20 to 19 stone?

i'm nearly in the 19's

*runs around*

nineteeeeeeeeeeeens!!!

really hope that the scales are nice to me on tuesday :) i bribed them lol

Think I may have the same prob Jane, hope for a better result next week :)

Wow you have known each other since you were kids, thats so romantic :)

I was 19 he was 20 when we met :D we only got married in 2008 so had a very long engagement!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Nannis you sound like me and my hubby, we met and started dating in 1977, we got married in 1999...I needed to be sure he was the right one lol ...not really we thought we had better get married once the grandkids started arriving lol xx

i'm nearly in the 19's

*runs around*

nineteeeeeeeeeeeens!!!

really hope that the scales are nice to me on tuesday :) i bribed them lol

Gosh all that running round hun and you'll soon be in the 18's and leaving us behind lol ...WTG BUBBLEZ xxxx

Gosh all that running round hun and you'll soon be in the 18's and leaving us behind lol ...WTG BUBBLEZ xxxx

Thankyou Miss Lily ^_^ (well, Mrs- but Miss Lily is easier to say lol)

Knowing my luck the scales will go "bazinga" and say 20st exactly LOL

*touch wood it doesnt*

Thankyou Miss Lily ^_^ (well, Mrs- but Miss Lily is easier to say lol)

Knowing my luck the scales will go "bazinga" and say 20st exactly LOL

*touch wood it doesnt*

Well come on board:), you will be down on your next wi, I am hoping I am going into the 18stones on my wi on thur.

Jane x

Think I may have the same prob Jane, hope for a better result next week :)

Wow you have known each other since you were kids, thats so romantic :)

I was 19 he was 20 when we met :D we only got married in 2008 so had a very long engagement!

Nannis did you enjoy your fish and chips and Ice cream, are you having a good day today and are you trying a red day. x

I am sitting about the 19stone Mark at the moment, seem to be on a huge struggle, will power isn't very good :( feeling really down which doesn't help.

Hi all, yes reallu enjoyed fish and chips Jane :)

Ive had a poop few days diet wise:( so much so im showing 5 lbs gain!!! Really struggling with the no smoking for the last 3 days and my sts on friday really peeved me off!
Had to sit and have a good old think yestetday and was getting so upset about it all!
Smoking wise ( or non smoking!) im 22 days in, havent crumbled so far and know this is a great life change which I will benefit greatly from ( even if my head does keep saying have a cig have a cig!) some of the 22 days have been hell and wouldnt want to have got through them just to have a cig nearly a month in!
Not smoking is obviously affecting my weight loss in some way, which is a poo thing because mu health is going to benefit. Greatly from losing weight aswell!

So, heres the plan... No cigs, no slip ups with food just because im craving a cig. If I lose weight then fab.... If I sts for a few weeks then fine, better than a gain! Hopefully within a couple/few months I will be a lot further on my quit journey and focassing less on cravings!
The fact that ive already losy nearly 3 stone added to the 2 stone I managed to keep off from before my pregnancy, im already doing my body some justice ( i hope)

Also went shopping yest and brought two pairs trousers in size 20 and can do them up!! Little bit fit where they touch but am so pleased! Triednon some jeans in a 20 and they were big! :D

So onwards I go, no cigs no slips ( well maybe a voddy on a fri nite lol)... Might be here foe the duration if weight keeps sts lol

Hope u are all well.. Oh and gonna try red and ee this week.. Think prob ee is gonna be easier to work with as we have xupboards full of green day foods lol x

Donna, you have done the right thing hun, you've come here to talk about how you are feeling, it always helps, I think to say "out loud" how you are feeling, that way you're not burying it and there is always someone on here that will help you through it.
I usually find my will power is at it's worst when I haven't planned ahead, I work out a whole weeks's food including extras, and always have lots of fruit or low,non syn snacks in case I do really struggle and I find exercise helps with my willpower too...I used to be the original couch potato, now I do as much as 3 hours a day of any exercise that gets my heart pumping, you have lost close on 2 stone according to your stats, so you can do it hun and more importantly you are so worth it, remember that ...gl hun xx

Nannis
I so know how you feel...17 months (almost) after 40 years and 50 cigs a day I am now completely smoke free and I love it, I too gained but for me it was over a stone and a half, but I wasn't really watching my weight at the time. I still find there are the odd days when I think ooh just one won't hurt (no I don't crave them as such just the old habit kicking in from time to time, when I gave up the no smoking club I used to attend the C told us that the receptor that got you hooked on cigs will lay in wait for the rest of your life to feed it what it's gotten used to...I'm not going to feed it ever again), but every time I get that feeling, i ask myself do I want the Bronchitis back that I had for 8 years prior to giving up and which lasted 5-6 months at a time and do I want my grandchildren to inhale that toxic smoke like my children did, no I don't and I regret every single cigarette I lit around them, every bit of the stench that I carried about with me, on my clothes, in my hair, in my house and I know I don't.
You are doing brilliantly hun, 22 days is amazing, don't be so hard on yourself, as you said you've lost weight and giving up is going to get easier, just aim as you said for a STS if you lose that's a bonus...one little tip which someone told me about when i was giving up and which helped me a lot to stay away from food or believe me I would have put on 5+ st lol...was every time you feel a craving coming on, grab a glass of water and sip it very slowly until the craving passes, it worked for me and didn't take that long to pass either, gl hun we are here if you need us xx

diddldonna said:
I am sitting about the 19stone Mark at the moment, seem to be on a huge struggle, will power isn't very good :( feeling really down which doesn't help.

Just noticed your post Donna. Losing weight can be a struggle, I am struggling with it atm.. And have done in the past.
If you are down anyway then the slightest thing will add to that, and the age old problem of eating to feel better comes into play ( I dont knownif stress affects you like that? Sometimes I hear friends talk of being so stressed they forgot to eat... Ermm food is my only thought when stressed lol)
Coming on here and just airing how you feel can make a huge difference, everyone here is in the same boat and on this thread we are all around the same weight aswell :)
The biggest advice I can give is change it up a bit. Change what you are eating, go for a different day for a change, change what yogurts you buy, fruit, even cold drinks ( tesco has cans of lilt zero on special! Yummm!) if you like swimming go for a swim, or even get on the xbox or wii ( I can really feel ive worked outnon these but have a proper laugh doing it!)
It's easy to get stuck in a rut while dieting, sw is a for life diet and change is good for your body aswell as mind :)
Id suggest not having a blow out, thats qhat i did friday and sunday and am 5 lbs heavier now! So im not likely to go down that route again lol
Anna :)
X

Lily42uk said:
Nannis
I so know how you feel...17 months (almost) after 40 years and 50 cigs a day I am now completely smoke free and I love it, I too gained but for me it was over a stone and a half, but I wasn't really watching my weight at the time. I still find there are the odd days when I think ooh just one won't hurt (no I don't crave them as such just the old habit kicking in from time to time, when I gave up the no smoking club I used to attend the C told us that the receptor that got you hooked on cigs will lay in wait for the rest of your life to feed it what it's gotten used to...I'm not going to feed it ever again), but every time I get that feeling, i ask myself do I want the Bronchitis back that I had for 8 years prior to giving up and which lasted 5-6 months at a time and do I want my grandchildren to inhale that toxic smoke like my children did, no I don't and I regret every single cigarette I lit around them, every bit of the stench that I carried about with me, on my clothes, in my hair, in my house and I know I don't.
You are doing brilliantly hun, 22 days is amazing, don't be so hard on yourself, as you said you've lost weight and giving up is going to get easier, just aim as you said for a STS if you lose that's a bonus...one little tip which someone told me about when i was giving up and which helped me a lot to stay away from food or believe me I would have put on 5+ st lol...was every time you feel a craving coming on, grab a glass of water and sip it very slowly until the craving passes, it worked for me and didn't take that long to pass either, gl hun we are here if you need us xx

Thanks Lily, its so nice to hear that you never want to go back. I read a great passage on the net referring to the nicotine as a dragon... And that we can put the dragon to sleep within 50 days of not smoking but one puff will start to wake it up again. And it will only ever sleep, a deeper sleep over time but still only asleep! Bit depressing really lol I started smoking at age 11 ( my sons age!) and regret ut more than anything! The only good thing to come of all thisnis my son sees how badly the smoking has got ahold of me and its putting him off ( for life I hope!)
I suffer with bronchitas, and have done since I was tiny- so smoking was a sillu idea all round! Theres nothing worse than being unable to breath, in such pain everytime you cough because youve done all your belly muscles in, yet still wanting a ciggy!
Well done on your quitting xx

Thanks Lily, its so nice to hear that you never want to go back. I read a great passage on the net referring to the nicotine as a dragon... And that we can put the dragon to sleep within 50 days of not smoking but one puff will start to wake it up again. And it will only ever sleep, a deeper sleep over time but still only asleep! Bit depressing really lol I started smoking at age 11 ( my sons age!) and regret ut more than anything! The only good thing to come of all thisnis my son sees how badly the smoking has got ahold of me and its putting him off ( for life I hope!)
I suffer with bronchitas, and have done since I was tiny- so smoking was a sillu idea all round! Theres nothing worse than being unable to breath, in such pain everytime you cough because youve done all your belly muscles in, yet still wanting a ciggy!
Well done on your quitting xx

Gosh weren't we young, I had my first smoke at 7 ..my brothers forced me so that I wouldn't tell on them and by the time I was 11 I was smoking 20 a day, I stuck at about 30 a day most of my adult life until, stupidly, about 3 years before I quit and god knows why, I started smoking more and more until as I say i was on 50 and sometimes more a day...I was looking the other day at how much cigarettes have gone up..OMG if that's not a deterrent I don't know what is ....just 17 months ago it was costing me £300+ a month on smokes, if I were to be smoking now the same cigarettes would cost me close to £500 a month, in 2 months I could have a fabulous weekend away with my hubby 4 months a lovely holiday and so on ...£6000 a year my goodness ...not for me ...burning money and buying an early grave is what cigarettes do x

Isnt it crazy burning money?! Ive been putting my money in a jar and intend to spoil the kiddies rotten with it when we go yo skeggy in a couple if weeks :D

Isnt it crazy burning money?! Ive been putting my money in a jar and intend to spoil the kiddies rotten with it when we go yo skeggy in a couple if weeks :D

Good for you, I don't actually save mine but I do buy stuff for the house and we were able to go out the week before xmas and pay cash for our new suite, was never able to do that before without saving or getting it on credit card lol.
Hope you and the kiddies and your DH have a lovely time in skeggy, never been there myself must make it a mission to see more of our glorious country xx

Hi, newbie to the site and a couple of lb to hit the 19's! Frustrating thing is I was in the 19's but had an operation and ended up back in the 20's :(

I've given up smoking a few times myself, only started at 24!! Had to stop earlier this year as I was scared of what it would do with regards general anaesthetic only slipped one weekend so far, I tend to be able to have like 2 then none for weeks which I know is weird. If I'm driving a long way on my own though I tend to really crave one... that or a huge bag of sweets... or both :p

Oh i didnt post in here- oops

i am officially in the 19s :) 19 st 13.5lb

so i will be here for a while still~ but working on getting that weight off

im actually 25% of the way there- started with 10 stone to lose, and i have lost just over 2.5stone. hoping to get under 17 stone by christmas :)

Hi, newbie to the site and a couple of lb to hit the 19's! Frustrating thing is I was in the 19's but had an operation and ended up back in the 20's :(

I've given up smoking a few times myself, only started at 24!! Had to stop earlier this year as I was scared of what it would do with regards general anaesthetic only slipped one weekend so far, I tend to be able to have like 2 then none for weeks which I know is weird. If I'm driving a long way on my own though I tend to really crave one... that or a huge bag of sweets... or both :p

:welcome: icebaby, join the club think we are all in the same boat...well done on only slipping up only once with the smoking, I only slipped once so far too (17 months down the road lol)..wow if I only had one cigarette now I really believe it wouldn't stop there...gl with your journey, and come back often xx

Hi all, still here.. Although im actually in the wrong one lol
Had the gain that I knew was coming after an awful food weekend which extended into the week! Gained 3lbs so back to 19.3.5... Grrrr was so close to getting under 19 but nevermind, halo is intact and shall remain so for this week!!
Did some more clothes shopping yest and it wasnt a fluke- I really am a size 20!!! Whoop :) in my wedding pics in 2008 I was a size 26-28!! In 2009 I lost weight and got down to a size 22, got pregnant in 2010 and had my princess afterwards I was back in a 24.
Anyway just wanted to pop my head in and say hi :)
4!weeks smoke free today :D x

Im confuddled... Haha makes a change!
Is this group 20 stone to 19 stone? If so then im in the correct group..I thought I stayed her till I went under 19 stone and joined here when I hit 20 stone exactly.
:?:

Back