2013, the Paleo way!

Day 26:
Didn't have any breakfast - OH had to work in the morning, so took the opportunity to spend far too long in bed, haha!
Lunch: Omelette (Pepper, tomato, onion, sausage)
Dinner: Lasagne (Used leek instead of pasta sheet & blitzed courgette, avocado, spinach and walnuts for the bechemel sauce) <--- But the leeks didn't cook too well. We blanched them in hot water before putting them in. Will maybe cook them completely through next time.

Day 26:
Didn't have any breakfast - OH had to work in the morning, so took the opportunity to spend far too long in bed, haha!
Lunch: Omelette (Pepper, tomato, onion, sausage)
Dinner: Lasagne (Used leek instead of pasta sheet & blitzed courgette, avocado, spinach and walnuts for the bechemel sauce) <--- But the leeks didn't cook too well. We blanched them in hot water before putting them in. Will maybe cook them completely through next time.

The leeks def need cooking through! I tried it a few weeks ago and had the same issue .

I have used in the past a topping of cottage cheese and cream cheeses sprinkled with grated moz ..

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey! :D
Thanks for the clarification on the leeks! There's another 4 portions of uncooked lasagne left, lol - It's my job to rescue it today! Ahah!

I'm really trying to avoid all cheese, it's always been one of my downfalls, but that sounds amazing!

Read through your diet diary yesterday - Amazing stuff! xx

Thanks am trying to re-figure things out.. Fell over board coming off the pain killers, its hard getting back on it! But am getting there slowly ..

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It was okay - the replacement bechemel still needs work - but it was tasty enough! Still not sure about the leek, I think I'll try strips of courgette next time!!

Day 27:
Brunch: Omelette (Sausage, onion, pepper) & swede chips!
Dinner: Lasagne (as above) & salad

Day 28:
Breakfast: Pear, apple & grapes
Lunch: Sweet potato hash, sausage, fried egg
Dinner: Lasagne & salad

Have had much, much more water today!

Now I remember where I got my lasagna craving from, lol! :D

Great news on the water, it looks like you've had a tasty few days. :)

Aw, thanks! I love cooking & love my kitchen! :D

Day 29:
Breakfast: Sausage, sweet potato hash, fried egg
Lunch: Ham salad
Dinner: Salmon fishcakes, spinach, sweet potato & parsnip chips !

This was my salad!

1380a40e6a1611e2bad822000a9f3047_7.jpg

These were the fishcakes! (OH made them! :D)

78ffa5746a6011e280ba22000a9f1893_7.jpg

Went swimming today - another mile down! :D

I love it!!! I sometimes get it in my veg box!!! I believe its nice roasted although I've never tried it like that!!! X

Its gorgeous roasted with a drizzle of olive oil and some sea slat and pepper!!!

Mind you, isnt everything thats prepared in that way? lol.

Lol.... So true!!!!!! To think..... Most diets I've done I've always avoided olive oil like the plague!!!!

Mad isnt it? X

I'll try the roasted one, I think! That sounds amazing!

Day 30:

Breakfast: Frittata
Lunch: Sausage, salad, fried egg
Dinner: Sausage, sweet potato hash, fried egg, chorizo

Struggling with lunches at the minute - I find it's a bit cold for salad, so I don't fancy it & want something warm! But at the same time, don't have enough time to cook something.

Think I'll make up a couple of soups over the weekend, so I can just warm them up next week.

About to go for lunch now - just don't know what to have today! :(

Having a bit of a mare at work at the minute - too much to do piling up on my desk! :(

It's at this point I would usually just grab a cheese and coleslaw sarnie and a pack of crisps, lol :(

I don't want to though - and I won't because I just don't fancy it - but I recognise where I was going wrong.

But I don't have anything to replace it with at the minute! GAH! >_<

Sorry, mini rant out! Hahah! :(

I had these in the end!

b0c5ffde6bb011e2929322000a9e0719_7.jpg

I wasn't sure what a lettuce leaf would be like as a wrap, but it was actually really, really tasty!

Think I'll buy a bigger lettuce next time! Haha!

Swimming tonight again - Looking forward to it!! :D

I batch cook paleo soups for the week... always got easy dinners... and I never throw any left overs away.... freeze it all for an easy lunch.... I love thickening soup with coconut milk!!! Paleo cream of tomato soup!!! Mmmmmm!!!

X

Back