2017, My Slimming World Journey

martine125

Well I am back for another weightloss try and (positive thinking!!) my final try to lose this extra weight. I have been successful on and off with slimming world over the years but get so far and then stop, with the inevitable piling the weight back on occurring. Really trying a different mind set this year with a lifestyle plan and healthy eating. I want to be healthier, fitter and happier moving forward as I am not getting any younger! About 7 stone to lose for a health BMI and healthy weight, so here goes x

Good luck :D

Good luck hun! I am sure you will do it! :) Positive thinking!!!

Well started the weight loss plan officially on the Monday 9th and had a bit of a mixed week. Not 100% on plan but some small changes made and probably about half week on plan if honest. Weighed this morning and 3.5lbs off. Maybe not the best start for a first week but heading in the right direction. Have been slowly getting the head around the changes are for life concept but think this will take a fair bit of time before that happens. Have planned a full weeks meals for this week and written them down to see if this helps me and online shop coming tonight so no excuses. Here's to a better week. Also going to try and visit this site daily if I can for motivation. Need to stop using the too busy and have some me time.

Well started the weight loss plan officially on the Monday 9th and had a bit of a mixed week. Not 100% on plan but some small changes made and probably about half week on plan if honest. Weighed this morning and 3.5lbs off. Maybe not the best start for a first week but heading in the right direction. Have been slowly getting the head around the changes are for life concept but think this will take a fair bit of time before that happens. Have planned a full weeks meals for this week and written them down to see if this helps me and online shop coming tonight so no excuses. Here's to a better week. Also going to try and visit this site daily if I can for motivation. Need to stop using the too busy and have some me time.

Well done on losing 3.5lbs today. That's really good considering you haven't been totally on plan :)

Like you I also started back last week and have just had my first weigh in.
I try to come on here atleast once a day to keep my motivation going and it seems to be working. I also find keeping a food diary each day is really helping.
Good luck this week.

Thank you Little MissNaughty and well done on your 6lb loss. That's great :). I do try to keep a food diary but forget at times, need to make it a habit I think. I have along ways to go but am trying to look at a stone at a time so it doesn't seem as daunting. I am also going to try and get on here daily as some really good motivation on this. I need to get moving a bit more but really struggle with winter. Just want to sit in when its miserable weather. Roll on lighter nights. I have no excuse as I have a wee dog who would walk for miles rain or shine lol, its me who cuts the walks shorto_O. Good luck for the week ahead :)

Thank you Little MissNaughty and well done on your 6lb loss. That's great :). I do try to keep a food diary but forget at times, need to make it a habit I think. I have along ways to go but am trying to look at a stone at a time so it doesn't seem as daunting. I am also going to try and get on here daily as some really good motivation on this. I need to get moving a bit more but really struggle with winter. Just want to sit in when its miserable weather. Roll on lighter nights. I have no excuse as I have a wee dog who would walk for miles rain or shine lol, its me who cuts the walks shorto_O. Good luck for the week ahead :)

Thanks hun, I am really happy with my weight loss this week. I just hope I can keep the motivation going.

I always break mine down into mini chunks. I then set myself little challenges to keep me going. Hopefully you'll get through the stones in no time and every 1lb is closer to a stone so even little losses help :)

I love winter for walking, as long as it's not raining. I love to be out in the fresh air and if it's cold it makes me walk quicker ;)

Well done on losing 3.5lb! Thats fab! :D Keep it up, you will get used to the plan, just stick to it! xx

Well done on losing 3.5lb! Thats fab! :D Keep it up, you will get used to the plan, just stick to it! xx

Thank you, am feeling a bit more positive now. Have just spent the rest of my lunch break on the Iceland shopping and have ordered a delivery for Friday, slimmingworld meals and salads to give them a go. Thinking having them even in freezer on standby will be good for weekend. x

Thank you, am feeling a bit more positive now. Have just spent the rest of my lunch break on the Iceland shopping and have ordered a delivery for Friday, slimmingworld meals and salads to give them a go. Thinking having them even in freezer on standby will be good for weekend. x

I've not tried any of the slimming world meals. Have you had them before? Are they nice? I might have a look next time I'm near iceland.

I've not tried any of the slimming world meals. Have you had them before? Are they nice? I might have a look next time I'm near iceland.

I haven't actually tried them but have read and heard some good reports. Got 5 different ready meals, some beefburgers, sausages and the potato and noodle salads. Not really a fan of ready meals but think to have on standby will be good if making something for hubby and son that I cant have x. Bonus getting 2 pack of 6 mullers free as offer on just now. Will let you know my thoughts on them x

I haven't actually tried them but have read and heard some good reports. Got 5 different ready meals, some beefburgers, sausages and the potato and noodle salads. Not really a fan of ready meals but think to have on standby will be good if making something for hubby and son that I cant have x. Bonus getting 2 pack of 6 mullers free as offer on just now. Will let you know my thoughts on them x

Yes please let me know how you get on with them.
Like you I'm not a big fan of ready meals but they would be good to have in for a quick lunch.

Well just had a lovely omelette packed with mushrooms, onion peppers wafer thin ham and used sins for some grated cheese. Was lovely. Instead of sitting down for an hour after work, during which time I would snack on naughty things normally, I took Tara (my wee dog )out for a 20 min walk. Came back and straight to the kitchen to make dinner for hubby and made a pot of lentil and carrot soup at the same time. No time for naughty snacking lol.

Finished dinner, tidying and dishes all done so time for another wee read on here for some continuing motivation.

Will need it for tomorrow as going to a Spa treatment day with afternoon tea that was a present ;) Going to have to treat tomorrow as a flexible day and have fruit and yoghurt for breakfast and soup for evening meal to try to minimise the effects of the afternoon tea.

Normally that would see me throwing the towel in for the week but not going to do that, will make good choices otherwise.

Have also ordered a 12 week food diary to try to help me keep track of things better so heres hoping x

I really like the SW meals. They're lovely. Huge portions and don't taste like ready meals. Made with fresh ingredients etc. The Chicken in Black Bean and the Chicken and Chorizo Paella are gorgeous!
The sausages aren't fantastic but the burgers are nice :) xxx

Well back from a lovely spa day with my bestie and feeling not too bad about the afternoon tea, even although scared to work out sins. Had a Muller, apple and couple tangerines for breakfast, plenty water and some hot water and lemon. The actual afternoon tea was 4 crustless finger sandwiches on wholemeal bread, and choose the beef and ham fillings without added dressings. But the cakes lol. Although they were mini size had a scone and jam, mini dropped scone, shortbread,and raspberry tart followed by half a bottle of prosecco!! Anyway fruit for this evening to nibble on and plenty more water. Not hungry at all so that's a bonus x. So many times before I would have thought sod it and came home and ate the wrong things for the sake if it thinking I had blown it, but straight back on plan. One meal off plan will not make me throw the towel in this time x

I really like the SW meals. They're lovely. Huge portions and don't taste like ready meals. Made with fresh ingredients etc. The Chicken in Black Bean and the Chicken and Chorizo Paella are gorgeous!
The sausages aren't fantastic but the burgers are nice :) xxx

Do you add extra veg to them or is veg added in already? Looking forward to trying them xc

I always add extra veg, or have fruit or whatever afterwards. They are big portions, but I always like to have more speed with my meals than you have too haha

Feel a bit crappy today, sore throat headache and generally achy but getting on with it as we woman do!.

So far so good with food intake. Muller, 2 tangerines and some strawberries for break fast. Lunch was Homemade Lentil and carrot soup, 3 Ryvita with Laughing cow light and tomato. Have an apple and another couple tangerines for the afternoon if peckish. Thinking Stirfry for tea as have some Quorn pieces to use up with plenty mushrooms, onions, peppers and whatever other veg I have in fridge. Have oyster sauce for the stirfry but not sure if free as in book says same consistency as soy sauce free but this is thicker? Anyone any ideas? Havent used any sins yet anyway so should be alright if I have to Syn anyway.

I have a hen do in May in Spain and would ideally like to be 3 stone lighter by then. That's about 16 and a half weeks from now so would need a regular 2.5lbs per week. Think that is doable if I put my mind to it x

Back