200 lbs to lose

Hi all,

Glad you are back on it Debs. Your message was just the kick i needed :) Well done for getting back to your routine

I havent weighed myself in a month. My scales packed in and then Christmas came. The weeks before Christmas were really busy for me and I ate out so many times - I did try to be good and drank spirits and diet coke (rather than my favourite cocoktails) so I did try - sort of- maybe a little. I dont think I have put on weight, but I haven't been counting my points.

Today I have had new scales delivered (free exchange) and I am back to counting points. Will weigh myself first thing tomorrow to assess the damage.

Good luck to everyone trying to get back to their 'diet' this week and next week. Well done also to everyone who kept to it over Christmas. I am happy for you, although I do secretly hate you a little x x

I wi tomorrow morning as well so bsck on the starting blocks. Been bk on sw for two whole days. Walked a mile the gir s t day and 1.91miledtoday using map my walk :) ate my soup anf been pretty good the last two days :) heres to 2014. Buffy glad my msg gave u a wee kick haha xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm going for eight stones this year too, Deb, two stones each quarter so first goal is two stones off by the end of March - good luck!

WG x

Hi all, hope you don't mind me joining the chat :) I'm also someone who is going to be hanging round here for the foreseeable future. I started my current round of weight loss in may after I suffered from some health problems. While seeing my very nice doctor about my chest pains, palpitations and dizziness I also brought up the elephant in the room-me! I asked if she could refer me to someone who could help me. I was referred into a group our hospital run called food for thought which combines dietician, physio and psychologist support. I found the group very helpful but not enough to do something about it. In fact I ended up just after it was finished being my heaviest weight ever of 27st 12lb. I managed to get this down to 21st 1.5 lb by myself when I went back to ask to be referred to bariatric surgery. I thought it was my last hope. My reasons for wanting to lose my weight are firstly my health is beginning to suffer and the idea of dying young frightens me. This brings me to my second and most important reason I am a mummy to lovely 5yr old boy and I don't want him to grow up without me. My weight impacts on his life as there are things I am just not able to do with him as I physically can't either because I am too unfit or because my actual size stops me. It's really not fair that my weight is making him miss out on stuff so that's why I decided, after much deliberating, to ask about surgery. While going through the criteria list here was one thing I had never tried which was the fat busting pill orlistat. As I had to have given it a go I started taking it almost 8weeks ago. I was dubious about it but can safely say it has been the best move I have ever made. 7 weigh ins down and I'm now 30.5lbs lighter and have just got into the 24 stone bracket. It's not a miracle pill or anything like that it has just given me reason to rethink everything I stuff into my mouth as I don't want the side effects of eating too much fat. My first goal is to get to 19st 13lb which is still a long way away but for the first time in a long time I believe I can do it. I am also about to embark on some gym training sessions as part of the food for thought group as I was able to get referred into the local leisure centre. I'm very much dreading this side of things as exercise and me usually don't go hand in hand but needs must and if I'm going to be successful the time I've got to give it everything I've got. My little boy will get the mummy he deserves soon enough xx

Good for you, Figment, you're gonna kick ass! This time you sound like you really mean it and if the pills make you think about everything you are putting in your mouth then has got to be a good thing hasn't it?

I love your determination, your little boy is very lucky to have a Mum like you and he is bound to benefit from your journey as you get out in the fresh air more, walking, kicking a football, snowballing - it all burns calories and puts roses in little boy's cheeks! Find as many things you enjoy that make you move about more - I sometimes just put in my headphones and stand in the kitchen dancing around because no-one can see me, I must look like an idiot but it gets me out of breath moving around more and makes me feel really happy so don't choose exercise that's a chore because it all counts. You've done amazingly to have lost an average of more than 4lbs a week and without the discomfort of surgery - good for you!

Welcome and keep it up!

WG x

Welcome to the chat Figment. And amazingly well done on your weight loss so far! I hope you are feeling better, and have found it helped some of your health issues?

It's also nice to hear about finding a nice doctor :). They can be so useful when nice and helpful.

hi figment well done your have done great i to do not like the gym but i do enjoy doing lelise sansone walking dvd it on you tube hun give it a look at it does work i lost with it but stopped doing it came of diet plan and gained back so now im kicking my arse and getting back on the wagon good luck love x x

Figment well done! Buffy glad to see your still doing well.

Hi all thanks for all the lovely comments. Have my assessment at the leisure centre on Thursday so hopefully that goes ok. I have started getting out and about more with my little one, have got a friend and her two children that are wanting to be out and about so we have days out walking etc with them. It's been a lot easier since I've lost a bit of weight. The horrid pain in the base of my back is practically gone compared to when it just used to hurt to even stand still for a couple of minutes. X

Hi all thanks for all the lovely comments. Have my assessment at the leisure centre on Thursday so hopefully that goes ok. I have started getting out and about more with my little one, have got a friend and her two children that are wanting to be out and about so we have days out walking etc with them. It's been a lot easier since I've lost a bit of weight. The horrid pain in the base of my back is practically gone compared to when it just used to hurt to even stand still for a couple of minutes. X

well done figment thas great news and it spurs you on amazing thats what you are x x

Great news - how weird I have a pain or did have in the bottom of my back. Once I lost a few stone this went completely. I struggle with my right hip and left knee when I hammer the exercise. The knee is from an old rugby injury but the weight also makes it worse.

Let us know how the assessment goes

hi figment how did it go x x

well done love on your brill loss x

Subscribing. :)

It's nice to be amongst people who are of a similar size/weight to me. I've always avoided dieting with other people because they've never had anywhere near the same amount of weight to lose, and I would feel self conscious about the fact that my recommended daily calorie allowance (or, now that I'm doing Weight Watchers, my points allowance) was so much higher than theirs. I tried Weight Watchers several years ago but circumstances changed and I couldn't go to the meetings. I avoided doing anything about my weight for a long time, although I did look into bariatric surgery but a friend of mine had it and suffered horribly so I backed out, and then around October of last year I tried Atkins and lost around 20lbs, but heartbreak, quite severe depression and the excesses of Christmas knocked me off track. After visiting my GP and starting fluoxetine, I'm back on the Weight Watchers train at home, combined with watching my carb intake. I weighed in at 27st 13lbs on January the first, and then at 27st exactly on the 8th. I'm hoping I'll see another substantial loss on Monday, which is when I see my GP about starting Orlistat. I've heard good things about it, and I'm willing to try just about anything to reach my goal weight of 10st. I'm aiming to lose 125lbs this year and then 125lbs next year. I really, really need to do this because it is affecting my life more than I like to admit.

Hi there... Just wondered if I could join your chat.

ive been here a year in February and lost just over 11 stone. I have about 5 more to go, and still feeling positive.

good luck on your journeys, they're making fab reading xx

Thanks figment

I really do feel so very different..

Luckily my hubby is in the journey with me, and has lost almost 8 stone too.

Every part of my life has changed.. My confidence, health. I now have a fantastic social life.

I used to read fantastic success stories, and can still hardly believe that I am living my very own.

Im a completely happy person, and it's great.

Back