25 stone to 19 stone in 8 months.

Hi Helena, I just read your whole diary from the beginning. I hope you don't mind! I think you're doing so so well (regardless of minor slips) I just wanted to add myself to your cheerleading squad!

Hi, i am new on here and came across your post. I wanted to say well done. You have done amazingly well. I wish i had your motivation. Joined SW. need to loose 10 stone to save my heart. Finding it very hard, very emotional and at times i just cry to myself to feel better.

It sounds like you're doing fabulously well yourself, if you've lost 2st 9lbs already, that's a great achievement. Keep chipping away at it petal, you'll get there. You're in good company here if you get emotional about it, I think we all do. And we're not very rational at times either. Sometimes you need someone to remind you how well you're doing.

helena

you are so right with the bread i can always introduce it back in i hope you can sort your problem soon love x x x x

Woo woo

Lost another 2lb, down to 336 which is exactly 24 stone. My lowest weight for 5 years.

Just one more pound and I will be in the 23-stone bracket.

That is 8lb in about 10 days, and this is in spite of eating a goodly amount of chocolate every single day! Yesterday I finished off the Thornton's chocolate Easter bunny that my Russian lodger gave me to cheer me up when I was having a really nasty attack of rhinitis. The day before that I ate a WHOLE BOX of Maltesers (600 calories).

This is crazy! I almost want to write a book called "the chocolate diet" but of course I could not recommend my WOE to anyone as we are all so individualistic. There could be other reasons for my loss. For example, my nose is streaming much of the time so maybe a lot of that is WATER weight lost or rather "snot weight".... LOL

336.jpg

Last edited:
Krupskaya... thanks for reading joining my cheerleading squad LOL. Lovely Welsh name, too: .. LOL

Hello Chezz and Dragonfly

I had a horrible night of coughing etc despite not eating wheat, so what now? Either give it a few more days, or decide it wasn't wheat but dust mites and make a nice sandwich for brekkie.

Welcome Need to Lose.

I have been there! The crying, the frustration, the pain of breaking the emotional attachment to food. Many women on here who have lost 10 stone and more have had ALL those same issues. You are not alone! And you DO have motivation! If you didn't, then what brought you on here, posting your stats, reading people's postings, reaching out for help? Of COURSE you are motivated. You are just seeing a huge uphill struggle, and it seems overwhelming, like climbing Everest. Look on the plus sides: I started with a BMI of about 64, yours is only 46 ~ you have a head start already! I started at 26 stone 9 and you at only 21st 5. I would KILL to be just 18 stone, honestly! Look at the advantages you have already! So, let me see your food diary.

Helena

I need to lose a lot more than 10 stone, so take heart (pun) we are all in this together hunny!

Have you got your own blog/journal/diary?

Woo woo

Lost another 2lb, down to 336 which is exactly 24 stone. My lowest weight for 5 years.

Just one more pound and I will be in the 23-stone bracket.

That is 8lb in about 10 days, and this is in spite of eating a goodly amount of chocolate every single day! Yesterday I finished off the Thornton's chocolate Easter bunny that my Russian lodger gave me to cheer me up when I was having a really nasty attack of rhinitis. The day before that I ate a WHOLE BOX of Maltesers (600 calories).

This is crazy! I almost want to write a book called "the chocolate diet" but of course I could not recommend my WOE to anyone as we are all so individualistic. There could be other reasons for my loss. For example, my nose is streaming much of the time so maybe a lot of that is WATER weight lost or rather "snot weight".... LOL

View attachment 153321

Yay yay yay! Go get em missus - whooop!

So close to the new bracket! Well done lovely! It's allbeen worth it just to get this far to prove to yourself that you CAN do it. And you can! And will do xxx

thanks, ladies.

16lb in 5 weeks... does this mean I really will reach 84lb in 32 weeks?

bmi now under 60 at last

hi Helen,
so happy to come back and see the progress you are making.
BMI under 60 is a BRILLIANT at achievement, these milestones are the ones to really celebrate xxxx

hi Helen,
so happy to come back and see the progress you are making.
BMI under 60 is a BRILLIANT at achievement, these milestones are the ones to really celebrate xxxx

Hey Claire!

Lost another 4lb since yesterday .... now at 332, which is 20lb lost in 5 weeks and one day!

And that was after eating a whole large Galaxy yesterday (600 calories)!

So, weight is now 23 stone 10.

(Started at 25 stone 2.)

Have not been this light for at least 5 years.

Helena

Hey Claire!

Lost another 4lb since yesterday .... now at 332, which is 20lb lost in 5 weeks and one day!

And that was after eating a whole large Galaxy yesterday (600 calories)!

So, weight is now 23 stone 10.

(Started at 25 stone 2.)

Have not been this light for at least 5 years.

Helena

We'll don't that's fantastic.

Rather jealous of the galaxy bar. I used to eat at least 2 chocolate bars a day. Haven't had any for nearly 2 weeks.

We'll don't that's fantastic.

Well don't ~ what?

Yep I cannot believe I have lost 20lb. This is the kind of thing I see happen to OTHERS but never to me!

I am KICKING myself for being so STUPID as to have waited THIS long to start being serious about dieting.

All my adult life has been blighted, maybe even ruined, by morbid obesity. This is Sooooo easy ~ yet I have always been led to believe that it is soooo difficult.

I cannot believe I lost 4lb overnight nor 10lb in a week nor 20lb in 5 weeks.

My b/f was here when I weighed this morning. I weighed FIVE times to make sure it was not a blip and he weighed himself too and that was a check on my scale as his weight was correct.

This is incredible, like I am dreaming.

I know that I will stall and maybe even regain some in the future, but I don't mind, because I know that if I just keep this up, it WILL work, the weight WILL continue to drop off. Maybe not so fast, but it will.

The BEST thing about this diet is that there are no forbidden foods, and no such thing as messing up, because even if you overeat one day you can cut back the next!

It's perfick!

Looks like you've found what works for you... And it really IS working. Such great news.

Lets make sure we stick with our plans now, it'll be so amazing to reach those big goals we thought we would never do!
Feeling really motivated to do this, and REALLY glad we can keep each other company on the way xxxx

I'm glad, too, Claire. I am right behind you!

I pledge to you that I will NEVER, NEVER give up. Promise me the same?

Is it tomorrow you have to go away and face those calories?

I just want to make a note here that drinking a mug of soup between two weighings today did not alter my weight (which means that it does not matter whether I weigh before or after my morning cuppa) AND that wearing or not wearing my Crocs made no difference, either (so now I can stop taking them off before I weigh).

Helena

Promise I'm here with you x

I got back from Frankfurt yesterday, and managed to say NO (repeatedly) in the face of the most temptation you can imagine!! Probably won't weigh in until the end if next week, but managed to stay under 2000 cals both days. Might have underestimated my wine intake in the first night, but it was worth it. haven't giggled so much in a LONG time!!

Ahh thank you Claire. Never give up is our motto.

I'm so glad you got though the trip away unscathed. This means that you have overcome what is a major problem with many slimmers ~ one party, wedding, Xmas and they fall off the wagon and forget to get back on. If you can get through these Times of Temptation then there genuinely is nothing to stop you from reaching your goal.

As for me I am UP 6lbs today, but I am not panicking this time. I drank a LOT of water overnight and this morning, but didn't pee much, so I guess I am full of fluids. What I decided to do is, never log a gain; only log a loss. So if I (apparently) gain, I will just wait for the weight to go back down again, and once it shows a loss again, log that. Anything else would be madness!

Helena

Ahh thank you Claire. Never give up is our motto.

I'm so glad you got though the trip away unscathed. This means that you have overcome what is a major problem with many slimmers ~ one party, wedding, Xmas and they fall off the wagon and forget to get back on. If you can get through these Times of Temptation then there genuinely is nothing to stop you from reaching your goal.

As for me I am UP 6lbs today, but I am not panicking this time. I drank a LOT of water overnight and this morning, but didn't pee much, so I guess I am full of fluids. What I decided to do is, never log a gain; only log a loss. So if I (apparently) gain, I will just wait for the weight to go back down again, and once it shows a loss again, log that. Anything else would be madness!

Helena

You're being so sensible H. There will be gains which mean nothing in the scheme of things - our water weight can fluctuate drastically. If you stick to plan you can't help but lose - just have faith that the scales will reward you eventually. Because they will have no doubt.

Back