;-(

laura269

Hey all,

I need some help please. I've had a huge row with OH and he has stormed off to get pissed no doubt. All I want to do is go out later and drink. I'm not bothered about the food and know I can't drink whilst in ketosis but I feel so low.

I need to stop this train of thought as I'm on day 31 at 100% and doing so well but he knows how to push my buttons. Please kick me hard and tell me to stop this destructive thinking xx

Hiya, don't let this upset your diet. If you need to let off steam go for a walk or retail therapy. Your issue is with your OH, so don't let it become a food/drink issue. Think how well you've done and focus on that. You can do this x

Hey all,

I need some help please. I've had a huge row with OH and he has stormed off to get pissed no doubt. All I want to do is go out later and drink. I'm not bothered about the food and know I can't drink whilst in ketosis but I feel so low.

I need to stop this train of thought as I'm on day 31 at 100% and doing so well but he knows how to push my buttons. Please kick me hard and tell me to stop this destructive thinking xx

Urrgh.

First of all, have a big {{{{hug}}}}

Secondly, allow yourself to feel angry! :flamingmad: Don't feel you have to bottle it up or bury it - rage hun. If there's no one in the house, have a yell at him in his absence and tell him exactly how you feel. If there is someone in the house, grab a pillow and scream into it. As Party Girl No.1 said, you need to let off some steam. You could even write him a letter and pour out everything you feel. You don't have to give it to him (in fact, it might be better if you don't - you'll also get some 'pleasure' from ripping the thing up into tiny pieces after you've finished).

Have you got a friend you can tell? Don't feel even worse if you haven't - sometimes things just aren't appropriate for sharing with friends anyway and actually, some of the times I have done that, things have been made worse cos the friend (thinking they were doing me a favour :rolleyes:) waded in, all guns blazing...) - but if there is someone you can trust, do it! Or tell us about it here (but only if you want to).

But you need to get your feelings off your chest somehow and however you're feeling right now, you're not really going to get relief from having a drink, hun. :hug99: All that'll do is put off the moment when you explode.

I sort of understand - this is not the same thing at all but I have had the most awful week (work stress) and it finished off by going for a job interview yesterday and I didn't get it :( anyway ALL I wanted to do was buy a massive easter egg and gobble it. But I said to myself, I am NOT going to let them ruin this for me. Xxx

food and drink are not the answer. the trouble is with your OH, rant... it'll help.

I didn't come off track. Stayed 100% and an very proud! Xx

Well done! Remember this moment and how brilliant you feel for staying in control for if it ever happens again :)

Aw, well done. You should be well-chuffed with yourself! :happy096:

Back