2016 Monday Weigh In

Brilliant - well done you x

Joining weigh in for week 2 - 4lbs! Making a total of 1 stone in 2 weeks!

Well done Miss Angel. I'm joining this thread as a Monday weigher too. No need to tell my losses as my sig follows me wherever I go! :banana_dancer:

Early morning weigh in and it is 3lbs off!

Lost 3 lb this week! To be honest was missing my Sunday roast dinner so last week and yesterday I had a dinner. I didn't use any of My exante products I only had the roast dinner to eat. Had my protein which was pork my starchy veg broccilli and cauliflower some leeks. I had a sweet potatoe roasted and a little gravy. I have stayed in ketosis throughout. So I think I will continue with this on a Sunday.

Just a as word of warning, when you eat carbs and your body restocks its glycogen stores, your body purges ketones as it thinks it doesn't need them anymore - you may even pee deep purple giving you a false sense of security.
Roast dinner though...mmmmm....

I kept my carbs/sugar intake well within what I would of ate had I have had my usual 3 shakes so surely that is allowed and wouldn't take me out of ketosis?

What do you mean by 'purging' ketones Miss Angel??? Aren't they by-products of burning fat, and just an alternative source of fuel to glucose during fat burning??? :peep:

Sorry for late reply - bad form!
Ketones are what the body uses for fuel - it breaks down fat to make them so not by-products. You lose excess ketones when in ketosis which is why we pee pink, but when your body gets a load of carbs it dumps the ketones it was holding onto to run the body and switches to the new source of energy you gave it. So at that point you might even pee purple and think all is fine but it isn't the true picture. Now, whether that matters is another thing. If you are still losing weight perhaps it doesn't, but if it is important for you to be in ketosis (with the appetite suppressant effect) then it is worth bearing in mind.
Even if you aren't peeing pink you can be in ketosis if your carb level is low enough - it just means you are drinking plenty of water and/or don't have any excess to get rid of. Years ago on an Atkins type diet I was doing really well and then had an unavoidable curry (would have offended boss) and tested as soon as I got home. Thought I was home and dry as the stick was so dark but then I researched and realise that it was my body coming out of ketosis, dumping ketones and munching on curry. Always remembered it!

Thanks for this explanation will continue to monitor however am keeping my carbs low.
Anyhow on week 6 and have now lost a stone and a half so well happy. Do find it easy. Not craving food including sweet stuff which was always my nemesis.

Another 3 off for me. You get results I can't deny that but getting a bit bored now. Any experience of the weigh management range from Exante? Thinking of switching after my holiday in a couple of weeks.

Lost another 4lb so only 3lb off 2 stone.
I am mixing between high protein and low carb foods and the shakes. Still having my roast dinner on a Sunday. Will have fish. And have had KFC on a Friday. Been getting ideas from Michael mosley the blood sugar diet for meal ideas. Does make it more doable. 1 more week and then on holiday for a fortnight then will return.

Back