2011 - Hello to a new me !

Pommette

Trying - very!
Hi everyone
I only found this forum today and already I feel better
I always used to be trim - having a BMI of 20.5 when I married in 1976. But the more stressful the job became and grabbing quick snacks on the run meant the weight piled on. By summer 2006 when we retired to Spain, I was about 5st overweight - so in 2007 I set about losing it.
With no SW groups in Spain, I stole my mum's books and just took it slow and steady and lost 2½ st. But with no support, boredom set in but I stayed at that weight for 2½ years.
Disaster in the last 6 months of 2010 - I put 7 lbs back on - so at New Year I decided that I wanted to find a new slimmer me.
So here I am. I've lost 7 lbs in my first 4 weeks on my own but still with 40 lbs to go.
I'll take it slow and steady again and if I can get rid of them by the end of the year I'll be really pleased.
So here I am - raring to go, and having found this site and all the useful forums and help I know I can do it.

Last edited:
Definately agree about the healthier one. I have arthritis (albeit fairly mild and controlled) but the heavier I am the more problems I have with my knees!

Nice to meet you here and good luck toyou too

Hi Pommette

Well done for already losing a couple of stone and maintaining that loss and now ready to continue with your journey to a healthier lifestyle. My hubby has arthritic feet and I have MS which was an important reason for us to lose the weight together. We have never felt fitter since losing the weight, we have both lost 8st and after 30yrs of marriage we are now doing things we never dreamt of.

There is no rush for you to lose the weight so don't put pressure on yourself, it has to be a lifestyle change so that you keep the weight off for the rest of your life. Use this site as your support system, I wish you well and if I can be of any help, just shout.

2 months on

Well - 2 months in and I've lost 13 lbs. Pleased but disappointed at the same time as my mini-target was a stone at this point. Never mind - I'll do it next week!

How are the rest of you doing?

10 weeks into the plan

Yippee - lost the first stone at last! Only 1 week after original target date so not too bad.

I set myself a few mini-targets for the year.
1. Get below 14 st - achieved 28/02/11
2. Lose first stone - acheived 21/03/11
3. Get BMI below 30 - also achieved 21/03/11

Getting my BMI below 30 was the big one in my mind.
Done it today – only just at 29.9 – but at least it’s going in the right direction.

Like everyone, I have ups and downs but I’ve now lost a total of 6.8 kg = 14.96 lbs so I’m well please.
Now only another 2 st 4 lbs to go to get BMI below 25.

My next target is to have lost 3 stone since I originally started. Only 1kg to go which I'd love to do this week but realistically will probably take me 2.

Last edited:
Back