200 lbs to lose

I finally weighed myself on Saturday. I have lost 1lb since I last weighed myself in mid-December. I was initially disappointed, and so Saturday night I had an Indian takeaway. On the plus side I did point it so at least knew what I ate. On the downside the takeaway was more than my entire day’s allowance. Oh dear. Sunday was better, and today I am feeling happier and more positive. 1lb loss means I must have had a good 1[SUP]st[/SUP] week in January as I have lost more than I put on pver December/Christmas. So really this is a good thing!

In other news I am just starting a new relationship and it is kinda freaking me out. I really REALLY like this person, but they are my manager at work which makes it so complicated. Also the last time I lost weight, I started a new relationship and when it ended I put on so much weight. I have had relationships since, but nothing as big, and I feel like this new relationship could be a big one. So I am now scared as to how far I have got the eating under control, and can deal with the highs and lows that relationships bring. But I guess I just have to go for it.

Happy New Year Buffy! You've done so well, you must be chuffed! I don't know much about relationships, but my advice is just to take each day as it comes. You've come this far on your own, and you can stick with it....you've already identified where you had issues in the past, so I think you'll be just fine.

I'm still trying to get my head back in the game, I put on so much over Christmas...However, I'm definitely thinking very positively about what 2014 will bring. Work has blocked loads of websites (boo) so no Minimins during the day. I will try popping back in more regularly to see how you're getting on.

Christiana xo

hi buffy

you go for it girl you deserve to find new love go with the flow and let the healthy eating go with the flow this is going to be your year im sure x x x

Thanks all forthe support.

I am glad to confirm yesterday I kept within my points. Today I am also on track. Am currently eating an apple!

Wow figment I can't even imagine entering a gym. I did Zumba a couple of years ago and really liked that, but it was in a community centre. Hope you continue to enjoy it :)

Hi Buffy, just popping in to subscribe! Wishing you all the best for your journey, well done on the weight you've lost so far.

Looking forward to following your progress xxx

Hey all, I completed my second session in the gym on Thursday and it's still going well. I'm actually really enjoying it. I do feel rather intimidated by the thin fit people that are there but I just smile and pretend I'm ok. I figure they may judge me on my size (possibly) but they can obviously see I'm trying to do something about it so I feel that must count for something. x Dreading Tuesday as my trainer wants to put me on the cross trainer and I'm not sure my knees are going to cope very well as they hurt badly when stepping up and down, but Ill do as I'm told and we'll see how I go x

hi figment
well done on your gym lessons
i agree they might look but they can see your doing something about your weight and that counts
good luck with the cross trainer if it gets to much tell him they understand
x xx

Hope you guys don't mind me gate crashing a bit, I've got over 10 stone to lose realistically, and find it a bit of a slap sometimes when people are complaining they have 18lbs to lose, i've got more than that to lose from one bum cheek alone hehee
So would love to watch and encourage you guys on your losses :) and along this journey!

I honestly understand how you feel jelly.. But since losing 11 stone I can see that weight really is a relative issue..

If someone wants to lose a few pounds its because they feel uncomfortable in their own skin.. Much the same as I did when i was 11 stone heavier.. So even tho we look and think skinny mini it really is relevant to them.

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I know your right, and obviously when i get down to my last few stone i'll be eating my own words complaining about my last st but at the min I'm bitter haha
Fantastic weightloss btw congrats, Have you followed a specific diet?

I've been using Paul mckennas hypnotic gastric band book and I've lost just over 11 stone since Feb 2013.. I still have about 4-5 stone to go yet and hoping to knock that out this year.. Hubby has lost 8 stone too.. So it's really working for us xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I've not heard of that before, will look it up in a sec. someone on facebook was advertising hypno gastric band parties i wondered whether they would work or not. Thats a really good loss rate, about the same as on vlcd so to be able to do that whilst eating is brilliant

jellybellies said:
I know your right, and obviously when i get down to my last few stone i'll be eating my own words complaining about my last st but at the min I'm bitter haha
Fantastic weightloss btw congrats, Have you followed a specific diet?

Lol, you took the words right out of my mouth! I've lost 9.5 stone and am now trying to lose the last half stone - and it feels every bit as difficult and significant in terms of the effort required as the first 133lbs did! But I still know what you mean, it can seem a bit of a kick in the teeth when people make a big deal of needing to lose a stone or two, and moan about how fat they feel, when you know you're so much bigger. But it IS all relative, I've been on both sides of the fence, so I can say that for sure, lol. All the best - you'll get loads of support on here. :) xx

hi
i agree with you tracy but you and jane (missmiff) know what its like to be the big girl some on here do not x x x

I think for people who only have a stone or two to lose, it's not so much about understanding how difficult it is to lose weight but more the timescales involved. If you knew that in three months you would have the perfect body weight it would be much easier (surely) to stay motivated or even six months, but knowing it's going to take YEARS to shift it, now that's a task!

Maybe it's all about understanding what life is really like when you're morbidly obese, the looks, the seat belts on planes, the breathlessness, the unspoken judgement etc - but there again you don't necessarily have to experience something to imagine what it's like - just playing devil's advocate here :)

WG x

For mepersonally I think the motivations to lose 3 stone are different to themotivations to lose 10 stone (or more). If you want to lose 10 stone, mostlikely the motivation is to feel healthy, and generally manage life better. If you are morbidly obese, things people takefor granted become 10 times more difficult (and often quite embarrassing). If you want to lose 3 stone, then usually itis about vanity (and I don’t mean this in a critical way). It is about looking skinny, and feelingbetter about how your body looks body. It’s not about making your life easier, but about liking what you see. I don’t want to dismiss the psychologicalimpact of not liking what you see in the mirror (for somebody of any size), butI honestly believe for most morbidly obese people getting your life back iswhat is important, whereas somebody who has 3 stone to lose is desperate towear a pair of size 8 jeans.

I do generalizein my comments, but it is how I personally feel, and what I have seen with friends/familyas well as what I have read on this board!

Back