20 somethings

Haha that's a lot of choices! I'm slowly discovering I can't keep chocolate in the house, I just want to eat it all!

I can if I'm in the right frame of mind.

Well you are within syns so all is good. I made a beef and butternut squash lasagna for Sunday lunch for my parents, Nate and myself. Nom nom. Now I get to eat the leftovers. I'm really feeling good being back on plan fully. Such a relief as I was worried I wouldn't be able to get my focus back because i kept looking at what I'd gained and how I needed to lose all my gain. Now I am heavier but feeling great because it is a fresh slate. Just losing weight not getting out of "weight debt" as it were.

Has everyone had a lovely weekend? how are the girls today jess? What dinner is it you are defrosting Tata?

Had a lovely sunday dinner today whilst hubby and steve had chinese, I could have gone for a chow mein or something but decided to stick to my 3 syn cooked dinner

My sisters birthday meal next weekend and I know she wants to go to taybarns which is all you can eat so will be a very good low syns week all week to try limit damage and then when im there I may try and stick with mostly food from the carvery part

I know it says 5-15 syns but does it make a difference if I only have 3 or even sometimes none? Alot of the time I dont feel the need to have any, just wondering if it affects weight loss at all in a bad way?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done Christie :) it's good to have your syns for two reasons 1) you won't feel the need to snaffle loads of syns either because you feel deprived or because you think you can because you didn't have them before and 2) once you've lost weight you might have times you need a boost and cutting down by a couple of syns a day is the best and easiest way, if you haven't been having them you have no where to go. A bloke in my class would NOT listen to this, now he is stuck and can't cut back his syns because he refused to have them when he started.

I think because im on a chocolate ban I just dont eat anything else that requires syns unless I have sausages or gravy or extra bread :/ im mostly having between 4 and 10 but for two days ive had none and today had 3 and just generally dont feel like eating anything with syns, will probably be different in feb when my chocolate ban is lifted lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Christie, I've found if I ban a food, I usually go on a massive binge session after... You can get chocolate bars with small amounts of syns in them as well that do to fix the craving!!

Just went to another HIIT class. I enjoyed this one much better. It was still hard, yes, but I didn't feel like I wanted to puke everywhere so thats a bonus! :D I'll be surprised if I loose anything this week as its * week and starting exercising again properly. A half a pound would do me to keep the motivation!!

I don't tend to drink. It's never been a big deal for me. Chocolate however..... ha.

Little monkey fell asleep on me earlier so tea will be late as it takes a couple of hours. I think he will have a wee sandwich or something when he wakes. He's exhausted because he keeps waking up in the night. I might not bother doing the arancini (again) and do philly pasta when he's in bed.

I was the same with my syns pippa it's strange isn't it! When I started slimming world and my consultant explained the plan to me I just couldn't get it into my head that I could lose and have syns so I took it upon myself (much to my consultants annoyance) to not have my syns, I had maybe 1 or 2 syns 3 days a week maximum on little things like if I was frying mushrooms i would fry in butter and that would be my syns for the day. Or a tsp of ketchup or something. I managed well with this and lost every week from day one to target without missing a single week and had 2 stay the sames in that time, but when I got to target I had to allow myself syns to stop myself from losing and because I found it so hard to have my syns I kept losing for a while and changing my target lower. When I had my first gain I had a round of applause from my group as their words were 'Yes she is human!!' But on the other hand I know why they are there and they are important but for me allowing myself a few Jaffa cakes was not possible as once I would have started I would have had the whole roll and then justified a sharer bag of crisps because I'd already had the roll of jaffas so what more damage could be done?! It was a vicious circle!! This is a mega long reply haha!!

Back