20 weeks 20 lbs

Well done elsbels that's a great loss!! Well on track to achieve your goal!x

Thanks ladies!
This diary is really helping me stay on track.
I've never met a weight loss target before but I've also never been this determined. I fear Saturday will be a bad day cos there's a lot on but as long as I'm good for the rest of the week I can afford one not so good day.

Today's food

No breakfast
Break time snack - banana
Lunch - chicken piri piri with lettuce, clementine
Cashew nuts
Dinner - last nights pasta leftovers.

Drank lots of water today too!
Good day food wise. Maybe a bit on the low side of calories but I'm out for dinner tomorrow night so need to save up my allowance

Just arrived home from dinner out with my friends. Had steak and chips and peppercorn sauce and a little bit of my friend's dessert of chocolate fondant with marshmallow and ice cream.
I don't feel guilty because I'd planned to have what i wanted by being really good for the rest of the day.

Food today
No bfast- will have to do something about this
Lunch - tuna, carrot and lettuce
Snacks- banana, satsuma and nuts and seeds.
Dinner - see above and 1 diet coke

Oh and I got up to exercise. Only for 15 minutes but better than nothing!

Just posting cos I'm struggling today not to scoff a massive bar of chocolate(I don't have a massive bar of chocolate-which helps) so eating my very tasty but not so satisfying nuts and posting to give myself a slap on the wrists for being so weak.

I know I'll have hard days but today is not treat day so I need to keep myself motivated.

Just reread what I've written above-it makes no sense but I feel better.

I may do some exercise tonight.

Well done elsbels!! Days like this are super hard but definitely helpful that you don't have a big slab of chocolate to hand!!xx

Thanks. I'm just stressed with work! Only a week left then I'm off on holiday for 10 days with hubby, daughter and friends!

I resisted the chocolate and also bread, welsh cakes and chocolate mini rolls at my nan's!!

Gona cook a Turkey tikka masala from scratch now and enjoy that instead!!

Go polish that halo girl
Well done x

Food for today:

Breakfast - crisps (I had nothing else)

Break - banana and satsuma

Lunch - tuna lettuce carrot (I'm not the greatest salad maker of eater-can you tell?), satsuma, nuts

Tea - Turkey tikka and rice

No exercise. I spent far too long cooking my curry! Good day apart from the crisps. May allow myself a treat tomorrow.

MissFit in the morning - looking forward!

Today's food:

Breakfast - weetabix with semi skimmed milk
Lunch - leftovers of last night's tikka with brown rice
Snack - cashews
Dinner - *my treat* chippy BUT usually I'd have a portion of chips, a jumbo sausage and a large pot of curry sauce. Tonight, my husband, daughter and I shared a portion of chips, I had a small sausage, half of which I gave my daughter, and a small pot of curry sauce. So this for me was a nice, guilt free treat. I did consider not having dinner and having a standard sized bar of chocolate. I'm glad I didn though.

Oh and I went to missfit this morning. Enjoyed it loads!!

Good day I think!

So today I'm having a crisis of confidence. I don't have much confidence in general but today is particularly bad!

I've decided to post to give myself some sort of release! I've got an important day tomorrow at work which is being made worse by my boss's snidey comments and pressure to deliver is high. I've been considering demoting myself - giving up my extra responsibility and just sticking to the classroom. My husband is very supportive of the possibility and we've done the maths and could afford it ok. I think I'd be much happier and think my lessons would improve as a result of having less work to do outside of the classroom. There lies my second crisis - I've lost faith in my ability following a recent performance review. Whereas one aspect couldn't have gone better, another was a complete disaster and of course that's the one I remember.

Next is my appearance- I just hate the way I look in the mirror! I've never really liked it but I really don't now! I've never reached a weight loss goal before so my track record isn't great. Now I feel bad for eating that chippy last night even though I promised myself I would have a treat!

It's silly I know, but when I feel like this usually I return to my old ways of eating badly. I can't feel like I've failed again. This time it has to be different. So that's why I'm posting. I can read it again and remember that I got over this particular hurdle.

I know it's hard but try to turn your negatives into positives, if a change at work will make you feel better and you can afford to do it then go for it. You made a really good choice with your food last night and had a little of what you enjoy instead of over indulging.

You are making positive life choices and every day you are making little improvements.

Don't put yourself down, keep making the good choices and your confidence will soon start to soar x

Thank you for responding! I feel much better tonight. I've been holiday shopping and walked a lot and size 14 was too big in many of the clothes.(I've been between a 12 and 14 the last few months-was a comfortable 12 this time last year!) Also I've stuck to the healthy eating as much as possible. It's also TOTM so that may have something to do with it!!

With regards to the job situation, I've got a few weeks to think about it properly but I do think I'd be better off giving up the extra responsibility.

Food today

Be - weetabix and ss milk

Lunch - 1/4 pack of quavers and a wine gum - not really lunch-my daughter took the wine gum out of her mouth and there was no bin so I are it! Quavers were just there and there were cakes screaming at me to eat them so went for the quavers instead!)

Snack - cashews

Dinner - 1/3 gammon steak with sweet potato chips and stir fried vegetables-yellow pepper,mushrooms,carrots and sugar snap peas.

No proper exercise, except walking around the shops and I took my daughter to a soft play centre which is about 10 minutes walk away and had to carry her most of the way cos she was afraid of the cars (she's 2 and a half so quite heavy) we had a lift home cos it was all uphill
and I wouldn't have been able to carry her back.

So all in all, after a pretty rubbish start to the day it's turned out ok.
I'm wondering what to have for lunch tomorrow. I can't think what we've got in the house. Maybe toast and peanut butter. I'm contemplating getting up early to do some exercise.

Today's food

No breakfast - my target for the next week is to ensure I have breakfast every morning.

Break time - banana

Lunch - 2 slices of toast with peanut butter, banana, nuts and seeds

Dinner - 1/2 jacket with some gammon, a fried egg (with frylite) and baked beans

Lots of water a tea and green tea

Didn't get to exercise. I did contemplate chocolate earlier as today's been a brain drain but decided to pass. My sugar cravings are under control atm.

Weigh in tomorrow -I'll be happy with just a pound as it's TOTM.

Today is weigh day.

Lost 2.2 lbs
Current weight therefore is 10 at 11.6 lbs
Really happy with that! I'm going on holiday on Sunday so will weigh on that day before I go. Then no weighing for 11 days!! I may not want to weigh when I come back though!!

I had a good night's sleep last night so felt refreshed all day. Much better than the stressy day yesterday.

I've tracked my food on myfitnesspal today because I was concerned I wasn't eating enough, but it was 1111 calories. I have noticed that I'm not getting enough vitamins and minerals so I'm going to buy some supplements for that. Has anyone got any recommendations?

Food for today

Breakfast - weetabix and ss milk
Lunch - ham sandwich on granary bread and m&s crisis
Tea - bit of an odd combination- ham and cheese omelette and Chinese chow mein super noodles. The noodles were not nice - tasted synthetic and stodgy- reminder to myself never to have them again. I don't particularly like omelettes either but the choice was limited with me forgetting to take something out of the freezer.

I was so chuffed with my weight loss today! It's driven me to carry on. Every time I consider eating chocolate I just think "nah, not today!"

Did 20 minutes of kettle bells today too. I've said today loads on this! Lol!

Food today

Bf - weetabix ss milk

Snack - banana

Lunch - ham sandwich and salt and vinegar skips

Dinner - spag bol

No exercise, green tea and lots of water.

Bad news today - someone in the department I work in is going to be made redundant. Don't know yet who, so it could be me. Rubbish news to be given before Easter! Happy holidays! Where's the chocolate? !!

Not a great day food wise-not awful but I couldn't track my food cos of what I ate.

Bf - weetabix and full fat milk

Lunch - spag bol

Dinner - spag bol

Snack - nuts, one of those thin dairy milk 111 Cals

Having logged it doesn't seem too bad. Decided to go for chocolate for the first time since I started posting. Won't have anymore for a while again.

I have invested in a Fitbit- we'll see if it makes me more aware of my activity habits to aid my weight loss and getting in decent shape!

Food today

Bf - weetabix and full fat milk

Lunch - the last of the spag Bol

Tea - Cajun chicken and oven chips

Snack - cashews

My Fitbit is my new obsession. I've done over 12000 steps today but I don't think I eat enough-i have a 1000 calorie deficit apparently !

I've just looked through all my fb photos hoping to find some from when I was around 10 St 5 lbs. hoping to inspire myself to a target. Turns out I've always had a belly that I hated! Well that's just made me more determined!!

Getting up now, got misfit then going to get some last minute bits for holiday tomorrow!! It's Easter hols!! Bliss! No idea whether I've still got a job come September but nothing I can do about that for the time being! Lucky I didn't give up my tlr or I'd have massively weakened my case to stay!!

10 days in Portugal tomorrow! Cannot wait!!

Back