25 stone to 19 stone in 8 months.

Sorry to hear of the temp blip love, are you taking your measurements? ( I think I've asked this before?) as hopefully they'll be showing a movement too.

As we've said before, weight loss follows no logic or rhyme - it can be up one day and down the next- before leaping back up again. It's a pain in the arse. But DO keep doing as well as you are and keep chipping at it. It WILL become worth it in the end.

Hi Helena (at least, I'm guessing it's Helena? :))

It has to be just a blip. You'd really have to be going some to pack on 6lbs of fat (although there are days when I'd be game to give that experiment a go! ;)). So blooming frustrating though. There is no justice when it comes to weight loss. :mad:

As I'm new to WeMITTs I've been reading through threads to get to know everyone a little bit. You made me laugh when you wrote
What I find is, if I am really busy, ESPECIALLY with something like house-painting, I forget all about food. I can literally go four or even six hours on a cup-a-soup when I am painting or gardening. The worst thing for me is sitting at the computer, working on a book or an article. Every time it gets difficult or boring, I find myself in the kitchen, looking in the fridge for nibbles.

So true! I painted our dining room a few weeks back and almost forgot to have main meals, never mind about snacks. :eek: But much though I love decorating, I find it too knackering to do lots of it - yet another reason why I must shift a stone or three.

Hope today's not been too bad, apart from the nasty scales surprise. x

I would possibly be looking at hidden salt content in the soups you have been using causing the gains. Maybe try eating a little more protein.

Seconding this! The soups are nice and low calorie, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the salt content is making you retain water and pushing the scales up. That definitely happens to me. And are you staying within your sugar and carb allowances on myfitnesspal? I know when I stray too far on those--especially the sugar!--I tend to gain.

I know how discouraging it can be to put in all that work and see no results, but you can absolutely do this. Are you doing any exercise at all in addition to the calorie cutting? That can help a lot--not just by burning calories, but by giving you more energy and ramping up your metabolism. It doesn't need to be anything too strenuous.

I like your gold star idea! I might try something similar for myself. :)

Thank you so much, all you ladies, for your messages. It was lovely to log in and see so many people caring about me... MWAH!

Those Knorr soups have an extraordinary amount of sodium on the MFP chart. And yet, to me, they do not taste all that salty. I'm peeved that there is a question mark over them, because I have bought 40 packets for my pantry!!!

It's very easy to make your own soup using just butternut squash and cabbage and onions etc, but then again I always add salt to that. As I don't know how much salt (in terms of spoonsful) are in the Knorr ones how do I know that my home made would be any better?

Today I was so utterly fed up with the calorie counting and restrictions that I just went plain berserk for the first time in ages and had whatever the hell I liked for a day.

This turned out to be chicken curry and sprouts for breakfast, a big bag (670c) of Revels for lunch and cod in breadcrumbs and six small potatoes for dinner, smothered in butter.

Probably 2,500 calories but today I just don't give a toss.

Back to strict dieting tomorrow!

Goodnight ladies.

Helena (yep that is me!)

Argh, I hate when I bulk buy something and then find out it might not be suitable for whatever reason. How frustrating. :(

The box the soups came in should say how much sodium is in each serving, and then I think most food packaging also says "equivalent as salt." Not sure, but that might answer your question as to whether your homemade soups would contain more salt--won't give you a measurement in tablespoons or anything, but will tell you how many grams. If you decide it does have too much salt, you can always have an occasional one now and then on days when you aren't getting much sodium from other sources. They last ages, so I doubt they'll go to waste if you do that.

Soup almost never fills me up, personally, unless it's full of things like beans, lentils, whole wheat pasta, brown rice, or other food that is good at releasing energy slowly. I just end up snacking later if I have one of those skinny tomato soups or something. Don't know if it works the same way for you, but it's worth a thought if you're constantly feeling hungry!

Do you like nuts at all? They have a lot of calories and fat per serving, but they are really good for filling you up. I get the unsalted kind from the baking section (which are usually cheaper than getting them from the snack section, anyway!). I have to get almonds and walnuts, though, because I just sort of like those. If I get cashews and pistachios, then I'll eat the whole bag in one go! :D I love them too much.

Hmm, trying to think of other food that might leave you feeling not as hungry. Oats, sweet potatoes, whole grains, hummus. I like boiling up a load of eggs once per week and having a hard boiled egg as a snack now and then. Nice bit of protein, 74 calories, and apparently the concerns about their cholesterol content are unfounded.

Hope you're feeling better about your diet today. xx

hi Helena
i have had the worst day ever and came on here read your post and burst out laughing lolol thankyou my lovely x x

Hi Helena, how are you doing today? How is the diet going
? You havent checked in for a little while so I hope your ok. Let us know how you're getting on.

Ah, Revels for lunch. Sounds lovely. :) I think sometimes you just have to go with it. No one can be perfect all the time. Plus, if we don't get it wrong sometimes, how can we ever learn from our co€k-ups? :)

Hope you're doing ok x x

Oh ladies I am SO SO SO sorry for causing you any concern. Don't fret, I am still alive, not ill or anything.

I'm also very touched and grateful that there are people in this group who care about me.

I'll come and write a full update within the next 24 hrs.

Helena

many apologies.

too ashamed to post.

many apologies.

too ashamed to post.

Don't be ashamed Helena Please. If I told you about some of my binges your hair would stand on end lol, I promise you! If it helps just post the bits you're prepared to share - it doesn't have to be all or nothing - a full confessional or nothing. A lot of us on here care about you, so we do. Sending (((Big Hugs)))

Don't be ashamed Helena Please. If I told you about some of my binges your hair would stand on end lol, I promise you! If it helps just post the bits you're prepared to share - it doesn't have to be all or nothing - a full confessional or nothing. A lot of us on here care about you, so we do. Sending (((Big Hugs)))

Agreed. You don't even have to tell us anything about it, just post to start again and get back on or you'll be gone forever, the longer you leave it the harder it gets.

If it helps any, Monday evening I ate so much I physically made myself sick, it happens to everyone, we slip, we binge, we feel like quitting and giving up, but we don't, because life is too short to be miserable and not try to better ourselves.

Nobody here will think any less of you, I promise, you will always be harsher on yourself than others will, and I guaruntee most of the time that harshness is undeserved.
X

Helena, please come back to us.
dont tell us about it if you don't want to. As others have already said, just concentrate on getting back on the wagon.

set your calorie limit and plan your meals for the next few days.

you can do It!! Blips will happen, but it's sticking with it long term that will give you the results

xxxx

Yep! Like everyone else has said, we've all been there before. You don't have to tell us if you'd rather keep it to yourself, but if you want to have a vent, then feel free. :)

Don't be ashamed. What's done is done--no changing it. All you can do is resolve to do your best in the future.

Seconded, thirded, fourthed...

Definitely no need for shame, Helena. This isn't easy. If it were easy, none of us would be here. If all it took was simply sticking to a diet, none of us would be here. It's hard. Really hard. I've messed up so many times. But messing up isn't failing. It's just not getting it right for a bit. I think the secret to all this is just to keep going, no matter what happens. Might be 4 steps forward and 3 steps back a lot of the time but you can't fail if you don't give up.

I agree with the others - don't tell us what happened if you don't want to. I think most of us can guess anyway, cos we've all done something similar!

Get your favourite diet foods into the cupboard. Don't try to do any extra cutting back to make up for lost time - it doesn't work, it just makes you more hungry, more fed up and more likely to lose the plot! Punishment won't work, cos it won't fit the crime. You did all the right things and the scales didn't co-operate, that's all. But they will...

Back