25 stone to 19 stone in 8 months.

That is so bad for a doctor. Awful.

If you are in steroid they will be causing it. Been there several times with my asthma x

That is so bad for a doctor. Awful.

If you are in steroid they will be causing it. Been there several times with my asthma x

The only steroid I have been taking is the preventer inhaler (brown one) morning and night. You think this can cause weight gain? What's the point of dieting then?

helena i would look this up you never know there could be a link darling x x x

Thanks ladies for all the positive comments. I am UP another pound today, despite my restraint yesterday. So that is 6lb gained, then another 1lb gained, total 7lb gained in 4 days. And I am supposed NOT to panic. Ok. I will try my best! Oh I forgot to tell you about my GP! What do you reckon on this, gals? I've been at that surgery over 20 years and he's been head of the surgery all that time. He is about 20 stones. Sitting on his chair his stomach lays on his thighs. Never been any different all the time I have known him. Now, the interesting things are: 1. He has been a GP for about 40 years and has a string of letters after his name 2. He has six permanent doctors under him, supplemented by an ever-changing host of locums and interns 3. He employs half a dozen qualified practice nurses 4. He has at his disposal every consultant, dietician, nutritionist and health trainer that Sussex has to offer. 5. He doubtless has BUPA and a private doctor of his own, and access to all of BUPA's dieticians, nutritionists, etc What is interesting is that despite having access to all the above, he is unable to reduce his own weight. But the bonus to me is that he cannot nag me about MY weight. In fact, he is sympathetic. A few years ago when I asked him for weight loss advice he poked himself in the gut and said "I'm hardly the best person to ask!" He then said that as far as he was concerned, dieting on the whole did not work, and the only diet that worked was the cabbage soup diet, and he could not stick to it. As I left he said that if I ever found anything that worked would I let him know! Yesterday, as he struggled to get the cuff around my arm to take my blood pressure, I apologised for my flabby arms, and he smiled sweetly and replied "We cannot help how we are made!" Blimey, what a different attitude from what we USUALLY hear from all those skinny dieticians, nurses, etc!

It's not a good way for a dr to be BUT at least he is sympathetic. My doctor looks at me like he's amazed I'm still alive as I'm so massive. So I'd love a fat dr!! X

Sorry to hear about the gain, are you getting enough water? When you aren't feeling too well you might be retaining x

As I mentioned yesterday, the gain will be water retention from the types of food you ate yesterday, nothing to do with the calories. :)

What a useless doctor, I don't think the obesity epidemic would very safe in his hands, lol. :D xx

Well done hun!!! Think about the calories you saved - instead of those you indulged in! Also think about the money you saved too! Takeaway food is ridiculously expensive for what it actually is. You really do pay for the convinience.

I also agree about the comfort food thing. We have it each time we go see twat. Nothing else will do! It's a proper "reward" and it annoys me every blinking time! Should be able to rise above it. We live and learn love! And we keep getting better! :) It's a long process!

Hope you're feeling better hun xxx

Hi ladies

I'm feeling a bit out of control at the moment. Dealing with this chest mucus has got me down, and then yesterday my PC broke down and I have been trying to back up everything before I lose it. Had to go online and quickly buy a new PC, too. I dread having to re-load all my programs and set up everything all over again it's so tedious, and having to learn a new operating system as well, it makes my heart sink.

Coupled with the lack of weight loss (I am back up to 338 after having hit 332 a week ago) I am now feeling rather listless, unmotivated and down. I got a bit slack with logging my foods, leaving it till today for example to log yesterday's. I hate doing that as I am sure I forget things. Anyway, I have been over 2,000 calories for a few days. I am definitely comfort eating, but I don't seem to be able to stop myself.

I went crazy again yesterday and rang the chippy, but again they had no delivery driver. It's like the Goddess of Weight Loss has had a hand in that! So I had some chicken sandwiches, but I still overate, I made three rounds and I wasn't even hungry. And I wolfed down a 112g bar of Galaxy. I can see myself do it, and I can see WHY I do it, and yet still I cannot stop myself. It's perplexing and frustrating.

I'm drinking lots of water in order to dilute the mucus. The only steroid I take is the inhaler night and morning. The doc gave me tablet steroids but I have not taken any yet.

I feel really depressed about my lack of progress on the weight loss. Even with all my cheating and comfort eating I have been below my TDEE every single day, yet my weight loss stalled and then I regained what I'd lost. So, after 6 weeks, my total loss is still only 14lb.

I got up today swearing I'd keep to 500c today, but have already broken it because I've had about 400 already by only 0900.

I'm really feeling fed up, but I must MUST not fall off the wagon.

Hi ladies I'm feeling a bit out of control at the moment. Dealing with this chest mucus has got me down, and then yesterday my PC broke down and I have been trying to back up everything before I lose it. Had to go online and quickly buy a new PC, too. I dread having to re-load all my programs and set up everything all over again it's so tedious, and having to learn a new operating system as well, it makes my heart sink. Coupled with the lack of weight loss (I am back up to 338 after having hit 332 a week ago) I am now feeling rather listless, unmotivated and down. I got a bit slack with logging my foods, leaving it till today for example to log yesterday's. I hate doing that as I am sure I forget things. Anyway, I have been over 2,000 calories for a few days. I am definitely comfort eating, but I don't seem to be able to stop myself. I went crazy again yesterday and rang the chippy, but again they had no delivery driver. It's like the Goddess of Weight Loss has had a hand in that! So I had some chicken sandwiches, but I still overate, I made three rounds and I wasn't even hungry. And I wolfed down a 112g bar of Galaxy. I can see myself do it, and I can see WHY I do it, and yet still I cannot stop myself. It's perplexing and frustrating. I'm drinking lots of water in order to dilute the mucus. The only steroid I take is the inhaler night and morning. The doc gave me tablet steroids but I have not taken any yet. I feel really depressed about my lack of progress on the weight loss. Even with all my cheating and comfort eating I have been below my TDEE every single day, yet my weight loss stalled and then I regained what I'd lost. So, after 6 weeks, my total loss is still only 14lb. I got up today swearing I'd keep to 500c today, but have already broken it because I've had about 400 already by only 0900. I'm really feeling fed up, but I must MUST not fall off the wagon.

I saw something today that is very apt:

If you car had a flat tyre would you puncture the other three?
If you have a bad diet day (or couple) don't ruin the rest of your hard work.

This is a blip. You will get through it.
So what if you gain a few pounds, you know you'll lose them again when you are better.
A broken computer also does not not equal a takeaway.
You can be strong you know you can. Take it one meal at a time. The water you are having will help for sure.

Do not ruin your hard work. Keep pushing for that seat on the plane. The reason you are doing this.
A few sandwiches and some chips aren't worth the the feeling you'll get when you get to goal. Don't let them stand in your way.
If you have chicken make a soup or a curry or anything ready to grab. The taste of fried foods will never be as delicious as they feeling of seeing the numbers on the scale go down xxxx

Hershey's right Helena, this is just a blip. I think you should concentrate on getting yourself well, try not to stress to much about your weight loss just now, that can wait. Take the steroid tablets if they'll help. Until you're well again, it'll be difficult to motivate yourself.

Don't give up now because if you do you will be back where you started, and when you started you were desperate to be where you are now.

Helena, go back to the beginning of your diary and read your first post and keep reminding yourself why you are doing this. We all have a blip from time to time, we wouldn't be human if we didn't. You say you've only lost 14lbs, but 14lbs is a big amount! You haven't put on 14lbs, you've lost a stone which is amazing! Whether or not it's where you wanted to be right now, your BMI has dropped under 60 and it's now into the 50's. I think you've done great and you should be very proud of yourself :)

Sorry to hear you sounding down - just remember you've still lost a stone in 6 weeks which is more than the average recommendation :) it's awesome xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Don't punish yourself for your over eating by limiting todays (or any other day) calories so severely. You're on a hiding to nothing there by making yourself fail because you're so hungry then beating yourself up for just doing one of your bodies natural urges and eating.

Draw a line under the bad days and just plod forward and take it a day at a time. You've already done amazingly and you know it works - it just takes time and perseverance. It is hard and it's downright illogical sometimes but it WORKS and you've proved that to yourself.

Please get out of your head , forgive yourself for what you can't change (especially as you feel so physically rotten right now even before you take into account everything else) and KEEP GOING. You are only human and you can only keep on trying and one day further down the line you'll be touching 19stone 13lb and wondering what the hell took you so long to do it as you start your journey down from the 20's.

IT WILL HAPPEN AS LONG AS YOU LET IT. We can only support you, we can't (sadly) make it happen for you.

Hi Helena - how are you doing? I hope you're ok. x

thinking about you Helena, and keep checking back to see any updates from you.
Let us know how you're doing we are all here to support you xxxx

I messaged Helena on Mfp and she's just replied. She's fine but having tech issues and will be back on soon. (Hope she does t mind me saying this - but I know we're all concerned) xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

MANY THANKS ladies for all your messages, and for caring about me. I am rather chuffed!

I'm back!

I've been ever so ill with yet another chest infection, and am now on antibiotics yet again. This is the fourth time in two years.

Then my PC packed up and I had to get a new one and install it, then deal with all the problems associated with that installation, and setting it all up just as I want it. And getting used to Windows 7. Finally got enough of it sorted to be able to come back on here.

I get very anxious and sometimes quite scared when I have this chest trouble, because I get asthma and often cannot breathe, then taking Ventolin gives me palpitations, and sometimes cardiac arrhythmia, which I find terrifying, and I feel extremely down and miserable when I cannot even walk upstairs without panting and then collapsing in a heap at the top, struggling to breathe and sucking desperately on the Ventolin puffer to keep myself from dying. The anxiety and misery and worry took my attention away from focussing on my diet and I indulged in a lot of comfort eating. Also, when I began to get better, my appetite returned with a vengeance!

I had a friend stay the weekend and we did lots of fun things together. When he left I sunk back into unhappiness, and ate 3,500 calories in one day.

--------------------------------

On the plus side:

Been on antibiotics for 6 days and can now walk upstairs without panting. Am full of energy and cannot stop doing stuff around the house.

Last night, I slept right through the night, 8 hours, without waking once ~ first time that has happened for at least 5 years, maybe 10.

I have continued to log all my food on MFP.

---------------------------------------------------------

Weight 336. Been stuck going up and down, down and up, between 332 and 338 for the past two weeks. Disappointing, but even at 338 that is a stone lost in 6 weeks.

I have a small problem. In a moment of madness, just as I left the doctor's surgery, anxious, miserable and panicky, I impulse-bought a load of pizzas and have been eating them ever since. I want to stop, as they are too calorific ~ nearly 900 each. I thought I could discipline myself to eat half of one twice a day, but I keep eating two a day. I cannot bring myself to throw them out, to I will ask my b/f to take them off my hands.

Helena

Back