200 lbs to lose

I can see both sides, as I was morbidly obese..and I've lost over 11 stone and now I have about 5 more stone to lose before I'm where I chose to be.

But if someone wants to lose 3 stone, no one can honestly say it's for vain reasons without delving into the persons mind. They might need an operation, and the drs have told them to lose weight, they might have ailments that weight loss would help in.. Like me, they might have previously lost a whole heap and want to lose the last bit..

Weight loss is hard, bloody hard.. Whether you've 15 stone to lose or 3, and for someone to brush off a person who has a smaller amount to lose just isn't fair.

As for the length of time regarding weight loss.. It shouldn't be judged on time, because how you eat now whilst your losing weight, is how you should eat the rest of your life, otherwise, as ever, the weight piles back on.. This is why i never say I'm on a diet, because I'm truly not, this is my new relationship with food, and i will maintain these new habits for a lifetime hopefully.

Jane xxx

I think comparing needing or wanting to lose a few stone to needing or wanting to lose another person in weight is like comparing losing your cell phone to losing your home, or wanting a nose job compared to needing full facial reconstruction.

Sure, if you break it down to the bare minimum, they're similar, but it's never just about the bare minimum, is it? That doesn't mean people should be dismissive of people with a smaller mountain ahead of them, but it's normal to feel resentful. I wouldn't expect a homeless person to sympathise with me when I can't afford to buy something I want, so why would a morbidly obese person sympathise with someone who is, in their mind, better off?

I guess it comes down to what sort of person you are.

I wouldn't be resentful of much at all really. I think good luck to people who want to lose weight whether it be 10lb or 200lb.

Good luck to all I say.. Lol

Jane xx
Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I agree with there being a huge difference. I dont think its necessarily more difficult but if you have only a couple of stone to loose you can see an end when u have like me have not only a person to loose but have an obese person to loose u cant see a light. 1lb some weeks feels like a drop in the ocean. I dont think saying that takes awat from anyone elses journey. But for we example my goal weight is closer to some peoples start weight my bmi probably wont be in the ok ever.

Anyways hey everyone not been around for a while but still sticking to my plan :) so far gone from 28.6 to 25.6 so going steady. This yrs goal is to loose another 8 stone and walk a mile a day :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

buffy3256 said:
For mepersonally I think the motivations to lose 3 stone are different to themotivations to lose 10 stone (or more). If you want to lose 10 stone, mostlikely the motivation is to feel healthy, and generally manage life better. If you are morbidly obese, things people takefor granted become 10 times more difficult (and often quite embarrassing). If you want to lose 3 stone, then usually itis about vanity (and I don't mean this in a critical way). It is about looking skinny, and feelingbetter about how your body looks body. It's not about making your life easier, but about liking what you see. I don't want to dismiss the psychologicalimpact of not liking what you see in the mirror (for somebody of any size), butI honestly believe for most morbidly obese people getting your life back iswhat is important, whereas somebody who has 3 stone to lose is desperate towear a pair of size 8 jeans.

I do generalizein my comments, but it is how I personally feel, and what I have seen with friends/familyas well as what I have read on this board!

I'm sorry but I don't think that's really true, hon. I know you've probably just plucked the figure of 3 stone out of the air, as an example, but being that much overweight would make most women obese - that's a bit more than a vanity thing, it's very much a health issue. I'm 5'8", so above average height, and 3 stone overweight would put my BMI at 32, and losing that amount would not make me skinny, just healthy. I know it's all relative, and a few stone may not seem like much, but it actually is. :)

I really can see both sides of the coin - I've gone from needing to lose 10 stone to needing to lose half a stone, and losing weight still consumes my every thought, and I still feel fat. I really feel as though I still belong in this section, even though a lot of people may think why's she here when she's only got half a stone to lose. So if it was 3 stone left to lose (as it was about a year ago), it absolutely would feel like a mountain to climb, rather than the hill it is now, lol. I know you'll eventually get to this stage too, then hopefully you'll understand what I'm trying so ineptly to explain! :) xx

Last edited:
Interesting debate! I like the different view points, especially as I think people have different perspectives, partially dependent on their own weight loss history and personal experiences. I still personally think a few stone is a lot different to 10 plus stone. I don't take anything away from people who only have a couple of stone to lose, and wish everyone luck no matter how much they have to lose.

I would say that I think it is about the total journey. If you have been on a 'diet' for the last year and have lost 8 or 10 stone, and 'only' have 2 or 3 stone to lose - I think that would be the hardest thing. It's so close, but it would be the hardest 30 lbs to lose. But what I do not think is that somebody who has a total of 3 stone to lose, can be compared to someone who starts with 10 stone to lose.

Happy to agree to disagree with anyone, but I want to be clear I do wish everyone luck no matter the amount to lose at the beginning of the journey! Just for me it is not the same.

Interesting debate! I like the different view points, especially as I think people have different perspectives, partially dependent on their own weight loss history and personal experiences. I still personally think a few stone is a lot different to 10 plus stone. I don't take anything away from people who only have a couple of stone to lose, and wish everyone luck no matter how much they have to lose.

I would say that I think it is about the total journey. If you have been on a 'diet' for the last year and have lost 8 or 10 stone, and 'only' have 2 or 3 stone to lose - I think that would be the hardest thing. It's so close, but it would be the hardest 30 lbs to lose. But what I do not think is that somebody who has a total of 3 stone to lose, can be compared to someone who starts with 10 stone to lose.

Happy to agree to disagree with anyone, but I want to be clear I do wish everyone luck no matter the amount to lose at the beginning of the journey! Just for me it is not the same.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I think everyones battle is hard and there are people I know with only a few stones to loose who have less confidence than I do. However I get more hope and encouragement reading about those who have lost 10 stone plus cos it gives me hope. People who have only lost a few stone and started at my target weight dont motivate me as much. How ever its not trivialising a persons struggle with a smaller weight loss. Its hard work no matter and I also wish every single person good luck whether they have 3lbs or 30 stone to loose. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi there..how is everyone doing.

ive managed a 19lb loss in the last 3 weeks, so getting close to achieving my 12 stone loss..

Jane xx

Hello again

I've just started a summer 50lb challenge thread.

please feel free to join.

and good luck

Jane xx

Wow MissMiff youa re dong really well. 19lbs this motnh is brilliant :)

I have lost 4lbs which I am happy about :D

hi missmiff your doing brill x x

Back