - I could feel the butter in it! I'm just hoping a blowout like that is what I need to get my weight really moving again.

I was hungry this morning but most of the week I've been uncomfortably full! I've been getting full really quickly, and I know it's not enough food so I keep eating. Usually I empathise with the Supersize person on Supersize vs. Superskinny but now I can see how the superskinniness happens! I never thought I'd say that. I must be ill!

Lol CH you will be fine, just remember it wasn't one meal that made you going weight so in the long run this one won't stop you losing. Maybe you will STS this week but come next week you will get a good loss x

Doubt I will lose next week as im on a planned off plan weekend in manchester and bound to eat loads of crap that his mum makes lol

Back