2014 - The year of no more excuses!

Thursday 29/05/2014

Weight 166.2 lbs

1 pot Little Yeos Organic Raspberry yoghurt (97 cal)
2 apricots (40 cal)
Glorious Rio Carnival soup (135 cal)
Cheese on toast - 40g medium cheddar + slice of Warburton's seeded small loaf (247 cal)
Salad - baby mixed leaves, 2 cherry tomatoes, cucumber, baby carrot, radish & alfalfa sprouts & light mayo (75 cal)
* Cadbury Flake chocolate dessert (216 cal)
80g wholemeal spaghetti (252 cal)
Bacon, chorizo & veggie sauce - 40g smoked bacon lardons, 3 slices chorizo, 40g courgette, 50g mushrooms, 20g green pepper, 20g red onion, 15g carrot, 10g celery, little splash of sunflower oil, 1/3 can tinned tomatoes, squeeze each of tomato & garlic puree, dried herbs (432 cal)
Sprinkle of cheese - 5g parmesan, 5g cheddar (45 calories)

1.4 litres Robinsons squash

1539 cal / 5 of my 5-a-day / 1 treat

Last edited:
I put entirely the wrong date on my last post. I honestly don't know whether I'm coming or going! I noted down what I ate on Friday on my phone but it's somehow deleted! It was really healthy with the exception of 2 drinks in the evening (Pimms and a gin & tonic) and I got my 5-a-day fruit and veg in :) This weekend hasn't been so great though...

Saturday 31/05/2014

Weight: 164.8 lbs

Belvita strawberry & yogurt breakfast biscuit (110 cal)
Cheese on toast - 40g medium cheddar + slice of Warburton's seeded small loaf (247 cal)
Couple of mouthfuls of leek & potato Cup-a-Soup (20 cal)
* Tyrell's sea salt & cider vinegar crisps (200 cal)
* Softmints (170 cal)
* Haagen-Daz Pralines & Cream individual pot (280 cal)
Thai Square duck & vegetable spring roll (approx. 400 cal)
Thai Square lamb mussaman curry (approx. 450 cal)
Thai Square half portion of coconut rice (approx. 400 cal)

* Half a bottle of white wine
* Strawberry Mojito
1 litre Evian water
500 mL Robinson's squash

2277 cal + alcohol calories / 1 of my 5-a-day / 5 treats

Saturday was a bit of an exception - my Dad and I went to the Royal Albert Hall for 2 films where the score was played along with a live orchestra; having a bit of father & daughter bonding is probably a once-per-year thing, so I just went with it and enjoyed myself! It was a great day. My Mum isn't a fan of spicy food when they go out so my Dad was really keen to have Thai food when we went for dinner... I can only guess the calories but I didn't really care. Same with the cocktails, the wine and the ice-cream - we had the drinks with dinner and the ice-cream during the interval (although Dad had an ice-cream during each film, I didn't have one the second time as I was a bit concious of how much I'd eaten). We also walked 4 miles which goes a little way to helping balance things out.

Sunday 01/06/2014

Woke up this morning with ANOTHER BLOODY MIGRAINE. I've been getting them way more frequently lately, I don't understand why. I could barely see properly and woke up feeling like I hadn't slept at all. I was supposed to be at work at 9am but contacted my boss and said I'd come in once my medication had time to work a bit (being there is bearable, it's getting the tube that's the struggle - it makes the nausea so much worse and I get super sensitive to smells, so hot sweaty people on underground trains... eugh). Anyway, I made it in eventually at about 11am and got some McDonald's on the way in because I was just craving salt like anything (another unfortunate feature of my migraines).

* Large McDonald's fries completely doused in salt... so healthy! (430 cal)
* McChicken sandwich, minus most of the bun and mayo so just the chicken burger bit really (200 cal)
Half bag of crisp mix salad leaves (30 cal)
Sainsbury's salad bar small bowl - 2 boiled eggs, chickpea dhaal, butterbean & red pepper salad, mixed peppers, 2 cherry tomatoes, beetroot salad (approx. 500 cal)
* Borders chocolate ginger biscuits x6 (516 cal)
Slice of Warburtons seeded small loaf, toasted with Marmite (90 cal)
Broccoli & cauliflower Cup-a-Soup (109 cal)
Austrian smoked cheese (148 cal)

1.5 litres Robinson's squash
* Can of Diet Coke
Cup of ginger, lemon & ginseng tea

2023cal / 2 of my 5-a-day / 10 'treats'/junk food items (Fi, put the biscuits down!)

I should've just got some sachets of salt... I don't know why I crave salt so much when I have a migraine. Apparently it's not uncommon though. Probably ought to have stayed off work but it would've really screwed my colleagues over if I hadn't turned up at all as we had 4 radiologists in and all studies would've breached their KPI targets if I hadn't gone in. I hunted in the little Tesco nearby (only place open at that time on a Sunday) but of course they don't stock stem or crystalised ginger, which is about the only thing that helps the nausea. My workmate went to M&S when they opened and got me some ginger tea which really helped but I'd nibbled my way through several biscuits by then. Ahh well. Can't do anything about it now.
I definitely need to go and see my GP about these migraines. I used to get them once in a while but recently they've been almost every week... I wonder if the dust from the building work is affecting my sinuses and triggering them, though I'm sure stress and the warmer weather have a lot to answer for as well.

This week coming WILL be better!

Last edited:
Oh sweetie, those migraines sounds awful. Definitely go to your doctor about it, see if there's anything at all they can do to help. How are you feeling now? I know sometimes people get them and they last for ages.

Sounds like you had a great Saturday though, but do you know if any kind of food triggers your migraines? I have an ex that used to get them a lot and his was mainly triggered by too much dairy.

Those films with a live score just sounds amazing. I want to do that so much! What films did you see?

I know what you mean about the tube, I can't bear it if I feel even a little under the weather. I was hanging a tiny bit on Sunday as I had been out in Angel the night before and as soon as I got on the tube - BAM! Feel awful. Was so close to running off the tube before my stop cos I was so close to puking. Had this woman next to me chomping away on a chewing gum (she was properly going at it, was pretty vile) and kept breathing all over me. Oh my god the smell was making me feel sooooooo bad. And there was a girl opposite me just drooling and not even wiping it. She had a huge puddle of saliva on her blouse. That didn't help. Anyway, I'm rambling but I really hope you're feeling better - and don't feel too guilty about the bad food - you do what you have to do to feel better in the moment!

Hope you're okay :)

Hey doll, thanks for stopping by! Feeling much better now thanks - they usually don't last longer than 24 hours. I'd never thought about dairy actually; I know red wine, cheese and things can be triggers but I'd not thought of dairy, and I have had quite a lot lately... thanks for the tip, I'll try and keep track and see if there is a link.
We saw Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness... my Dad and I are both a bit geeky, hehe! They did it for Gladiator a couple of weeks back which my friend went to see and he said that was brilliant too. It's definitely a more interesting experience than just going to the cinema!
OMG that sounds horrendous. Ugh I hate other people's mouth/eating noises... I think some people just don't realise how loud and gross they are?! I always feel hyper aware of how I sound. Eww, unless you're basically unconscious, drooling on yourself is grim. Just reading about your journey makes my stomach turn, I can't imagine how you managed it with a wobbly tum, you poor thing!

Monday 02/06/2014

Onken cherry muesli yogurt (220 cal)
Raspberries (20 cal)
Smoked salmon & cream cheese bagel (460 cal)
Nectarine (49 cal)
* Half bag wild berry skittles (115 cal)
Salad - few pieces of Sainsburys BBQ chicken breast, 2 tbsp Sainsburys BGTY potato salad, 2 tbsp Sainsburys bulgar wheat, chickpea & quinoa grain mix, 6 garlic & herb croutons, handful of raw baby spinach (250 cal)
Apricot (17 cal)
Chicken breast with sundried tomato & wrapped in bacon (300 cal)
Roasted veggies - tomato, red onion, courgette, red & yellow pepper, aubergine (130 cal)
2 baby new potatoes (100 cal)
* 3 cheese twists (120 cal)

750 mL water
300 mL Robinson's squash

1781 cal / 5 of my 5-a-day / 2 treats

Could've done with drinking more, but otherwise I'm quite pleased with today. Visited my parents for dinner and do some laundry - our washing machine is broken and landlord is taking forever to get someone to fix it. My Mum recently got an allotment as well as growing some fruit & veg in their garden at home, so she sent me back with some homegrown strawberries and a head of cos lettuce, yum yum yum.

Tuesday 03/06/2014

Belvita strawberry & yogurt breakfast biscuits x2 (220 cal)
Strawberries (40 cal)
Salad - baby spinach, cos lettuce, tomato, cucumber, orange pepper, few pieces of Sainsburys BBQ chicken breast, 2 tbsp Sainsburys BGTY potato salad, 3 tbsp Sainsburys bulgar wheat, chickpea & quinoa grain mix (350 cal)
* Flake dessert pot (216 cal)
Homemade chilli con carne (365 cal) topped with 1/2 an avocado (140 cal)
Fridge Raiders roast chicken bites (125 cal)
* Ginger cake bar (111 cal)

1567 cal / 5 of my 5-a-day / 2 treats

Homemade chilli had 375g of 10% fat beef mince, a large red onion, orange & green pepper, garlic, tin of chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, tin of red kidney beans, tin of black eyed beans, beef stock cube, cumin, coriander (ground & fresh), cinnamon, cayenne pepper, Piri Piri chilli flakes. I worked it out as 4 x 365 cal portions. Chilli is probably my favourite meal, I could eat it every day. Trying to resist going back for more because I'm definitely full and don't NEED any more. I just love to eat, lol. Going to get some more squash and settle down with an episode of Game of Thrones before bed.

Last edited:
Wednesday 04/06/2014

* Ginger cake bar (111 cal)
Peanut Tracker bar (181 cal)
Cream of vegetable Cup-a-Soup (135 cal)
Cherries (100 cal)
2 bites of Herman Ze German bratwurst sausage in a roll (it was disgusting... so disappointing since it cost nearly £5!) (40 cal)
* 3 chocolate chip cookies (166 cal)
Maretti oven baked roasted garlic & herb fettuccine snacks (242 cal)
Homemade chilli con carne (365 cal) topped with 1/2 an avocado (140 cal)
Tilda brown basmati rice (158 cal)
* 4 chocolate truffles (240 cal)

Walked 3 miles, approx. 250 calories burned.

1628 cal / 3 of my 5-a-day / 3 treats

Back