21 days to kick the habit...

rainbow27

i have been inspired to start this thread from reading another post, and when they had written it takes 21 days to kick the habit i looked into this further and indeed it is well documented that it takes 21 days to kick a habit, my habit being picking at food im not meant to on the cambridge.... sooo i have decided that if i stick to it for 21 days my cravings should disapear, right?? well hopefully nevertheless i am finding it easier to say no.. im only day two, but the dinner i just smelt would usually have made it impossible for me to resist however i just kept thinking come on 21 days you can do this... so whos coming to join me?? :wave_cry:

Im in too. Although i think i will always have a little devil on my shoulder egging me on.....:-(

oh i know what you mean sleepybird, day three i keep going over the mantra 21 days to break the habit... in my head... look like a bit of a loon doing it out loud ha ha good luck today xx

good luck trisha, we can do it!!! have a lovely day x

Day 1.
My mantra today: Hour by hour, 1 day down.

Hi just thought i'd drop in and say that i was having trouble with picking when i was preparing food for others, not because i was hungry, just because it was a bad habit, to the point i was doing it without even realising. Someone suggested to me to chew sugarfree gum (i know its not advised as makes you hungry) but i just have it as soon as i'm about to prepare food, until everyone has finished eating. It works a treat! I'm not even tempted to pick, and i havent found it makes me hungry either.
Hope this might help :)

I love this post - had fallen off plan - but gearing up to start tomorrow and will try the 21 day thing - love that idea -cause it seems really manageable! Thanks for this!

Hi just thought i'd drop in and say that i was having trouble with picking when i was preparing food for others, not because i was hungry, just because it was a bad habit, to the point i was doing it without even realising. Someone suggested to me to chew sugarfree gum (i know its not advised as makes you hungry) but i just have it as soon as i'm about to prepare food, until everyone has finished eating. It works a treat! I'm not even tempted to pick, and i havent found it makes me hungry either.
Hope this might help :)

this is my problem, I don't really have any "major" cheats or blow outs just picking at food while preparing for others,like you I know its only habit, and I'm not hungry, but I think the little tastes are enough to knock me out of ketosis, I will try your sugar free gum idea, hopefully it will keep me on track for 21 days

yep i'm in... 21 days to kick this habit

Great idea for a thread :clap: 21 days? Easy peasy :clap:

Rainbow this is great I am in. I am starting today. Day one for me. Did you already start Rainbow or are you waiting to start on a certain day? I believe I can really stick to 21 days

hey guys, good to have you on board ha ha :D yeah im a picker, i pick when i get home, and i pick so fast i think it wont matter.. i am nearly at the end of day 3 not picking USAgirl so long may it continue.. i think im doing well as i know 21 days is manageable like you said newyearnewme. i have just been thinking loads about money as well thats 40 a week for this so the sooner i get to target the better.
good luck everyone, good night x

Interesting thread.

Just to add i am on day 21 tomorrow and have been 100% ss for the last 3 weeks and i think this theory works. The 1st week was hard but now i prepare my familys meals and sit in the same room as they eat and it doesnt seem to bother me anymore at all.

I dont crave food much and never pick when i prepare their food or clear away the plates and load the dishwasher.

Good luck to you all

hey peeps hows it going today... well did we just not get loads of chocolates in my work today and the keen baker of the group brought in loads of stuff but i resisted... repeating to myself... 21 days to break a habit ha ha (nutter) weigh in tomorrow so will see how im doing, im well in ketosis although i get hungry in ketosis!!! which is a burgerrrr!!
xx

Hey ladies I am in the middle of day 3, I must admit the first 2 days have been hard, but I am counting the days down only 18 days to go after today :D:D:D

Yummymummy- I cant wait until I am at the point I can clear the dishes off the table and dont mind right now I am trying to avoid the kitchen altogether:rolleyes:

Rainbow- You are so right, this stuff cost to much so I better stay on track and focus so I can lose this jiggly booty grrrrrrrrrrr :confused::confused:

Dragonfly- I must admit I love the cheese also

day 3 for me so 19 left keep repeating the mantra "21 days to break the habit" (and as day 3 is almost over only 18 left). hope everyone is doing ok, keep srong

Back