20 somethings

Omg how stressed am i! Its really starting to annoy me having no staff in the mornings, customers moaning because I got one person doing everything and its not quick enough for them, staff phoning in with migraines etc.. I just had a nosebleed which im putting down to the stress!

Christie, it sounds awful! Do you work for a chain (sorry if this has been covered before)? I think you need to put your concerns in writing to them!

Thanks for the support girlies. I know it's naughty but I weigh myself every morning, and today was the first time in WEEKS that the scales had shifted for the better. Feeling really positive for the week ahead and in a really dedicated state of mind ready for the wedding this weekend.

I've had one of those days where I just haven't stopped. Just sitting down to eat at my desk. I picked up one of those Innocent Veg Pots for 79p in the reduced section yesterday but I can't find the exact one on the syns directory. It's so scrummy, although I'd love to make a less synful version. I've got 'thai coconut curry with edamame beans, rice and lemongrass' but the one on the website is with pak choi and soya (I think edamame beans are soya beans) at 8 syns. I tried the syn calculator with the rice as free food and it says 7 syns. The best bit is I've just discovered edamame beans are free - I love them!

Right, off to the next meeting with my thai curry runny nose!

Oh I love edamame beans too Emily! Wagamamas do them in the pods with chilli salt and soy sauce, they are amazing! Giraffe also do them but theirs are more synful! There's a sauce which is gorgeous but quite sweet and sticky so it can't be too good. Ooh I want some now :)

Christie, it sounds awful! Do you work for a chain (sorry if this has been covered before)? I think you need to put your concerns in writing to them!

Yea I work for wickes, I know its not their fault that people phone in sick and stuff but every week its the same people (the pregnant one and the druggy one) on the same days and they still dont put anyone else on to cover just in case. Im peeved off with the pregnant one anyway, I thought id seen a new side of her when she offered to work on her holiday day so I could have it off as holidays instead but she had a hissy fit a few days later and said she wasnt doing it anymore, luckily the guy who does the rotas has said not to worry because he will sort it out for me but im so annoyed, why offer if ur gunna have a fit about doing it just days later!

I'm 24 :) I've lost 27lbs so far with Slimming World in the past 15 weeks. So far so good! another 30lbs or so to go!

Welcome lauren x

Well my day just got better and better, should have finished work at 3.30, left at 4.45!

Wow Lauren, you're doing fabulously!

Oh Christie, I know that feeling. I'm meant to be at a gig tonight but a job's just come in and, lucky me, I'm the only one here! Looks like that's a write-off...

thought i would just pop in and update on me my baby boy Zachary was born prem at 28 weeks yesterday hes doing very well so far.

Oh sweets what a sweet name. Im glad he is doing well and continues to thrive. It must have been scary for you and your OH him coming so early. I hope he gets to come home soon :) don't forget to look after yourself too, I know it is easier said than done!

Christie I remember that feeling all too well! Hopefully when madam is on maternity leave her cover will be an improvement.

Emily, is there no way it can wait until tomorrow? That's rotten you'll have to miss a gig :(

Soya beans aren't dissimilar to broad beans but I'd say the Soya bean is sweeter. I love the wagamama ones too. Mmm.

Congrats sweet x glad he is doing well :)

Ahhh sweet congratulations, hope all is well and you are both home soon too! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Eek ladies, I managed 7 hours in the pub including lunch, AND staying under my syns!! So pleased with myself!

Head well and truly in the game, bring me another loss this week please!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

thought i would just pop in and update on me my baby boy Zachary was born prem at 28 weeks yesterday hes doing very well so far.

Oh hun, that's so distressing for you and your family, a long couple of months ahead for you but I'm sure he'll continue to thrive! Lots of babies make it when born 26+ weeks, I know it'll be a tough road but you'll let through it and he'll be home in no time x

I sts this week which is fine, good loss next week hopefully, im starting an excercise plan tomorrow that has been given to me by someone I know so will be trying that out too

Hi everyone,

Have been AWOL for a few days as have such a lot going on right now and need to get my head around everything, it's nothing bad just stressy!! Will fill you all in soon.

I have tried to catch up as best I can and congratulations on the losses this week :)

Lyrically, you'll look amazing at the wedding so don't worry what they say and size 12 is not at all big. I am at a wedding in 2 weeks time and am dreading it, I really don't want to go but it's a family wedding and my Dad wants me there so I am going for him so I know exactly how you feel!

I've got my cousin's wedding this weekend and I'm so nervous about it. I've lost a lot of weight since I last saw most of my dad's family, but I'm not where I'd hoped to be. The holiday gain was not what I needed!

Good luck with the job hunting Fran, I know how hard it is getting a job without ties and in a city but I am certain you'll get something

Massive well done on the promotion Muzza!! Sorry to sound utterly dumb but what is scitt? I am sure it's totally obvious but my natural blond is coming back through and taking away my brain cells lol ;) I am also really pleased to hear you have your hospital apointment, I had my tests and op on the same day and was thankful for that as it's better than waiting for another appontment. I know this may sound silly but after I had mine I was bleeding quite a bit, should have been obvious that'd happen as they had to remove a growth, but it didn't cross my mind so my advice would be to make sure you have some sanitary towels with you/at home just in case. I mostly use tampons so didn't have any and had to send my Mum out to get me some as I was too uncomfortable to drive! Felt like a right idiot haha

Wonderful news on the birth of your son Sweet, my OH's nephew was born around the same time and is now 3 or 4 (I really should know that!) and other than being small for his age he seems to be doing ok so I am sure and hope you have some good luck over these coming weeks.

I haven't been on the scales for a couple of weeks because I just haven't had the chance but I have days I feel light and days I feel heavy so I am going to be around the same weight but it's my OH's b'day this weekend and then my Dad's a few days later so this is a weekend of celebration so it'll be an awful lot of unhealthy food including M&S percy pig cake and trifle x

p.s sorry if I missed anything

Lol @ percy pig cake, my oh would be jealous, he always giggles at the percy pig easter egg and is dying to have one even though he doesnt eat much chocolate

My cousin was born at about 19 weeks and could fit in one hand, she was only about 1lb odd, 15 years later and shes a spoilt brat lol but technology has improved so much over the years that these babies have more of a chance than they ever would have before, little miracles :)

Ive had a bit of a pig out at maccy d's to get it out of my system and now im fully in the losing weight mode, I bought a new pad that im gunna actually plan excercise and meals in for each day and write out goals and a reward system for reaching these goals. And this time I mean it! Last time I wrote in it once and then never bothered! I want to lose this weight and gain confidence so badly I really need to push myself to do it properly cos if I dont do it before I get married then what will be my motivation after? I will just keep thinking that I can leave it for a bit longer because I dont need to be slimmer or fitter for anything else even though I know thats not true because I want to do it for me to feel good about myself for once in my life and be a healthy role model for any children that I will have!

Lol that sort of turned into a rant to myself but needs to be said to give myself a kick up the backside. I seem to be good at maintaining so now I need to get to a healthy weight to maintain lol

I'm feeling yukky today. Was on call last night and didn't get much sleep, had normal breakfast of cereal muller light and banana, didn't get lunch till about 3, had a mugshot and some chicken, and I'm just not hungry. I'm in bed already, my throat hurts and my eyes are streaming. Why tonight at the start of a week off?!?

Back