20 to 19 stone?

Thanks :) and well done to those who have givennup smoking already :D
Its hard, as is dieting!, but will all be worth it in the end.... I wanna be a slim non-smoker!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done nannis on both counts. What an achievement. You are going to be SUPER healthy. :clap:

Lost 6.5lbs at weigh in this morning. Gonna be smiling all day. :D

Well done nannis on both counts. What an achievement. You are going to be SUPER healthy. :clap:

:wow: Crumble, amazing loss...well done xx

:happy036: Well done Crumble that's fantastic :D

Jane x

Crumble that's brilliant!! Well done!! :)

Had WI last night, lost 3lb, just another 9.5lbs before I am in the 19's and I intend to be that by the end of august at the latest. So excited, this is the lowest weight I have been for 14 years now wooohoo xx

:clap: :clap: That's great Lily! :happy036:

I've been looking at your stats. How proud must you be!!
And you've got the gorgeous green 4 stone shiney I covet. I LOVE that one. It will be mine. :D

:clap: :clap: That's great Lily! :happy036:

I've been looking at your stats. How proud must you be!!
And you've got the gorgeous green 4 stone shiney I covet. I LOVE that one. It will be mine. :D

Thank you Crumble, I am very proud of myself, but more amazed that I am still losing biggish numbers, and more amazed at my determination. Something has finally clicked and I love the feeling...if someone had told me a year or 2 ago that I would be losing weight while still eating so much and exercising everyday and actually enjoying it, I would have laughed my head off lol
I love my green shiny, but I so want the next one badly so that I can then drool :drool: over the next one and the next one lol x

Isn't it funny how little things like a pretty shiney can spur you on? :D My eyes are set on the lovely orangey 1.5st one - its like a little tequila sunrise.:p

My heaviest was 25.5st and my sons don't remember seeing me lower than 18st (a few years ago when I was doing ok but blipped).

I really, really want to get below 18st so they can see that their mum wasn't always this size. :eek:

Isn't it funny how little things like a pretty shiney can spur you on? :D My eyes are set on the lovely orangey 1.5st one - its like a little tequila sunrise.:p

My heaviest was 25.5st and my sons don't remember seeing me lower than 18st (a few years ago when I was doing ok but blipped).

I really, really want to get below 18st so they can see that their mum wasn't always this size. :eek:

That's exactly it, when I had my eldest daughter 31 years ago, I lost 4 and half stone while I was pregnant and went to my lowest weight since I was about 10 (10 and half stone), kept that weight off for a few years but never really learnt how to eat properly so it was just pure luck, then by the time I had my 2nd daughter, she is 22 I had reached 15 and half stone, then 14 years ago when I was just touching 16st, I had an accident at work which badly damaged my back, I went from a very active job to nothing, over the following 2 years I more or less just stayed in bed and put on over 15 stone...I am still amazed when I look at the photos from then as I look half dead, I don't even recognise that woman as me....so neither of my girls can ever remember me being less than about 16 st, but my youngest gets married next August and I am determined that I will NOT be even 1lb over weight that day, so I have to be focused and get this weight off lol xx

You've had quite a journey already, haven't you? ;) What a great incentive, too. I bet you'll be spending as much time planning your dress as she will. How exciting! :D

I noticed you say you exercise each day. What type of things do you do?
I'm lacking in that area and must sort it out but have bad knees so I'm limited.

Well done Lily on your loss today, I agree with crumble that little shiney badges do spur you on in a very big way, I looking forward to the light blue one (1 stone) hopefully tomorrow (wi) or next week, my son and daughter have not seen me slim always big 18 -20stone, my grandchildren is going to see me become slimmer :D,
like Lily sw has clicked this time and I do exercise with it aswell which I think helps me focus.

Jane x

You've had quite a journey already, haven't you? ;) What a great incentive, too. I bet you'll be spending as much time planning your dress as she will. How exciting! :D

I noticed you say you exercise each day. What type of things do you do?
I'm lacking in that area and must sort it out but have bad knees so I'm limited.

Hi Crumble, yes I do exercise everyday...I use the wii...long story short 14 years ago I had an accident at work which badly affected my back and I went from 16st to 31st 7lbs in just 2 years, plus I wasn't able to walk more than 20-30 yards...anyway the hospital discharged me too and told me I would be in a wheelchair at some point and that was that. But then 3 years ago I just decided that's it no more weight, I have to get it off and up until November of last year did it all on my own and lost 6st 4lbs...then it stuck for 6 months, so I joined SW at my daughters insistence lol.. since I joined SW I have taken on board the benefit of body magic and started 7 months ago just doing 10 mins a day on the wii sports or wii fit....

I am now able to do 1-2 hours a day on the wii and boy do I give myself a workout, I do 45 minutes a day Zumba on the wii and I have, with the aid of my son in law also incorporated weights into my workout which I do up to 1 and a half hours a day, I don't do all of these exercises everyday but I do try and do a minimum of 1 hour and as much as 2 and half hours a day, I would say I probably average between 1 and half and 2 hours a day, but not always at the same time, sometimes half in the morning and half in the evening, but I have done 2 and half hours straight off the bat before now.
Not only have I lost close on 11st, but I have lost in total so far, 62 inches off my body, 19 inches alone, off my hips which were 73 inches and are now a svelte 54 inches lol...If someone had told me a year ago I would ,love exercise I would told them they were mad....but I do and I miss it badly if I can't do it and Crumble a lot of the exercises that you would do with say wii sports like tennis and baseball, will make you sweat but they are pretty low impact which you need with your knees.
I know I go on but I am a chatterbox sorry lol

Well done Lily on your loss today, I agree with crumble that little shiney badges do spur you on in a very big way, I looking forward to the light blue one (1 stone) hopefully tomorrow (wi) or next week, my son and daughter have not seen me slim always big 18 -20stone, my grandchildren is going to see me become slimmer :D,
like Lily sw has clicked this time and I do exercise with it aswell which I think helps me focus.

Jane x
Thank you Jane, yes the shiney's are a big spur and I also love the fact that there is always another one due just 7 pounds away lol..whenever my consultant asks me during group if I would like to set a target for the next week, I always aim for my next shiny even if it's 6lb away as that makes me focus and if I am focused even if I don't lose the 6lb I will at least give it my best shot lol
Absolutely the exercise helps to make me focus more too and I am beginning to think I am becoming addicted lol, but I'd sooner (for now) be addicted to that than to the crisps and nuts that I used to be addicted to lol

You're not 'going on', they were really helpful posts. The wii would be good because I could sit to do some and have bursts at the others that would be better standing.

In actuality I'm zilch on the fitness scale. My arms were really killing me playing bowling with DS2 after a bit and I felt lightheaded. :ashamed0005:

I don't really know how to start. Keep going till I'm well puffed? Heartbeat racing? A time limit and build up? :hmm:

Your story is a very encouraging one because it shows what can be done when you have determination. Good for you! ;)

Thank you Jane, yes the shiney's are a big spur and I also love the fact that there is always another one due just 7 pounds away lol..whenever my consultant asks me during group if I would like to set a target for the next week, I always aim for my next shiny even if it's 6lb away as that makes me focus and if I am focused even if I don't lose the 6lb I will at least give it my best shot lol
Absolutely the exercise helps to make me focus more too and I am beginning to think I am becoming addicted lol, but I'd sooner (for now) be addicted to that than to the crisps and nuts that I used to be addicted to lol

Lily I too do the wii fit, jogging and aerobics and wii sport tennis for an hour every morning I'm addicted to doing exercise, hubby going to buy me the zumba which I believe is good.

Well done on your weight loss 11stone that's great your Inspirations to others.:)

Jane x

You're not 'going on', they were really helpful posts. The wii would be good because I could sit to do some and have bursts at the others that would be better standing.

In actuality I'm zilch on the fitness scale. My arms were really killing me playing bowling with DS2 after a bit and I felt lightheaded. :ashamed0005:

I don't really know how to start. Keep going till I'm well puffed? Heartbeat racing? A time limit and build up? :hmm:

Your story is a very encouraging one because it shows what can be done when you have determination. Good for you! ;)

Hi Crumble and Jane,
When I first started on the wii back last December, the best I could manage was 5 minutes, sit for 5 minutes, then another 5 minutes, but I did that twice a day everyday and boy did I have to push myself to do it and boy did it hurt. But this machine of a body of ours really is magnificent and it quickly accepts the effort, yes it hurt, but it hurt more carrying that excess weight about and after just 10 minutes it really did make me sweat badly. Then as time went on and I found I could do more and more then I did and it has in 7-8 months gotten to the stage where I am actually fitter than a lot of people I know.
I have a huge thirst for knowledge and had been thinking about weights, luckily my step son is a body builder and my son in law is a boxer, both use weights and through them I have been able to devise a workout and last Mothers day instead of the usual flowers or chocolates, my children bought me (at my insistence) a set of dumb-bells and kettle-bells and I can honestly say the workout (which I mostly devised myself but has been fine tuned by my s-i-law) is the way forward for me right now, I find I sweat more and my heart pumps harder and faster when I use them, than when I do my other workouts.
Crumble, just listen to your body and do what you can, it takes time to build it up, but I am still really amazed at how much I can do now and more amazed at how much I actually love doing it. It doesn't matter what you do, as long as it makes your heart beat a little faster, and start with just 5 minutes, you'll soon be doing a whole lot more and hopefully loving it too.
I presume you have looked at my photo album, but if you haven't please do, I don't even recognise that woman that was 31 and a half stone just a few years ago and I can honestly say for the first time in my 53 years on this planet, I KNOW I will never ever see her or anyone that even resembles her, ever again xx

Back